Millikkl

I-130 January 2020 Filers

352 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Yeah, it's normal. I was a little worried as well as we had submitted ours online but have yet to receive any update either aside from it being received and that it "should" be emailed. Apparently takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to come through. We have been waiting 9 days now. 🤞

Thanks for responding :) Did you at least get the electronic (email/text) notification though? Which you’ll supposedly get within 24 hours after the receipt of your petition? I thought the whole point of form G-1145 was so that we don’t sit around biting our nails waiting for the paper notification to come in in the mail in 2-3 weeks...

1 hour ago, MlgSea said:

Thanks for responding :) Did you at least get the electronic (email/text) notification though? Which you’ll supposedly get within 24 hours after the receipt of your petition? I thought the whole point of form G-1145 was so that we don’t sit around biting our nails waiting for the paper notification to come in in the mail in 2-3 weeks...

Nope, no email or text notification. That's why I have asked before if anyone had submitted a G-1145 online too (they didn't). I guess even though it's an instant submission it still takes a while for them to update you. I know for some it has been very quick but not always. Just proves how inconsistent they are. 

I hate how it says they emailed us in the update status attached but we have not received anything. This was shown a day after our submission date by the way.

Screenshot_20200124-091545__01.jpg

17 minutes ago, Xyrstine said:

Nope, no email or text notification. That's why I have asked before if anyone had submitted a G-1145 online too (they didn't). I guess even though it's an instant submission it still takes a while for them to update you. I know for some it has been very quick but not always. Just proves how inconsistent they are. 

I hate how it says they emailed us in the update status attached but we have not received anything. This was shown a day after our submission date by the way.

Screenshot_20200124-091545__01.jpg

Oh wow, so they are still inconsistent even with the new online system! I feel like this whole thing is a big game of luck, down to which service center you’ll get assigned to.. One more question, if you don’t mind, have they withdrawn your application fee from whatever mode of payment that you submitted it in?

7 minutes ago, MlgSea said:

Oh wow, so they are still inconsistent even with the new online system! I feel like this whole thing is a big game of luck, down to which service center you’ll get assigned to.. One more question, if you don’t mind, have they withdrawn your application fee from whatever mode of payment that you submitted it in?

The payment was immediate to be fair like any standard transaction online. Most credit/debit cards show then and there whether they allow the payment to go through and vice versa with the site. I have previously had issues making big payments online but in this case it went through just fine. 

Not sure when you submitted yours but the withdrawal of the application fee might be an indication that they have processed your file? 🤷 

1 minute ago, Xyrstine said:

The payment was immediate to be fair like any standard transaction online. Most credit/debit cards show then and there whether they allow the payment to go through and vice versa with the site. I have previously had issues making big payments online but in this case it went through just fine. 

Not sure when you submitted yours but the withdrawal of the application fee might be an indication that they have processed your file? 🤷 

Gotcha. And yeah that would be my guess too. Our package was delivered (per usps tracking) on Monday the 27th, with a personal check included. The check hasn’t been cashed out which leads me to thinking that they haven’t even looked at our package in the whole week. 🤦🏻‍♀️

1 minute ago, MlgSea said:

Gotcha. And yeah that would be my guess too. Our package was delivered (per usps tracking) on Monday the 27th, with a personal check included. The check hasn’t been cashed out which leads me to thinking that they haven’t even looked at our package in the whole week. 🤦🏻‍♀️

If it's any consolation, even though ours is online it feels the same lol. Thank God for VJ - we can all have a rant and get through the madness together. Good luck with your submission. Will update my timeline once something happens and get an estimated timeline we can work with. 

1 minute ago, Xyrstine said:

If it's any consolation, even though ours is online it feels the same lol. Thank God for VJ - we can all have a rant and get through the madness together. Good luck with your submission. Will update my timeline once something happens and get an estimated timeline we can work with. 

I know right! Wish I had found this community before I even submitted haha. Good luck with yours too :) 

5 hours ago, Xyrstine said:

Yeah, it's normal. I was a little worried as well as we had submitted ours online but have yet to receive any update either aside from it being received and that it "should" be emailed. Apparently takes 2-3 weeks for a letter to come through. We have been waiting 9 days now. 🤞

Almost 1 month after receiving my paperwork I still have not gotten the NOA 1 yet Or service center yet.

2 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Almost 1 month after receiving my paperwork I still have not gotten the NOA 1 yet Or service center yet.

Omg that would be my living nightmare 😰 Have they withdrawn your payment (from your back/credit card) yet? 

And have you tried reaching out to uscis? (if that is even possible?)

Just now, MlgSea said:

Omg that would be my living nightmare 😰 Have they withdrawn your payment (from your back/credit card) yet? 

And have you tried reaching out to uscis? (if that is even possible?)

Yes they cashed check with in a couple days of receiving paperwork, if I do not hear anything soon I will contact them.  I signed up online with my case even though I mailed it all in, I have case online through uscis and have email and text set up it also allows me to contact them directly.

6 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Yes they cashed check with in a couple days of receiving paperwork, if I do not hear anything soon I will contact them.  I signed up online with my case even though I mailed it all in, I have case online through uscis and have email and text set up it also allows me to contact them directly.

That's frustrating. Hope you hear from them soon. I'd give them a ring on Monday if you haven't heard anything by then. I will ask my husband to do the same at week 3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well this visa journey nightmare just keeps getting better.  As if it's not already bad enough that there is a 1 year wait for an interview in Juarez but I also won the lottery and got Nebraska.  I guess I'm looking at 2.5 to 3 years before I will ever be able to actually live with my wife.  I know cases get transferred all the time but is there a way to request a transfer?  I have heard NOTHING but bad things coming from Nebraska.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello, I finally found this thread! We also filed online on the 13th and got Nebraska.. We were also pretty low these days because of the waiting list and the waiting times that seem to be getting longer! Right now we kinda accepted our lot and trying to hang in there but really don't know what to expect.. I think the new rulings have lengthened the process somehow

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
21 hours ago, JAC&MEH said:

Well this visa journey nightmare just keeps getting better.  As if it's not already bad enough that there is a 1 year wait for an interview in Juarez but I also won the lottery and got Nebraska.  I guess I'm looking at 2.5 to 3 years before I will ever be able to actually live with my wife.  I know cases get transferred all the time but is there a way to request a transfer?  I have heard NOTHING but bad things coming from Nebraska.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Is your spouse a USC? I think right now, even if I know how frustrating that is, buckle down. Filing and preparing the papers at the best of your abilities is the power you had in this process. Maybe look into a k3 visa possibility to see if that could work for you, even though it's become a rarity and it's unclear if it will effectively boost the petition.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, MartaMMM said:

Is your spouse a USC? I think right now, even if I know how frustrating that is, buckle down. Filing and preparing the papers at the best of your abilities is the power you had in this process. Maybe look into a k3 visa possibility to see if that could work for you, even though it's become a rarity and it's unclear if it will effectively boost the petition.. 

No.  My wife is a Mexican citizen.  I am sending the K3 package this afternoon over night.  We are also going to look into applying for a visitor visa.  Not sure what else to try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.