stech786

Coronavirus Embassy closed

213 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

On February 13th I got a notice regarding my immigrant visa case becoming documentarily qualified. I was told that the NVC would work with the US Consulate in Dakar- Senegal to schedule an interview. I haven't heard anything since then and now with the Covid19 outbreak I know it will take even longer to get an interview appointment. 

Just now, frannyj2492 said:

On February 13th I got a notice regarding my immigrant visa case becoming documentarily qualified. I was told that the NVC would work with the US Consulate in Dakar- Senegal to schedule an interview. I haven't heard anything since then and now with the Covid19 outbreak I know it will take even longer to get an interview appointment. 

Edited by frannyj2492

Timeline
31 minutes ago, frannyj2492 said:

the wait time for IL for senegal embassy is 3 to 4 months wait my interview is April 16 and i have not received a cancellation notice yet. my DQ is jan 15

Timeline
1 hour ago, sunatim said:

the wait time for IL for senegal embassy is 3 to 4 months wait my interview is April 16 and i have not received a cancellation notice yet. my DQ is jan 15

Good luck on your interview I pray all will go well for you. Let's hope Covid19 doesnt affect you 

@Everyone__

Thanks for your feedback. The purpose of this post was to remind Embassy staff to re-evaluate how to do interviews instead of closing there doors. In one country, the embassy staff flee the country. #######! (I will post that has new reply)

On 3/17/2020 at 1:56 AM, Jack & Anne said:

Had a K1 category appointment at Mumbai, India on March 27, 2020. 

xxxx (2).png

Thanks, I received the same, different country, same language. 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:36 AM, SingleInKY said:

It looks like the Mexico Embassies are all suspending services starting tomorrow.  I have not gotten an email for cancellation yet, but found the notice on the site mx.usembassy.gov.  😒

-SingleInKY

you will get it soon. I got mine yesterday. It was mid-April interview. 

On 3/18/2020 at 1:09 PM, Zaichik&Miska said:

Same thing for us. We were supposed to have K1 visa interview in Ukraine in 1 day and they freakin cancelled it. With no instructions on how/if to reschedule or they will be in touch.

Sorry to hear that. we were 3wks before our interview..

On 3/18/2020 at 3:44 PM, Foma_ATK said:

It appears we can add Russia to this list.  Although she hasn't yet received a notice from US docs, the Moscow embassy website has the following posted:

https://ru.usembassy.gov/travel-alert-u-s-mission-russia/

I can only assume this means the interviews scheduled are cancelled.  If anyone else has heard affirmatively whether this is the case or not, please share.

Edit: just found this at this link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

Done. She will get it soon. sorry to say that. I thought Putin has really strick policy enforced? Released Lions in the streets?

On 3/19/2020 at 11:39 AM, green_rabbit said:

My fiance got an email yesterday that Dakar, Senegal was stopping interviews for the foreseeable future. There were open interview slots on the scheduling calendar for the end of April and May, so I signed him up for one, but it was cancelled overnight. I guess they're not accepting any scheduling of interviews at this time, even though the system lets you? Nothing to do but wait, I guess.

Good luck!, let us know the updates. Hope you are correct.

On 3/19/2020 at 8:42 PM, Googoobuggy said:

Even though they are closing and cancelling interviews, does anyone know if they still working on those who have submitted documents and have cases under Administrative Processing?

My fiance had his interview at the Montreal Embassy, was told everything was perfect except for the condition of his passport (his was slightly damaged), asked him to send a new one, he sent it (it was definitely received by the embassy March. 4th) and now we feel like he's just in this limbo with no passport. Like, even if the ban from Canada to the U.S. is lifted, he can't travel anywhere...

If AP is at the embassy, then yes its stop all processing. The NVC is still open operating normal. They are based in US so things are being operated but slow.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:49 PM, 90DayFinancier said:

I don't mean to make light at the expense of the folks here but I love the title "Corona Virus Embassy closed" 

I was unaware the country of Corona Virus had an embassy here, but in light of the current circumstances, we should revoke their diplomatic credentials and send them packing! 😷😁😷

I made it to the top of the VJ homepage as most popular post. I don't even want to know, if Corona is country on this planet. 

5 hours ago, rcole9012 said:

We got no notice from NVC. There site sucks so bad. Constantly kicks you off and you have to re log in many times to get anything done. When the ask for not information. And you submit then you wait and wait to even know if you have submitted correctly. There messaging doesn't work well and hard to get the messages they do send. The whole process is disgusting.

you will get it soon.

3 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Had our CR1 interview scheduled for April 1 in Stockholm Sweden, originally they told us since my husband is a spouse of a US citizen that it was not impacted, then next day we received a cancellation email.. Hope that the virus slows down and that they are able to reschedule soon. We are already almost 14 months into this process, and just as we saw the finish line, it disappeared again..

Sorry to hear that!

\

2 hours ago, Ahsan7 said:

Can u tell me how long it took for u to get the interview after being documentarily qualified??

F categories are few months. longer than CR-1 

1 hour ago, frannyj2492 said:

This is happening with everyone. so sad 😞 

1 hour ago, sunatim said:

they will cancel it. wait for the email 

Bold are new added to list

Please make sure you are checking your embassy website. Many are closing due to Coronavirus

So far, what I have collected on this forum & others

China
Saudi Arabia 
Brazil
Vietnam
Ghana

Tunisia
Guatemala
Switzerland

Lebanon
Pakistan
Mexico
Algeria
abu dhabi
Dominican republic
Jamaica
India
France
Denmark
Kenya
Nairobi
Haiti

Philippines

Colombia 

London 

Paris

Ukraine

Senegal 

New Zealand

Russia

Afghanistan

Netherlands 

Guyana 

This situation is so bad, that one country, US embassy is running away #######.

Source: https://www.dawn.com/live-blog/

US embassy allows staff to leave Pakistan on voluntary basis

United States State Department has allowed diplomatic or consular staff and their families in Pakistan to leave on a voluntary basis "who have determined they are at a higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19", the US embassy said. In a statement, the embassy further revealed that some members of the staff had departed earlier today.

Here is my problem 

I have doctors in my family working in US. No one ran away. They were sent home because exposure after negative results, went back to work. I went to Costco today, they had line outside by allowing 50 ppl at a time. Embassy should do the same. Think outside the box. The ppl at oversea are paid more just because they assume more risk. Just like a doctor in hospital vs same doctor in prison. Because they take more risk. Why are these morons running away. Not sure why they think immigrants are low priority. We are US citizens too! All schools are going online. They didn’t shut down school and run away. Before these ppl took jobs in that country. They assumed the risk. If someone offers me job in China or Iraq right now as a salesperson for more $$, I say no.

My fiance and I received an email from Yatri: US DoS Visa System  on 19 March 2020 that stated:

The appointment(s) at the Consular Section Nairobi for the following applicant(s) were cancelled. 

Applicant Name     Consular Appointment Date

Fiance's Name         2020-04-14

To schedule a new appointment or to get more information, please log into our website at : https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv/users/sign_in

Best regards,

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

1 hour ago, Annie Asher said:

My fiance and I received an email from Yatri: US DoS Visa System  on 19 March 2020 that stated:

The appointment(s) at the Consular Section Nairobi for the following applicant(s) were cancelled. 

Applicant Name     Consular Appointment Date

Fiance's Name         2020-04-14

To schedule a new appointment or to get more information, please log into our website at : https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-KE/iv/users/sign_in

Best regards,

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

if anyone has April interview, considered it cancelled. This is what I have been seeing.

18 hours ago, stech786 said:

This situation is so bad, that one country, US embassy is running away #######.

Source: https://www.dawn.com/live-blog/

Here is my problem 

I have doctors in my family working in US. No one ran away. They were sent home because exposure after negative results, went back to work. I went to Costco today, they had line outside by allowing 50 ppl at a time. Embassy should do the same. Think outside the box. The ppl at oversea are paid more just because they assume more risk. Just like a doctor in hospital vs same doctor in prison. Because they take more risk. Why are these morons running away. Not sure why they think immigrants are low priority. We are US citizens too! All schools are going online. They didn’t shut down school and run away. Before these ppl took jobs in that country. They assumed the risk. If someone offers me job in China or Iraq right now as a salesperson for more $$, I say no.

Me living in Pakistan i do not trust Dawn news. most of the employees at the embassy are local people and trust me these news outlets here do not fact check there resources who provide them with the news .

1 hour ago, Adeal said:

Me living in Pakistan i do not trust Dawn news. most of the employees at the embassy are local people and trust me these news outlets here do not fact check there resources who provide them with the news .

I totally agree. They don’t do fact checking. 

I was concerned the people who conduct interview and issues visas were US born people? And not local

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I should have had my interview this morning :(  But last Thursday they emailed me to cancel... So now i get to play the waiting game of Sydney Australia to reopen...

Does anyone know if they are automatically extending visa applications because of this? or will i need to formally request an extension? 

5 hours ago, Jaccerz said:

I should have had my interview this morning :(  But last Thursday they emailed me to cancel... So now i get to play the waiting game of Sydney Australia to reopen...

Does anyone know if they are automatically extending visa applications because of this? or will i need to formally request an extension? 

so far no update on this.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jaccerz said:

My interview of March 20 @ 7:30am. Got the cancel notice on March 16 @ 7pm . More waiting  game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so scared that this situation is gonna last for multiple months. 

I'm literally at the last step of my K1 Visa Process at Montréal. I had to send my passport two weeks ago as they finished reviewing my Canadian police certificate on AP. Now, I have no news. 

They have my French passport and I'm staying at a friend's place. I thought it was going to take few days as it was just my passport. But now they are closed and I'm stuck here because I've left my apartment and job a month ago... 

They should at least review the cases where they have the passport in hand or send a email to inform what we can do...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.