Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Siddsgal said:

On my timeline. Our original date was Jan, 28, 2021 so we’ve shaved a month off already!😁

May even come down still later this year with the June transfers 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, LilyJ said:

May even come down still later this year with the June transfers 

We have not even started preparing for NVC so it’s ok if Nebraska doesn’t go too fast😂🤣

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone know the best way to inform the USCIS of a job change and to submit additional evidence of a bonafide marriage? I'm just deciding if I should submit proof every time I travel to visit my husband, or if that isn't necessary once the initial i-130 is submitted. I am also contemplating a job offer and don't know how to go about submitting that. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Millikkl said:

Does anyone know the best way to inform the USCIS of a job change and to submit additional evidence of a bonafide marriage? I'm just deciding if I should submit proof every time I travel to visit my husband, or if that isn't necessary once the initial i-130 is submitted. I am also contemplating a job offer and don't know how to go about submitting that. 

Not needed, you will just update everything at NVC, you can also submit more bona fide marriage proof at NVC as well to side load the petition, but you don't need to update anything to the I130

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Timeline

Also, I just went to myUSCIS account to check it. It shows a large upload file under "Doucments" > "Your uploads" with by IOE number, some other numbers and a -part 4. I downloaded it to see what it was (since I didn't upload it). It is just 25 of the pages I sent of travel evidence, but that isn't even all of it, nor is the rest of my packet that I submitted with the I-130 there. Anyone else have something like this? It makes me nervous that they don't have all the correct information uploaded to my account. 

Edited by Millikkl

Timeline
23 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Not needed, you will just update everything at NVC, you can also submit more bona fide marriage proof at NVC as well to side load the petition, but you don't need to update anything to the I130

The online submission form lets you add documents which I was so thankful for cuz after submitting application we realized that we didn’t include anything about how we met each other🤦‍♀️😂

We’re both goofballs and we met in a humor group so I sure hope that whoever gets our case has a sense of humor otherwise they are gonna be annoyed by the lack of professionalism and seriousness in all our proof lol.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Siddsgal said:

The online submission form lets you add documents which I was so thankful for cuz after submitting application we realized that we didn’t include anything about how we met each other🤦‍♀️😂

We’re both goofballs and we met in a humor group so I sure hope that whoever gets our case has a sense of humor otherwise they are gonna be annoyed by the lack of professionalism and seriousness in all our proof lol.

Do you see your completed i-130 packet there as well that they would have uploaded? I have a 25 page upload there that I didn't upload, but was a part of the packet I sent in...it is worrying me that they have my items in the wrong place. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Millikkl said:

Also, I just went to myUSCIS account to check it. It shows a large upload file under "Doucments" > "Your uploads" with by IOE number, some other numbers and a -part 4. I downloaded it to see what it was (since I didn't upload it). It is just 25 of the pages I sent of travel evidence, but that isn't even all of it, nor is the rest of my packet that I submitted with the I-130 there. Anyone else have something like this? It makes me nervous that they don't have all the correct information uploaded to my account. 

I’ve seen others say the same thing but ended up  just being the way it shows up online. Someone else that has mailed their application would be able to answer you much better than I can tho.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Millikkl said:

Do you see your completed i-130 packet there as well that they would have uploaded? I have a 25 page upload there that I didn't upload, but was a part of the packet I sent in...it is worrying me that they have my items in the wrong place. 

It shows a snapshot of the 12 page application that was automatically filled out when I was answering the questions and then in the document section it shows all the documents I uploaded. But we filed online so it’s gonna be different for you, sorry I can’t help you out more! 

So, we finally received our NOA1 for 4th February after filing it online at 23rd January. This was after we raised a concern online over not receiving any update.

Our service centre is Nebraska. In for a long wait. 🙄

They really don't make it easy. I really wish I had applied for the K1 now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Xyrstine said:

So, we finally received our NOA1 for 4th February after filing it online at 23rd January. This was after we raised a concern online over not receiving any update.

Our service centre is Nebraska. In for a long wait. 🙄

They really don't make it easy. I really wish I had applied for the K1 now.

My lawyer told me that the K1 has become increasingly problematic. Yes, they may be able to get here faster but the new administration has put a ton of new hoops to go through for your partner to get residency and the right to work, and ends up being a much longer process.

Just now, Millikkl said:

My lawyer told me that the K1 has become increasingly problematic. Yes, they may be able to get here faster but the new administration has put a ton of new hoops to go through for your partner to get residency and the right to work, and ends up being a much longer process.

Yeah, I heard about it taking a lot longer to start working with the K1 (he is the petitioner by the way). But the reality of waiting another 1+ year to be together is really heartbreaking. We have been together for around a decade now and only just got married after finally meeting eachother's families etc. We aren't getting any younger and just want to start a family of our own. 

Ah well. More time to save up and prepare ourselves, I suppose.

Timeline
Just now, Xyrstine said:

Yeah, I heard about it taking a lot longer to start working with the K1 (he is the petitioner by the way). But the reality of waiting another 1+ year to be together is really heartbreaking. We have been together for around a decade now and only just got married after finally meeting eachother's families etc. We aren't getting any younger and just want to start a family of our own. 

Ah well. More time to save up and prepare ourselves, I suppose.

I feel you!! My parents haven’t even met my husband in person because he can’t get a visa to come here and it’s not easy to get them down to where he lives. We decided to just do it anyways. I too feel the pressure of not getting any younger and needing to start a family. Sending good vibes your way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.