Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, 2PsNAPod said:

Hello everyone I filed by 130 to Nebraska in June 2019 does anyone know or has anyone filed during that time? Also I’ve been reading a lot of attacks on people who used a lawyer and we chose to use a lawyer because we wanted a better chance and maybe I’m not so good at paperwork but did anyone else use a lawyer and how has that gone for them if you did not use a lawyer and you have a problem with people using the lawyer please do not respond. 

I did not read where it said it’s against the rules to not be attacked for asking “please do not attack me” also I see that the person who responded has been a long time member and is well aware on how to navigate this website. So please keep in mind that navigation and knowing where to post is a bit daunting to new members . Thank you however for your response 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hi everyone!

l recently filed I-130 form for my wife as an USC. My PD is Jan 9th. Nebraska is my Center. Do you think l am fortunate or unfortunate? Just kidding! Good luck to everyone during this long journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, 2PsNAPod said:

Hello everyone I filed by 130 to Nebraska in June 2019 does anyone know or has anyone filed during that time? Also I’ve been reading a lot of attacks on people who used a lawyer and we chose to use a lawyer because we wanted a better chance and maybe I’m not so good at paperwork but did anyone else use a lawyer and how has that gone for them if you did not use a lawyer and you have a problem with people using the lawyer please do not respond. 

I am using a lawyer and it's true, people are viscous against them sometimes. I've been told to fire mine like 6 times already lol. Our lawyer is great, We can contact anyone at the firm if we have a question and they usually get back to us within a few hours.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Learning more about this process. everyday  I "thought" my processing center was where I mailed my packet to, but I received the paper copy of my NOA-1 yesterday and it says Potomac Processing Center at the bottom.  I've updated my timeline and now there is no longer an "estimated NOA-2 date" because it says there isn't enough information to make an estimate.  Looking at the Potomac processing times for CR-1's though, it looks like five to six months for the NOA-2 from the NOA-1.  I'm just along for the ride now.

2020-Jan-15  : I-130 packet sent

2020-Jan-17  : I-130 packet received

2020-Jan-21  : NOA-1 (received text message)

2020-Jan-25  : NOA-1 (received US Mail) Assigned to Potomac Processing Center

2021-Jan-05  : NOA-2

2021-Jan-05  : Case sent to NVC

2021-Jan-08  : NVC Received Case

2021-Jan-25  : Paid IV and AOS fees

2021-Jan-30  : IV and AOS documents submitted

2021-Feb-22  : IV and AOS documents resubmitted

2021-Feb-22  : DQ (Documentarily Qualified) 

2021-Jul-16   : Received Interview Appointment Email from NVC

2021-Jul-27   : Medical exam completed in Brasilia

2021-Aug-10 : Biometrics completed in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-11 : Interview Appointment in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-18 : Visa delivered via Correios and paid final USCIS fee

2021-Aug-18 : Immigrated through Miami, FL

2021-Sep-3    : Received Social Security Card in the mail

2021-Dec-5    : Received Greencard in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Filed online January 21st which is also our PD. Got online NOA Jan 22 and the NOA in mail today, January 27th. 
We got Nebraska😢
I know there’s no way to choose which center you get and I’m so happy for those that got Texas or Potomac,  it’s still pretty tough tho knowing that lotta people filing this month will be starting their lives together here in the US before our initial application even gets looked at for the first time.

Edited by Siddsgal
Added to it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, Millikkl said:

I got a text message with a receipt number on Jan 10 and then the letter in the mail with the service center on the 14th. Priority date is Jan 6.

For the NOA-1 do we go off of the received date or receipt date? My received date is showing 01/24/20 and receipt date of 01/27/20 via text. When I checked in online it stated it was emailed to me. I did not get an email with any information. Nothing in the mail as of yet either.  Any thoughts?

Hello all just got my IOE number and PD they received mine on January 7th. Now I am standing on the platform waiting for this train to get rolling.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:34 PM, Lima19 said:

Hi everyone!

l recently filed I-130 form for my wife as an USC. My PD is Jan 9th. Nebraska is my Center. Do you think l am fortunate or unfortunate? Just kidding! Good luck to everyone during this long journey!

My PD is January 6th but have not received a NOA 1 yet so I do not know my center how long does it take to get it?

58 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

My PD is January 6th but have not received a NOA 1 yet so I do not know my center how long does it take to get it?

"If your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, has been properly filed, USCIS will initially respond by mailing you a receipt notice that confirms receipt of your application. The receipt notice is formally known as Form I-797C, Notice of Action (see example below) and arrives 2-3 weeks after filing."

I have yet to receive mine but it was submitted online a week ago. According to the above quote you should receive it very soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have a dumb question which I'm sure has been asked before but how do they decide what service center you're going to be assigned to?  I assumed it was based on my physical address but there's so many people on here that seem to be surprised as to which service center they have been assigned.  Just curious...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, JAC&MEH said:

I have a dumb question which I'm sure has been asked before but how do they decide what service center you're going to be assigned to?  I assumed it was based on my physical address but there's so many people on here that seem to be surprised as to which service center they have been assigned.  Just curious...

Nope, it’s totally random. Some People in Texas have their application go to Nebraska and people in Nebraska have their application go to Potomac, no rhyme or reason to it. 

Hello! We mailed our paper package and it was delivered by USPS to the Phoenix Lockbox this past Monday the 27th. We haven’t heard anything yet from USCIS, and neither has our check been cashed.. We’re starting to be worried since it seems that most people receive their NOA1 just a couple of days after their package has been delivered. Is it normal for NOA1 to take more than a week..? We’re regretting not filing ours online, it seems like you’d at least get the confirmation that your petition has been received quicker online...

19 hours ago, MlgSea said:

Hello! We mailed our paper package and it was delivered by USPS to the Phoenix Lockbox this past Monday the 27th. We haven’t heard anything yet from USCIS, and neither has our check been cashed.. We’re starting to be worried since it seems that most people receive their NOA1 just a couple of days after their package has been delivered. Is it normal for NOA1 to take more than a week..? We’re regretting not filing ours online, it seems like you’d at least get the confirmation that your petition has been received quicker online...

Yeah, it's normal. I was a little worried as well as we had submitted ours online but have yet to receive any update either aside from it being received and that it "should" be emailed. Apparently takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to come through. We have been waiting 9 days now. 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.