159 posts in this topic

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=6&option=3&sortby=2

This link will show you all Potomac I-130 approvals on VJ since April 2019. 

On 3/5/2020 at 12:05 AM, GC4all said:

Have there been August approvals for Potomac ?

There was a single approval in the first week of February for a couple who had an NOA1 of Aug 2. However, their PD was the end of July and they filed for a K3 visa (Form I-129f) which made their process slightly faster.

Over two months ago, there was another couple with the same NOA1 as us (Aug 26) and the same PD (Aug 22) that was approved due to either their filing of an expedite or their filing of the K3. They said the expedite request was denied, so I'm guessing it was the I-129f as well. Their timeline has since been removed from Visa Journey, but the approval was mid to late January. 

That said, Potomac is slowly still working through their July cases. 2 couples over the past week with NOA1 dates of the 15th and 16th of July have been approved, so its safe to say we have awhile to wait yet before August will see any approvals.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hey everyone, 

thanks to another thread i discovered that our case had been transferred to potomac via texas. i contacted uscis through chat, as well as email, and it was confirmed both places. additionally they told us our case could follow the timeline of either texas or potomac? who knows! i find it odd, however, that we weren’t notified of this, but thankful we know now!

our acceptance date is september 11th (oof), so following the trend here i realize we still have quite some time to wait.

vj updated for us this morning (yesterday it said there wasn’t enough data) to say the projected range of approval is march 12th through april 6th. it would be amazing if we heard within this time but we shall see!

hope everyone has a great hump day 🐪🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Just saw it too. Is it because of the pandemic?

It Could be because of work-load transfer.

They have got big no transfer cases from other service centers. 

On 12/31/2019 at 1:35 PM, IsItLekker said:

It keeps going back and forth 😱 Now its between June and September. What is going on with their algorithm? Every day is a fresh chance to have a heart attack it seems. 

hi, how do you check please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.