dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

Yes, there are so many rules, but like you said we have made it a long way. 

Well I still i have a long way to go 😊🙏I am waiting for a case number for my dad but at least I won’t make the same mistake. I know you are next I hope  You hear from them between today and tomorrow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shanshanjamrock said:

Well I still i have a long way to go 😊🙏I am waiting for a case number for my dad but at least I won’t make the same mistake. I know you are next I hope  You hear from them between today and tomorrow

Thanks so much I really appreciate that it took me about two weeks to get my case number

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My hope was I would be getting my case number at NVC already but I finally got through and they just got my case a couple of days ago and the lady told me I will get an email from NVC, with the case number and such, we will see. Two big holidays coming so I am thinking will be January now. Good Luck to everyone!

NVC has its own method, nobody knows but NVC. for my case first was in Oct 22 (morning Jakarta's time) then in the evening we got respond they need more financial supports documents.

we submitted again in Oct 23rd,  finally  in Dec 13 DQ after 7weeks and 2 days, now just waiting for the interview.

the whole process should be named the waiting game 🤷

38 minutes ago, Uzzy said:

after how many days you got response from nvc 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi VJ family , 

i see that right now NVC is taking about 7 weeks  before reviewing some cases ?? Ugh..

they already took almost 6 weeks to review me the 1st time 

i did second submission on December 2nd so now if they keep doing like that I will have no answer before end of January ? 

its a story with no end ..

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Uzzy said:

after how many days you got response from nvc 

My first submission was in October 25  second October 30 then on November 4 I add my mom police record.I think early on in a post I send November 2 but that’s wrong.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:32 AM, Sea Leslie said:

For some reason, I don't believe this accurate. It makes me feel like this is just computer generated because the NVC has been DQ different cases that have nothing to do with this timeline. 

I doubt it's computer-generated, since the dates move at different intervals. Like you'd have one week where they reviewed 10 days' worth of submissions then next week they managed to review 7 days' worth of submissions. None of us has any idea how many documents were submitted on a particular day. Some days might have hundreds of documents submitted that day, while some days might only have a few dozen. This is on top of the fact that there isn't really a standard for government documents across countries, so each reviewer has to pore through differently-formatted documents to see that they're all up to scratch.

I very much understand your frustration, as I'm in the same waiting boat as you, but let's be fair to NVC workers as well. Pretty sure they would love to speed up the process themselves, but they have to do their due diligence among the reams of paperwork they get on a daily basis, none of which follow a set standard so they could easily verify papers quickly. 😅

As for the differences in review speed depending on country, there might be some meat to it in that maybe some countries get more immigration applicants than others, so there's a chance that governments of countries with more applicants also have their own backlog of verification queries from NVC for all those applicants' documents.

That said, this is really all speculation and an attempt to understand the NVC on my end. Again, I'm also just waiting for my documents to be reviewed at this stage, and I know nothing about how the NVC operates in detail. What I will say though is for all of us to just be chill and pray for the best. I need to tell myself that, as well, since I sometimes unnecessarily give myself stress just thinking about this. We're all in it together. 😄

44 minutes ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Finally, almost all documents accepted except for i864. NVC were saying I did not qualify for the EZ version, and having to resubmit the regular i864

Hi, was your last submission on 10/28?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
26 minutes ago, vinzer said:

That said, this is really all speculation and an attempt to understand the NVC on my end. Again, I'm also just waiting for my documents to be reviewed at this stage, and I know nothing about how the NVC operates in detail. What I will say though is for all of us to just be chill and pray for the best. I need to tell myself that, as well, since I sometimes unnecessarily give myself stress just thinking about this. We're all in it together. 😄

I agree this thread has been very helpful but it's also making a lot of us to be really stressed :D

Let's all relax and wait, keep busy these days!

1 hour ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Finally, almost all documents accepted except for i864. NVC were saying I did not qualify for the EZ version, and having to resubmit the regular i864

Sorry about that, I remember someone else in these NVC filers threads was also requested i864 even though they qualified for EZ. 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
1 hour ago, 攀弥旺 said:

Yay. When did you submit your documents?

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

39 minutes ago, bellaquang said:

Hi, was your last submission on 10/28?

No it wasn't, it was Nov 27th. (Fixed it on timeline)

6 minutes ago, wifidolly said:

Yay. When did you submit your documents?

I had to submit my documents at separate times, the aos documents on 10/25 and the iv package by 11/27

18 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I agree this thread has been very helpful but it's also making a lot of us to be really stressed :D

Let's all relax and wait, keep busy these days!

Sorry about that, I remember someone else in these NVC filers threads was also requested i864 even though they qualified for EZ. 

I thought it was odd, hopefully it doesn't take too long for the resubmission 

2 hours ago, 攀弥旺 said:

If you earn enough and only 1 beneficiary you should qualify.. 

weve used EZ also, still pending review

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.