stech786

Coronavirus Embassy closed

213 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, stech786 said:

is your interview also cancelled? are you referring to ustraveldoc website? did they tell you to schedule your own? 

No, the U.S DOS website for visa appointments. I have yet to schedule mine. I was at the appointment stage and was told that no appointments are available. On the website, it usually shows next appointment date as well as the other dates available.. and u choose what’s most convenient for u. U can also reschedule on the website. I’ve used the site before, 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Same thing for us. We were supposed to have K1 visa interview in Ukraine in 1 day and they freakin cancelled it. With no instructions on how/if to reschedule or they will be in touch.

35 minutes ago, Redibs said:

No, the U.S DOS website for visa appointments. I have yet to schedule mine. I was at the appointment stage and was told that no appointments are available. On the website, it usually shows next appointment date as well as the other dates available.. and u choose what’s most convenient for u. U can also reschedule on the website. I’ve used the site before, 

it maybe different type of visa. For us, & most of the people, we don't schedule our own. they pick date for us. But we don't know, what happens in situation like this

58 minutes ago, Adeal said:

I'm applying for immigrant visa and they provide the date. I didn't had an option to choose 

do you have  screenshot of that email. did they give you a new date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
30 minutes ago, stech786 said:

it maybe different type of visa. For us, & most of the people, we don't schedule our own. they pick date for us. But we don't know, what happens in situation like this

do you have  screenshot of that email. did they give you a new date?

I’m doing a fiancé visa 

2 minutes ago, mika__ said:

I had an interview at the Montreal embassy April 24/2020 for my cr1 visa

got an email today saying it was cancelled and that when they are resuming interview again they will let me know. Its all up in the air

That’s scary. If Canada isn’t safe, what about those south Asian/African countries. 

I have yet to receive my email 

1 hour ago, Redibs said:

I’m doing a fiancé visa 

maybe that’s why. We are CR1. They schedule for us

Timeline

It appears we can add Russia to this list.  Although she hasn't yet received a notice from US docs, the Moscow embassy website has the following posted:

https://ru.usembassy.gov/travel-alert-u-s-mission-russia/

The U.S. Embassy in Moscow and U.S. Consulate General in Yekaterinburg are providing citizenship and visa services on an emergency basis due to the global COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic.

I can only assume this means the interviews scheduled are cancelled.  If anyone else has heard affirmatively whether this is the case or not, please share.

Edit: just found this at this link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/index.html?firstTime=No

Information for visa applicants regarding novel coronavirus: As of March 18, 2020, the United States Embassy in Russia/Moscow, Consulates in Russia/ Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok are cancelling routine nonimmigrant and immigrant visa appointments. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.

Edited by Foma_ATK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello,

We have an application for a K1 underway for London. I’m yet to schedule an interview and a medical, but I’d have to do so by May before the petition expires. Would we be able to request an extension to this should this situation goes beyond that and the embassy is still closed for interviews? Or may it even be granted automatically?

Thank you.

My husband had his interview today at the Auckland Consulate in New Zealand. Thankfully he was approved and they are trying to issue all visas today, as they told him they expect to be shut down tomorrow or after tomorrow (Friday in NZ).

Edited by SileNZ

My fiance got an email yesterday that Dakar, Senegal was stopping interviews for the foreseeable future. There were open interview slots on the scheduling calendar for the end of April and May, so I signed him up for one, but it was cancelled overnight. I guess they're not accepting any scheduling of interviews at this time, even though the system lets you? Nothing to do but wait, I guess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, Aaron&Clari said:

Hello,

We have an application for a K1 underway for London. I’m yet to schedule an interview and a medical, but I’d have to do so by May before the petition expires. Would we be able to request an extension to this should this situation goes beyond that and the embassy is still closed for interviews? Or may it even be granted automatically?

Thank you.

Wondering the same thing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Even though they are closing and cancelling interviews, does anyone know if they still working on those who have submitted documents and have cases under Administrative Processing?

My fiance had his interview at the Montreal Embassy, was told everything was perfect except for the condition of his passport (his was slightly damaged), asked him to send a new one, he sent it (it was definitely received by the embassy March. 4th) and now we feel like he's just in this limbo with no passport. Like, even if the ban from Canada to the U.S. is lifted, he can't travel anywhere...

13 hours ago, Googoobuggy said:

Even though they are closing and cancelling interviews, does anyone know if they still working on those who have submitted documents and have cases under Administrative Processing?

Applying for an IR-1 in London.  My March 31st interview was cancelled.  And they also said this in a general email answer to COVID-19 related questions:

What will happen with my visa application that is currently being processed?

If it is not possible for your visa to be issued prior to the Presidential Proclamation taking effect, your passport will be returned to you. 

If your application is subject to additional administrative processing, or under review pending a decision on a waiver of ineligibility or for any other reason, that will remain the status of your case until you are advised otherwise. 

If information or documentation other than your passport has been requested in connection with a nonimmigrant visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume. However, you should not submit your passport for a nonimmigrant visa case, even if it has been requested from you. 

If any information or documentation has been requested for your immigrant or fiancé(e) visa application, you can still send it in. Your case will be reviewed when routine operations resume.

Which strongly implies that all processing work has stopped.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.