159 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 9/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, IsItLekker said:

Hi guys! Monthly update time for August 2020!

For the entirety of August, 72 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Approximately 3 cases a day (work day) by the organization as a whole.

Of those 72 petitions approved, 21 of them were at Potomac - about 1 petition a day.

The first petition of the month was approved on the 5th of August.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was December 23rd of 2019, potentially due to expedite. The latest NOA1 approved without expedite or I-129f was November 8, 2019. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 11.5 months from your PD. If you filed before September 19th, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on. This is especially true given the instability in processing times we've been experiencing these past couple of months. Get any issues resolved as quickly as possible. Same goes for RFEs. If you haven't received a response to your RFE within 60 days, you should be contacting them.

We are a small center (only 2,003 petitions recorded) and right now our daily rate of approvals is pretty slow. Keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

Congratulations to all of you who were approved this month! We hope things continue to go favorably for our fellow filers and that many more will receive good news over the next month! 

Don't forget! I have created a tool for public use that will allow Potomac Filers to get a visual aid for where Potomac  Center seems to be at in the approval process. I have shared it on FB and I will share it with you all as well. I made a very basic data tracker to help us. You just fill out the next row in the spreadsheet and it will place your case in a bubble chart. When you get an RFE or an approval, you simply change your status in the spreadsheet next to the chart and it will change the color of the bubble. I've also added the option for someone to note that they are a transfer from another center to Potomac. That way, everyone will be able to tell at a glance where Potomac Center is at in approvals. Check it out and let me know what you think! I am open to suggestions for improvements if it is within my limited coding capabilities. Everyone is encouraged to enter their information, even if you have already received your approval so we have a good idea of where everything is at. Thanks! Please let me know if you guys need any help or if you are having difficulties using the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZ10PLJbVaEuTUHz6SHlnYQGhIP9inMrsC4CgltwEXc/edit?usp=sharing

I am the Dec case that was approved in August. Not sure if it was an expedite but I did contact the congresswomans office and they reached out to USCIS on my behalf. Uscis denied my expedite saying that i was already being reviewed by the adjudicator that was July 27. My case was approved as soon as the adjudicator was notified that congress reached out almost 30 days later. My NOA2 and my date change occurred on a Saturday. 

03/01/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC :

03/03/2008: N-400 was delivered :

03/12/2008: N-400 was returned :

03/13/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC Again:

03/17/2008: N-400 was delivered again:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Monthly update time for September 2020!

For the entirety of September, 77 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Of those 77 petitions approved, 20 of them were at Potomac - about 1 petition a day.

The first petition of the month was approved on the 1st of September.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was March 9th of 2020, potentially due to expedite. The latest NOA1 approved without expedite or I-129f was November 29, 2019. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 11.5 months from your PD. If you filed before October 21st, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on. This is especially true given the instability in processing times we've been experiencing these past couple of months. Get any issues resolved as quickly as possible. Same goes for RFEs. If you haven't received a response to your RFE within 60 days, you should be contacting them.

We are a small center (only 2,036 petitions recorded) and right now our daily rate of approvals is pretty slow. Keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

Congratulations to all of you who were approved this month! We hope things continue to go favorably for our fellow filers and that many more will receive good news over the next month! 

Don't forget! I have created a tool for public use that will allow Potomac Filers to get a visual aid for where Potomac  Center seems to be at in the approval process. I have shared it on FB and I will share it with you all as well. I made a very basic data tracker to help us. You just fill out the next row in the spreadsheet and it will place your case in a bubble chart. When you get an RFE or an approval, you simply change your status in the spreadsheet next to the chart and it will change the color of the bubble. I've also added the option for someone to note that they are a transfer from another center to Potomac. That way, everyone will be able to tell at a glance where Potomac Center is at in approvals. Check it out and let me know what you think! I am open to suggestions for improvements if it is within my limited coding capabilities. Everyone is encouraged to enter their information, even if you have already received your approval so we have a good idea of where everything is at. Thanks! Please let me know if you guys need any help or if you are having difficulties using the spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZ10PLJbVaEuTUHz6SHlnYQGhIP9inMrsC4CgltwEXc/edit?usp=sharing

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 10/3/2020 at 7:05 AM, IsItLekker said:

Hi guys! Monthly update time for September 2020!

For the entirety of September, 77 VJ member petitions have been approved by the USCIS across all the centers (by timeline).

Of those 77 petitions approved, 20 of them were at Potomac - about 1 petition a day.

The first petition of the month was approved on the 1st of September.

The latest NOA1 approved this month was March 9th of 2020, potentially due to expedite. The latest NOA1 approved without expedite or I-129f was November 29, 2019. 

The current estimated range for application completion on the USCIS website is between 9 - 11.5 months from your PD. If you filed before October 21st, and you still have not received any notifications about your case, you should call USCIS and find out what is going on. This is especially true given the instability in processing times we've been experiencing these past couple of months. Get any issues resolved as quickly as possible. Same goes for RFEs. If you haven't received a response to your RFE within 60 days, you should be contacting them.

We are a small center (only 2,036 petitions recorded) and right now our daily rate of approvals is pretty slow. Keep in mind, some filers do not have their timelines set up and so their data is not contributed to the pool, so it may be even more effective than my numbers show here. Please encourage any and all Potomac filers in the forums to go ahead and set them up so we can start to get more accurate readings on our timelines.

The processing time has changed to 10.5-13 months 😢

Do you guys think we should start a petition or something to have cases transferred from Potomac? It's little unfair that people who ended up in Potomac and waiting for 10+ months, while those who ended up in Texas or Nebraska are getting approved within 4-5 months!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 8:34 AM, B777X said:

Do you guys think we should start a petition or something to have cases transferred from Potomac? It's little unfair that people who ended up in Potomac and waiting for 10+ months, while those who ended up in Texas or Nebraska are getting approved within 4-5 months!

I agree, one time I spoke to a representative about how do some cases get transferrd and others don't, she said they move cases to even the load....but how is it even when other centers are almost to march 2020 and Potomac jumped back from oct to sept 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jade Hattingh said:

Has anyone seen this update yet? I cant seem to get feedback on our case since December when we first received our NOA1. 

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 12.10.01.png

I personally think its a mistake and I've been seeing plenty December approvals so yours should be soon

Is there a way we can transfer our case to another service centre? Is it worth applying for an i 29 while we await on approval for the I 130 ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

No 

10 hours ago, Jade Hattingh said:

Is there a way we can transfer our case to another service centre? Is it worth applying for an i 29 while we await on approval for the I 130 ? 

No way to transfer service centers unfortunately 😕 

03/01/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC :

03/03/2008: N-400 was delivered :

03/12/2008: N-400 was returned :

03/13/2008: Mailed N-400 to NSC Again:

03/17/2008: N-400 was delivered again:

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/2/2020 at 2:15 AM, Jade Hattingh said:

I'm seriously considering this. This is getting ridiculous at this point and I know I shouldn't be complaining since we just applied in May of this year. But when I read about people getting approved in 4-6 months at other processing centers, its hard not to get upset.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
On 11/1/2020 at 12:11 PM, Jade Hattingh said:

Has anyone seen this update yet? I cant seem to get feedback on our case since December when we first received our NOA1. 

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 12.10.01.png

I think that was because of the elections because now it's between 11-14.5 months which is a 10 month difference.

And there's a lot of hope that when Biden takes over it will go about much faster ❤️

8113DFC0-1987-46E0-8A88-E0AA30F5B5C1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I am permanent residence and about to submit I-130 for my spouse residing in India. Processing time for Texas service center is 1 week-7 months. I live in Maryland and my form needs to be mailed to Texas Service center. My friend who is US citizen and lives in MD, filed for his spouse I-130 online and it went to Potomac service center where the processing time is 12-16 months. I want my application to go to Texas instead of Potomac service center. Would mailing-in I-130 to Texas makes more sense or will it get assigned to Potomac regardless? I am fine loosing a few days by mailing-in the form instead of online submission if it gets processed at Texas service center. Thank you for your attention, appreciate your insights!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.