dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, pincushion said:

I submitted on September 17 for the very first time. Got email later in October cause we made a mistake uploading documents under joint sponsor instead of household member. Then the second submission was November 3 or 5. Got another email on December 30 that we needed to upload IRS household's member. We uploaded that with W2, 1099, etc on December 31 and finally I got DQ today.

That was very long and stressful!

Did your submission include ds 5540 form?

3 hours ago, AarLar said:

I found the link with the info I read that got me confused. This says more than 12 months? @Hilde @Tofu

8DEB2699-776F-47E6-A044-6E62CF7A2C4A.png

I worked in Singapore for 10 months as an expat, but NVC still asked me for a police certificate from there. I know it's a hassle, but I think it's best to secure police clearances from places you've been in for 6+ months even if the website says it's only applicable for 12-month+ stays. Better to have submitted those than risk them being reasons for RFEs. Just my two cents.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, vinzer said:

I worked in Singapore for 10 months as an expat, but NVC still asked me for a police certificate from there. I know it's a hassle, but I think it's best to secure police clearances from places you've been in for 6+ months even if the website says it's only applicable for 12-month+ stays. Better to have submitted those than risk them being reasons for RFEs. Just my two cents.

@AarLar - everything I've seen said 6 months or more after the age of 16. But honestly, things change and you're better doing some more digging. The good news is that after filling out your list of addresses on the DS260 form, they will automatically generate a list of civil documents needed. They will specify there which police reports you need. For me, it said: POLICE REPORT (BRAZIL). 

I am not sure what the procedure to obtain one in the UAE is, but maybe try to request it online just to have it. If you need it, then you will already have it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, pincushion said:

Guys, I can't believe this! finally got DQ! Third submission was on December 31st. I'm super excited! Thank you so much for the support and information. Hope all of you'll get a good news soon! 💕

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, YasArr said:

In DS5504 form.. there is part 4 point 6 which ask about the US federal income tax return and Transcripts for last 3 years.. Is this about beneficiary or petitioner?

It’s about the beneficiary. If you’ve never filed a tax return in the US you just mark “no”

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

9 hours ago, Miyaka said:

Hi everyone, we are currently on NVC stage, we first submitted all the documents last February 19, but my husband didn't upload his W-2. He said that it's not needed because he already submitted his tax return. We had a little argument about it because I keep on bringing it up and asking him if it's really not needed. And since he didn't want to prolong the argument he uploaded his W2 just now without me knowing it first. 🤦‍♀

So my question is, since the date of our last submission is today, do I have to upload my DS-5540? And if I do, do I have to upload as well evidences to support the things stated in DS-5540? I'm really confused about the whole public charge thing and NVC stage is  stressing me out...😣

I still can't decide on this... 🤦‍♀ I just checked the DS 5540 and I don't think I can have it ready soon. I have a lot of questions about it; like do they also consider the line of work of the beneficiary or is it enough that you have a work experience? I was a government employee in my country and just resigned last February to focus on this whole process and on my family. And of course, I don't expect to get the same work in the US. My worries is that they might ask me what other jobs I can do when I get there, I mean I know my capabilities and what other things I can do, but then again I don't have a proof on that since I was stucked doing the same job for 4 years. 🤷‍♀

Timeline

Hiii VJ people! probably a stupid question but did you guys submit 2 passport photos side by side or 1 photo (for beneficiary)? I have a file with 2 photos side by side (the way they print out) and I also cut it in half to only have 1 pic.  which one to upload ? thanks

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Miyaka said:

I still can't decide on this... 🤦‍♀ I just checked the DS 5540 and I don't think I can have it ready soon. I have a lot of questions about it; like do they also consider the line of work of the beneficiary or is it enough that you have a work experience? I was a government employee in my country and just resigned last February to focus on this whole process and on my family. And of course, I don't expect to get the same work in the US. My worries is that they might ask me what other jobs I can do when I get there, I mean I know my capabilities and what other things I can do, but then again I don't have a proof on that since I was stucked doing the same job for 4 years. 🤷‍♀

I believe you can submit copy of diplomas and certificates that show that you are qualified to perform a specific kind of work. Any kind of training that you had that you could continue doing in the US.

1 minute ago, Hilde said:

I believe you can submit copy of diplomas and certificates that show that you are qualified to perform a specific kind of work. Any kind of training that you had that you could continue doing in the US.

Well, I already thought about that, I just can't help but to overthink. 😅 Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Miyaka said:

Well, I already thought about that, I just can't help but to overthink. 😅 Thank you!

Hilde is right.

As for me, regarding the PART 5 "your education and skills", I ticked "Yes" for "have you graduated high school..." (I have my 2 diploma from Highschool (baccalaureat) and university.)

And "No" for "Do you have any occupational skills".

I don't remember at what stage it was, either USCIS or NVC, but at some point, we had to specify the work we have been doing and for how long. So they have all those infos already (right?).

Take care :)

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Hilde is right.

As for me, regarding the PART 5 "your education and skills", I ticked "Yes" for "have you graduated high school..." (I have my 2 diploma from Highschool (baccalaureat) and university.)

And "No" for "Do you have any occupational skills".

I don't remember at what stage it was, either USCIS or NVC, but at some point, we had to specify the work we have been doing and for how long. So they have all those infos already (right?).

Take care :)

Alix

@Alix64 if you have a university degree, I would consider this as an occupational skill. You can prove this by showing your diploma. 

If you happen to have any licenses (for example, a lawyer´s license or a healthcare professional license) this would be even extra.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, two_black_cats said:

Hiii VJ people! probably a stupid question but did you guys submit 2 passport photos side by side or 1 photo (for beneficiary)? I have a file with 2 photos side by side (the way they print out) and I also cut it in half to only have 1 pic.  which one to upload ? thanks

We uploaded just a single photo

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.