Letspaintcookies

January 2020 - AOS Filers (merged)

2,086 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

We all have our fair share of highs and lows here and yes, I can't wait for it to be over too. Just so that the clock can start ticking for the next round to come 😂

You got that right. 

15 hours ago, Zsazsa said:

You got that right. 

Honestly it's stories like yours that keep me coming back to this & the December thread to check up on folks. I want to see you guys get through all this and have some good news! :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 hours ago, yoda one for me said:

Honestly it's stories like yours that keep me coming back to this & the December thread to check up on folks. I want to see you guys get through all this and have some good news! :(

Awe that's sweet. And it's ok. We don't judge you because you already got your greencard. You're still welcome here 😂😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

168 days since ready to be scheduled (after RFE)  - haven’t been on here in a while, how is everyone doing? We’re in another lockdown in Honolulu and literally all our plans went out the window haha this year has been so crazy, right?? I hope we all get some good news soon 😊 I’m so glad I can surf every day, that’s probably what keeps me sane 😄  Sending lots of good vibes over to whoever needs them today 🧡

Hi everyone! Always love the camaraderie in this group.

Our status is still ready to be scheduled for interview since March. Since I’m in Seattle I’m not too bothered as the backlog is notorious here. 

some good news - after 6 months of being unemployed (I’m the USC) I got a new job in my field and my husband also got a job offer a week later! He will start at the end of this month and I’ll start on Monday 💃 He was getting really antsy (understandably) at home with an unemployment gap since November 2019 when he initially immigrated here. 

things in Seattle have been crazy, especially with the wildfires getting so close to home! It’s funny because those of us who had spouses move here around our timeline have had to deal with all the craziest things in our first year of marriage - unemployment, global health crisis, global economic crisis, upcoming election! Hopefully it makes all our marriages off to a strong start.

sending everyone good vibes ❤️

Edited by Bars&Saqi

Immigration Timeline:

K1 Filed: May 15th, 2019

K1 NOA1 Received: May 20th, 2019

K1 NOA2 Received: August 23rd, 2019

NVC Received: September 12th, 2019

Embassy Received: September 19th, 2019

K1 Interview in Bangladesh Embassy: October 28th: APPROVED!!

Visa On Hand: November 14th, 2019

POE Seattle, WA: November 23rd, 2019

MARRIED! (L) December 7th, 2019

Applied for SSN: December 17th, 2019

AOS Sent: January 11th, 2020

AOS Delivered: January 14th, 2020

SSN Manual Verification Complete: January 17th, 2020

Text Notifications of AOS Received: January 20th, 2020

SSN Received: January 22nd, 2020

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: January 24th, 2020

Biometrics Notice: January 25th, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: February 4th, 2020

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview: March 11th, 2020

EAD Expedite Request: May 26th, 2020

EAD Expedite Documents Submission: June 1st, 2020

EAD Expedite Denied: June 2nd, 2020

EAD and AP Approved Normally 🥳 🎉: June 10th, 2020

EAD and AP Received: June 22nd, 2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kat & K said:

Umm you guys.. my interview has just been scheduled!! 😂 I went on case tracker to do a search, you know just the regular “let’s see if there’s some movement” kinda thing and that case number right on top looked awfully familiar 😄 So I went back to my cases, refreshed the page and sure enough it updated to “interview was scheduled” - I must have caught it right when it updated lol 

I’ll keep you guys posted and as always sending positive vibes and good juju to everyone 🧡

What a wonderful news! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Hi everyone. My interview is tomorrow morning at 8am (PST) and I’m feeling now nervous to say the least. 

I think we are as prepared as we can be but our living situation and my husbands work situation now because of COVID is not straight forward at all, so I’m very worried about the outcome for tomorrow and possibly being grilled on those areas. He’s calm and confident (As always 😂🙄) but I don’t think I’ll get much sleep tonight lol. 

I’ll report back on here as soon as I can to let people know what my experience was like.

Fingers, toes, eyes and noses crossed for me guys! Lol. 🤞🏽❤️

It's gonna be awesome. Everything possible crossed 🥰🥰

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

It's gonna be awesome. Everything possible crossed 🥰🥰

Just show the love and commitment you have as spouses and you will be just fine...   let us know how it goes...  much luck and a good experience to you!!! 

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Meg101 said:

Hi everyone. My interview is tomorrow morning at 8am (PST) and I’m feeling now nervous to say the least. 

I think we are as prepared as we can be but our living situation and my husbands work situation now because of COVID is not straight forward at all, so I’m very worried about the outcome for tomorrow and possibly being grilled on those areas. He’s calm and confident (As always 😂🙄) but I don’t think I’ll get much sleep tonight lol. 

I’ll report back on here as soon as I can to let people know what my experience was like.

Fingers, toes, eyes and noses crossed for me guys! Lol. 🤞🏽❤️

Best of luck ! let us know how it went !

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Hi everyone, thank you for the luck and well wishes.

I’m a too upset to give a full low down on what happened this morning but the brief overview of it is... 

We did the interview but were told at the very end that although they were happy with our bonafide marriage (I’ve known him 7 years... it’s obvious we are a legit couple!) that we can’t move forward with the case or be approved because my medical exam information (the sealed envelope packet that I gave to the border officer on inspection in Seattle when I arrived here back in December) has not been sent to them. It’s effectively lost and missing from my file. 

I did give them the copy of my vaccination record I had and offered to give them the copy of the chest x-ray that I was given when I had my exam done in August 2019 but they just photocopied the form out of what I feel courtesy and said they still need to track down the medical exam stuff and cannot continue processing without it. 

So now we wait... we have been given absolutely no information other than they can’t proceed and need to find it. We weren’t given any papers or anything, just verbally told they can’t find it. Nothing else. 

Naturally, I am very surprised and upset. It’s not our fault they lost it but it may mean needing to redo the medical exam and of course an unknown length of wait.  If anyone knows of anyone who has been in this situation before, please put me in touch. This has blindsided us.

ill update when I have some positive news to share and have cheered myself up a little. ❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

Hi everyone, thank you for the luck and well wishes.

I’m a too upset to give a full low down on what happened this morning but the brief overview of it is... 

We did the interview but were told at the very end that although they were happy with our bonafide marriage (I’ve known him 7 years... it’s obvious we are a legit couple!) that we can’t move forward with the case or be approved because my medical exam information (the sealed envelope packet that I gave to the border officer on inspection in Seattle when I arrived here back in December) has not been sent to them. It’s effectively lost and missing from my file. 

I did give them the copy of my vaccination record I had and offered to give them the copy of the chest x-ray that I was given when I had my exam done in August 2019 but they just photocopied the form out of what I feel courtesy and said they still need to track down the medical exam stuff and cannot continue processing without it. 

So now we wait... we have been given absolutely no information other than they can’t proceed and need to find it. We weren’t given any papers or anything, just verbally told they can’t find it. Nothing else. 

Naturally, I am very surprised and upset. It’s not our fault they lost it but it may mean needing to redo the medical exam and of course an unknown length of wait.  If anyone knows of anyone who has been in this situation before, please put me in touch. This has blindsided us.

ill update when I have some positive news to share and have cheered myself up a little. ❤️

Oh wow. So sorry you had to endure this. A great deal of incompetence on their end if you ask me. 

2 minutes ago, qrk said:

Oh wow. So sorry you had to endure this. A great deal of incompetence on their end if you ask me. 

Thank you. I feel the same way. Like how on Earth is this only now coming to light that it’s not in my file? 😔 I was originally supposed to have an interview in April but it was cancelled. Surely it should have been looked at even before that stage and could have been resolved WAY before now. 

I’m very upset and disappointed. I was really blind sided by this. I thought if we needed further processing it would be to do with other things in our case. Not something they have messed up on. I’m going to try hard to stay positive but as I’m sure everyone can relate, wherever you are in the stage of waiting, this process is tiring and can take a toll on mental health and on a marriage. 😔

Heres hoping for a resolution soon. 🌻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.