Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just preparing everything for the AOS and probably gonna send it in next week. So here's to another round of waiting 😊

Hope a couple of you will join 😁😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

My wife (applying for AOS) and I, are filling out the I-485 form together hopefully to send it in Jan 2020. She has insufficient English;  and at the of the form to sign, am I going to be the interpreter or preparer signing off?

22 hours ago, SamJan said:

Hello,

My wife (applying for AOS) and I, are filling out the I-485 form together hopefully to send it in Jan 2020. She has insufficient English;  and at the of the form to sign, am I going to be the interpreter or preparer signing off?

From the i-485 instructions 

"Part 12. Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant. This section must contain the signature of the person who completed your application, if other than you, the applicant. If the same individual acted as your interpreter and your preparer, that person should complete both Part 11. and Part 12"

Package sent today. Wishing everyone lots of luck and for a smooth and speedy process. 🤩🤞🏽 When times get tough and we feel impatient, let’s remind ourselves we are so lucky to finally be with our loved ones during this wait ❤️ ... the best is yet to come! 🥳

Timeline

We sent it yesterday. It's supposed to arrive on monday. Still puzzled by the fact that mail needs a couple of days instead beeing delivered just the next day 😂

I'm way more relaxed than I was with the K1 but let's see how many days without NOA1 it needs to change my mind 😂😂  

54 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Package sent today. Wishing everyone lots of luck and for a smooth and speedy process. 🤩🤞🏽 When times get tough and we feel impatient, let’s remind ourselves we are so lucky to finally be with our loved ones during this wait ❤️ ... the best is yet to come! 🥳

Very good attitude!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, skjourney said:

From the i-485 instructions 

"Part 12. Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant. This section must contain the signature of the person who completed your application, if other than you, the applicant. If the same individual acted as your interpreter and your preparer, that person should complete both Part 11. and Part 12"

Thanks for the info.

From this I can infer that I have to sign as preparer and interpreter. am I understanding right?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SamJan said:

Thanks for the info.

From this I can infer that I have to sign as preparer and interpreter. am I understanding right?

In my understanding, yes.

1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

We sent it yesterday. It's supposed to arrive on monday. Still puzzled by the fact that mail needs a couple of days instead beeing delivered just the next day 😂

I'm way more relaxed than I was with the K1 but let's see how many days without NOA1 it needs to change my mind 😂😂  

They call the next day delivery as USPS priority express or Fedex Priority next day service 

duh

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Donald120383 said:

They call the next day delivery as USPS priority express or Fedex Priority next day service 

What I meant is that due to the fact that this country is so huge it just needs longer. From Germany I'm used that even standart post is delivered the next day. Just because it's possible because of the size of the country.

30 minutes ago, SamJan said:

Thanks for the info.

Yes sign both parts and you should be good

17 minutes ago, Letspaintcookies said:

What I meant is that due to the fact that this country is so huge it just needs longer. From Germany I'm used that even standart post is delivered the next day. Just because it's possible because of the size of the country.

yes you just have to pay more for american size country. lol 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.