159 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, IsItLekker said:

Hi guys! Thought I would bring you our monthly update for March 2020!

For the entirety of this month, 117 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Approximately 5 cases a day (work day) by the organization as a whole.

Of those 117 petitions approved, :D over 20 of them were at Potomac - nearly one petition a day.

The first petition of the month was approved on the 5th of March.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was October 22nd (likely due to filing for an expedite or I-129f). The latest NOA1 approved without expedite of I-129f was August 2nd. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 12 months from your PD. If you filed before April 15th, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on.

We are a small center (only 1,819 petitions recorded) and the daily rate of approvals has really started to pick-up! Yay! But, keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

Congratulations to our fellow Potomac filers! Let's hope the winds of change continue in our favor! 

New addition to the monthly update, I have created a tool for public use that will allow Potomac Filers to get a visual aid for where Potomac  Center seems to be at in the approval process. I have shared it on FB and I will share it with you all as well. I made a very basic data tracker to help us. You just fill out the three boxes and it will place your case in a bubble chart. When you get an RFE or an approval, you simply change your status in the spreadsheet below the chart and it will change the color of the bubble. That way, everyone will be able to tell at a glance where Potomac Center is at in approvals. Check it out and let me know what you think! I am open to suggestions for improvements if it is within my limited coding capabilities. Everyone is encouraged to enter their information, even if you have already received your approval so we have a good idea of where everything is at. Thanks! Please let me know if you guys need any help or if you are having difficulties using the form. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZ10PLJbVaEuTUHz6SHlnYQGhIP9inMrsC4CgltwEXc/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for your commendable hard work & efforts in making sure that we update our timelines - sending individual messages etc!

I am in awe of your dedication & commitment! I pray that you reap many blessings & happiness in your life for your selflessness! Cheers!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/31/2020 at 10:42 PM, IsItLekker said:

For the entirety of this month, 117 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Of those 117 petitions approved, :D over 20 of them were at Potomac - nearly one petition a day.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was October 22nd (likely due to filing for an expedite or I-129f). The latest NOA1 approved without expedite of I-129f was August 2nd. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 12 months from your PD. If you filed before April 15th, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on.

We are a small center (only 1,819 petitions recorded) and the daily rate of approvals has really started to pick-up! Yay! But, keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

Congratulations to our fellow Potomac filers! Let's hope the winds of change continue in our favor! 

New addition to the monthly update, I have created a tool for public use that will allow Potomac Filers to get a visual aid for where Potomac  Center seems to be at in the approval process. I have shared it on FB and I will share it with you all as well. I made a very basic data tracker to help us. You just fill out the three boxes and it will place your case in a bubble chart. When you get an RFE or an approval, you simply change your status in the spreadsheet below the chart and it will change the color of the bubble. That way, everyone will be able to tell at a glance where Potomac Center is at in approvals. Check it out and let me know what you think! I am open to suggestions for improvements if it is within my limited coding capabilities. Everyone is encouraged to enter their information, even if you have already received your approval so we have a good idea of where everything is at. Thanks! Please let me know if you guys need any help or if you are having difficulties using the form. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZ10PLJbVaEuTUHz6SHlnYQGhIP9inMrsC4CgltwEXc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing your work.

Hats off to your hard work, strong dedication, and commitment.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:42 PM, IsItLekker said:

You did a wonderful job, it helps a lot, thank you so much!

Edited by xbbssd

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lolonyo said:

I130 Priority Date October 14, 2019

Sent I129F which was received on Jan 23, 2020 - I think this helped expedite our case.

I130 approved - April 9, 2020!

Congrats

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Monthly update time for April 2020!

For the entirety of April, 208 😱 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Approximately 10 cases a day (work day) by the organization as a whole.

Of those 208 petitions approved, :D over 44 of them were at Potomac - more than 2 petitions a day.

The first petition of the month was approved on the 1st of April.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was April 6th of 2020 (likely due to some internal testing of the new electronic application systems, but this is speculation as USCIS has not made any formal announcements about the matter). The latest NOA1 approved without expedite or I-129f was September 4th. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 12 months from your PD. If you filed before May 16th, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on.

We are a small center (only 1,860 petitions recorded) but our daily rate of approvals has exploded! Yay! But, keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

Congratulations to all of us who were approved this month! We hope things continue to go favorably for our fellow filers and that many more will receive good news over the next month! 

Don't forget! I have created a tool for public use that will allow Potomac Filers to get a visual aid for where Potomac  Center seems to be at in the approval process. I have shared it on FB and I will share it with you all as well. I made a very basic data tracker to help us. You just fill out the next row in the spreadsheet and it will place your case in a bubble chart. When you get an RFE or an approval, you simply change your status in the spreadsheet next to the chart and it will change the color of the bubble. I've also added the option for someone to note that they are a transfer from another center to Potomac. That way, everyone will be able to tell at a glance where Potomac Center is at in approvals. Check it out and let me know what you think! I am open to suggestions for improvements if it is within my limited coding capabilities. Everyone is encouraged to enter their information, even if you have already received your approval so we have a good idea of where everything is at. Thanks! Please let me know if you guys need any help or if you are having difficulties using the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZ10PLJbVaEuTUHz6SHlnYQGhIP9inMrsC4CgltwEXc/edit?usp=sharing

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

How long has it taken Potomac to respond to your RFE? Did you mail your evidence, upload your evidence, or did both?

USCIS

02/12/2020: Submitted I-130 online 🥳

02/12/2020 : NOA1 (Nebraska) - received online 02/13🤬

02/18/2020 : Mailed K3 ☘️

02/23/2020: Touched

02/23/2020: "Transfered" to Potomac

02/25/2020 : NOA1 (Potomac) K3

04/09/2020: RFE 😫

04/13/2020: RFE response sent 😬

05/04/2020: "Request for RFE evidence received by USCIS"

05/06/2020: Touched

06/15/2020: Touched

06/16/2020: "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS"

06/16/2020 : NOA2 (Potomac)

07/15/2020 : K3 denied

NVC

06/17/2020: Welcome Letter

06/18/2020: Paid AOS and IV fees 

07/03/2020: NVC expedite sent

07/07/2020: Submit everything to NVC

07/08/2020: Documentarily Qualifed (less than 24 hours!) 🥰

07/09/2020: NVC expedite in review

07/14/2020: NVC expedite approved!!🥳

Embassy

07/16/2020: Embassy received case

07/27/2020: Interview Letter

07/30/2020: Medical

08/12/2020 : Interview - cancelled due to alert Level 3 in Auckland :( 

09/16/2020: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥰🥳♥️👩‍❤️‍👨

09/17/2020: CEAC status says "Issued"🥳

09/18/2020: Visa in hand - flight booked!

09/24/2020 : POE

I-751 ROC

06/30/2022: NOA1 (MSC)

“Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.”🌏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/3/2020 at 8:01 AM, corntop said:

Another good indicator is downloading the Case Tracker app.

Hi can you tell me what app that is? There seems to be several 

8 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Hi can you tell me what app that is? There seems to be several 

It's just called "Case Tracker" here is a link to the iOS version but I think it might be on Android too.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, corntop said:

It's just called "Case Tracker" here is a link to the iOS version but I think it might be on Android too.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/case-tracker-for-uscis/id921827126

I did not find that one for android but i found a similar one. I did notice it does not show the date updates like the website does. 

Edited by stringpuller

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.