Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

what? hmm that's weird, never hear that one before. try going to a different office but now that he's married his status might give him issues with obtaining it. but 3 hours?? wow, i never wait more than 30 min, try going on a wed next time, and don't be one of the early birds, we tried that the first time, it was a waste of time(2 hours) to find out it wasn't in order. it's by what you are there for.

Yes try an another office!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 12:29 PM, Meg101 said:

Keeping warm in the VERY wintery northwest in Washington state. The dog (Duke) is keeping me company while my husband works and I’m now patiently waiting for the arrival of my biometrics appointment

Where is everyone else waiting and how are you all keeping busy? 🙃

We're in Cape Cod! I fostered a litter of kittens (and we kept 2)I'm so grateful for them, think I'd have gone mad without the company. Doing lots of crafts and painting but beginning to miss friends and family

K1 Visa             

Sent - 26th Aug 2018

NOA1 -  6th Sept 2018

NOA2 -  23rd Feb 2019

NVC sent to embassy - 2nd April 2019

Medical - 21st May 2019

Interview - 31st May 2019

Approved! 

K-1 in hand - 10th June 2019

POE - 4th July 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Biometrics date is the 29 of this month. 
We just got the notice in the mail today. 
I was surprised we are going to a location about 20 minutes away although when I look up our field office it says Chicago. 
A bit confused but glad we have a shorter drive.  
Hope all of your packets are moving along and have a great weekend 😊!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hi! New to this thread. Glad to find a safe place to get informed. 
We are in Gainesville, FL

So...

AOS Package sent: 01/03/2020

(EAD + AOS + AP)

SMS confirmation and check cashed: 01/08/2020

NOA1 date: 01/07/2020

Letter with Biometrics Appointment: 01/17/2020 (Jacksonville, FL)

Biometrics Appointment: 01/30/2020

To be continued...

I also applied for a SSN at the local SSA office, they told me it would take up to 6 weeks, but its been more than 2 months and nothing. I’ve revisited the office but they told me the case is still waiting for DHS approval, nothing I can do but wait.

Best of luck to all of you!

Mauro

Edited by maferraric

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Cool that you already have your biometric appointments. I'm not in a hurry with getting an appointment since I already know that I'll have to reschedule it. My husband won't be here for about four weeks and I won't be able to make it to New Orleans on my own...

@maferraric did you checked your status at the save database? Is it really still with DHS?

Timeline

@Letspaintcookies Thanks!

I didn’t know what SAVE database was, I just checked if I was there with my Alien Number. No match

They told me at the SSA that there was no way to check the status online. I haven’t been to the office since mid December, but I figure I should just wait. I really want my SSN. I need it to get a Driver’s License (Ive been driving anyways, with my Chilean License) and to open a bank account, get a credit card, start building credit asap, etc

Edited by maferraric

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

When filing for I-485 for wife and separately for kids, am I also supposed to include separate affidavit of support, certified copy of marriage certificate, etc in kids application ?

Timeline
27 minutes ago, maferraric said:

@Letspaintcookies Thanks!

I didn’t know what SAVE database was, I just checked if I was there with my Alien Number. No match

They told me at the SSA that there was no way to check the status online. I haven’t been to the office since mid December, but I figure I should just wait. I really want my SSN. I need it to get a Driver’s License (Ive been driving anyways, with my Chilean License) and to open a bank account, get a credit card, start building credit asap, etc

Check with your passport or I-94 number. They don't have all your numbers on record. For me it worked with my passport number since that's all I gave them at the SSA. Something should work and it will tell you if it's still with DOS or already back at the SSA. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, SamJan said:

Hello,

When filing for I-485 for wife and separately for kids, am I also supposed to include separate affidavit of support, certified copy of marriage certificate, etc in kids application ?

Can't tell you for sure but I probably would. Just in case that the applications end up on different desks.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Check with your passport or I-94 number. They don't have all your numbers on record. For me it worked with my passport number since that's all I gave them at the SSA. Something should work and it will tell you if it's still with DOS or already back at the SSA. 

I found it. It says it’s been returned to the SSA in Maryland. Doesn’t say when, the date is Nov 6th, I filed the app on Nov 4th.

I read in another thread that many people have experienced long waits, with the same status showing on the database.

Timeline

15 minutes ago, maferraric said:

I found it. It says it’s been returned to the SSA in Maryland. Doesn’t say when, the date is Nov 6th, I filed the app on Nov 4th.

I read in another thread that many people have experienced long waits, with the same status showing on the database.

Now that you know that it's back with SSA I would go there again. I had my card within a week after it was released by DOS

Hey ya'll! So thankful to have found this thread.

My husband and I applied for his AOS earlier this week, it was delivered on January 15th.

So encouraging to see texts/NOA1s being sent out so fast!

We are from Seattle, WA though so looks like there is a looooong wait ahead. But on the bright side, I have my husband here with me now :thumbs: 

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Aos sent 01/02/20

Delivered 1/3/20

NOA1 1/8/20

Letter of Appointment 1/18/20

Biometric appointment 1/30/20, Baltimore 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:15 AM, Cinder4luv said:

Just received my NOA1 receipt for i485 and i765. So I just have to wait for my biometric appointment, wish you all luck

17 hours ago, SamJan said:

Hello,

yes as long as they are different people 

duh

On 1/14/2020 at 3:19 PM, Erin86 said:

After 32 days I received the notifications last night for 485 and 765... but they made a mistake and rejected my 131. Absolute incompetence. 

Hey Erin,

Did you not get a denied notification for the 131. I spoke to USCIS representative and they told me they dont text/email notify when they deny. is that correct in your case ? 

Edited by Donald120383

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.