Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I had my k1 AOS interview since February 24th 2021 and till today my case hasn’t changed when last I checked online. I have been very worried as this delay doesn’t seem normal (assuming a case was without fault). I’m freaking out and unsure of the outcome of this delay to make a decision on my case. I read uscis can deny cases without asking for RFE (that’s scary). Much more I’m freaking out cos my EAD expires in 2 months and I didn’t filed for renewal with the hope of passing my interview. I called uscis today and was told a decision hasn’t been made yet.  I don’t know what to do. Should I go ahead and apply for EAD renewal in case my AOS gets denied? Is this normal to have no case update after 2 weeks of interview?

Thanks guys. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Mekusa said:

Hi guys. I had my k1 AOS interview since February 24th 2021 and till today my case hasn’t changed when last I checked online. I have been very worried as this delay doesn’t seem normal (assuming a case was without fault). I’m freaking out and unsure of the outcome of this delay to make a decision on my case. I read uscis can deny cases without asking for RFE (that’s scary). Much more I’m freaking out cos my EAD expires in 2 months and I didn’t filed for renewal with the hope of passing my interview. I called uscis today and was told a decision hasn’t been made yet.  I don’t know what to do. Should I go ahead and apply for EAD renewal in case my AOS gets denied? Is this normal to have no case update after 2 weeks of interview?

Thanks guys. 

They technically have 120 days to give a decision. Go ahead and file to renew your EAD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
On 3/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, Mekusa said:

Hi guys. I had my k1 AOS interview since February 24th 2021 and till today my case hasn’t changed when last I checked online. I have been very worried as this delay doesn’t seem normal (assuming a case was without fault).

This by no means an abnormal delay. You should apply for the EAD extension though.

On 3/10/2021 at 10:02 PM, Mekusa said:

Thanks guys. 

It took over a month before they processed mine after the interview, a lot of IO dont have authority to give a decision, they have to put it in a pile for a supervisor to approve. If there were no problems at the interview then i expect you`ll be approved before too long.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's been one year and one month since "Case is ready to be scheduled..." and no progress whatsoever. Filed for EAD/Travel doc extension a month ago and didn't hear from them (no I-797). In a normal scenario this wouldn't bother me, but several months ago my mother was diagnosed with stage IV cancer with brain metastases. I applied to expedite the process, but it's like hitting the wall. I sent USCIS multiple emails, but there was no response. Tried calling USCIS and this new system makes it impossible to speak to a human service agent. Can someone please recommend steps to take? Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Approved last week! :) Interview went smoothly and the officer was very professional. The officer did not outright say it was approved during the interview but implied it was, and the status after the interview immediately changed to “Card is being produced” followed by “Approved” the next day. 

Our case was transferred from DC to NJ office (Newark) after we moved last year. Not certain how much delay that added to the interview but I assume it did a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our AOS interview on Apr 22.  The original interview date was Feb 18 but because of the winter storm we had here in Texas it was cancelled. Our interview went smooth.  We were both in the office with our daughter.  The interviewer asked us the normal questions which was basically on our application.  I gave her some additional documents.  She basically gave us the green light at the end of the interview but said she is not the approving authority.  The next day our status changed to "new card being produced" and today on 29 Apr my wife received her Permanent Resident card.  It expires in 2 years.  I was reading what need to be done to lift the conditions.  I will be doing that by next year.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

On 3/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, Sweetdreaming said:

It took over a month before they processed mine after the interview, a lot of IO dont have authority to give a decision, they have to put it in a pile for a supervisor to approve. If there were no problems at the interview then i expect you`ll be approved before too long.

Nope. Nothing has changed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My case is finally approved and they mailed it on May 3rd !! Ahh im so relieved since its been months of nothing. I wish the best luck to you guys that are still patiently waiting! ☺️

On 4/29/2021 at 5:26 PM, Jay Jones said:

I was reading what need to be done to lift the conditions.  I will be doing that by next year.

keep in mind you can only file to lift conditions 90 days or less before the 2 years is up on the conditional green card.

Edited by Sweetdreaming

On 5/4/2021 at 2:22 AM, Amber and Shawn said:

My case is finally approved and they mailed it on May 3rd !! Ahh im so relieved since its been months of nothing. I wish the best luck to you guys that are still patiently waiting! ☺️

Any ideas why it took so long? Did you have any issues or RFE after your interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mekusa said:

Any ideas why it took so long? Did you have any issues or RFE after your interview?

Nope there were no issues, no RFE we just didnt get any updates whatsoever which was nervewrecking since most people get theirs the next day or within a week. But it did eventually updated and it all went good! I hope yours does too :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

hello, dear December CO-Filers 

I hope that you are all good and have gotten your appointments and that they went well.

I got mine on Dec 17th, my green card got home on Dec 24th.

I was told I needed to  remove limitations, do you know when am I supposed to do this?

Thank you, and have a happy 4th of July

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-01 at 4.30.52 PM.jpeg

5 minutes ago, beaubeast said:

hello, dear December CO-Filers 

I hope that you are all good and have gotten your appointments and that they went well.

I got mine on Dec 17th, my green card got home on Dec 24th.

I was told I needed to  remove limitations, do you know when am I supposed to do this?

Thank you, and have a happy 4th of July

Congrats! :)

You may file for ROC 90 days before your green card expires. Make sure to continue to gather evidence of bona fide marriage until then. You will need to submit evidence since the date of your marriage. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-751instr.pdf

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.