Zoltan K

December 2019 - AOS Filers

1,449 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, AGF said:

Sent our packet today 😊 here’s to praying and hoping that everything goes smoothly for all of us ! 🙏😊🌞

Edited by Miosotty M

Hello again! I received the messages with my case number at dawn today, my priority date is December 4 on the same day that USPS reported that they received.
I am applying with my 2 daughters (k2)

On 12/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Jay Jones said:

Thank you

Jay have you filed yet?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

8 hours ago, AGF said:

Sent our packet today 😊 here’s to praying and hoping that everything goes smoothly for all of us ! 🙏😊🌞

That's great you'll be fine!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just got the the text messages 12/11 around 9:30pm pst!! They received our package on Monday 12/9. Now just waiting for paper NOA1s and biometrics. 

2 hours ago, TheLedgerFiles said:

Just got the the text messages 12/11 around 9:30pm pst!! They received our package on Monday 12/9. Now just waiting for paper NOA1s and biometrics. 

Very good congratulations.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Jay have you filed yet?

No.  I plan to send everything in before Christmas.  What about yourself?

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

1 minute ago, Jay Jones said:

No.  I plan to send everything in before Christmas.  What about yourself?

Ahhh ok, yes I filed in September. Saw that you are in Dallas is why I asked

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Sarge2155 said:

Ahhh ok, yes I filed in September. Saw that you are in Dallas is why I asked

I should've filed in August.  I've just been lazy about doing it.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

17 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

I should've filed in August.  I've just been lazy about doing it.

I can understand  that 😀

Citizenship Complete!

Hi,

I just mailed our AOS package. So the question I had was that the Petitioner lives in Dallas but the Beneficiary lives in Charlotte and mailed the AOS package from Charlotte, so to which field office would our AOS package be directed to?

AOS  (I-130, I-130A, I-131, I-693, I-485, I-765) from H1B, based on Marriage to a USC:

12/11/2019 - Package mailed via USPS

12/12/2019 - Package delivered

12/23/2019 - USCIS cashed the checks. Received text notifications from USCIS with case numbers (12/12 - Case was received, 12/19/2019 - Fingerprint fee was received)

12/27/2019 - Received the 4 NOAs in the mail

12/30/2019 - Received Biometrics Appointment scheduled for 1/10/2020

12/31/2019 - Biometrics Walk-In at Dallas, TX.  I-485, I-765 : Cases were updated to show that the Fingerprints were taken

01/09/2020 - EAD/AP expedite made (refer to my timeline for more details on this)

02/06/2020 - EAD/AP Approved

02/12/2020 - Received the Combo Card

02/14/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

I-485 - Interview Scheduled at wrong state:

10/27/2020 - Received a text saying that an action was taken on my case

10/30/2020 - Received an email saying that an interview was scheduled - Case status : Testing and interview

10/30/2020 - Case status changed to 'Interview was scheduled'

11/04/2020 - Received the Interview appointment letter - scheduled in old state North Carolina for December 3rd

11/05/2020 - Called USCIS and requested to talk to Tier 2 officer - opened an SR

11/06/2020 - Received an email that the request was closed as they couldn't contact me - but they didn't

11/09/2020 - Opened another SR to talk to a Tier 2 officer

11/16/2020 - Tier 2 officer called and said that we need to interview at our home state, but I could take a chance and go to North Carolina.  So I requested to reschedule interview at Dallas, TX.

11/16/2020 - Received an email with a Referral ID and that my request was submitted to NBC

11/17/2020 - Received an email - my request to reschedule interview has been forwarded to a scheduling department

11/17/2020 - Received an email with my Case status: Testing and Interview and now it has the status - 'Request to reschedule my appointment was received'

12/31/2020 - We cancelled your interview

12/31/2020 - I-485 updated to ‘Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’

01/12/2021 - Interview was scheduled (received an email as well)

EAD/AP renewal:

11/10/2020 - Shipped EAD/AP renewal documents via USPS

11/12/2020 - USCIS received the documents

11/18/2020 - Received 2 texts with the Receipt numbers for I-765 and I-131, Case Status was - 'Case was Received and a receipt notice was emailed' for both the cases. Received no emails though

12/01/2020 - Received the 2 NOAs in mail
01/06/2021 - We are producing your new card

01/08/2021 - We produced your new card - Card was picked up by the USPS

01/13/2021 - Combo Card was delivered to me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi all!

I'm almost ready to file my AOS, but I have a question for you. My wife didn't file any taxes in 2016 because she didn't make enough money, and in the affidavit of support they asked you to provide the three most recent tax returns.

Now, we have included explanation letters and other supporting documents to prove that she didn't make enough money to file taxes, but we are trying to get a Verification of Non-filing Letter. We cannot do it online because her phone number is through a business and the IRS system is not recognising it, and we just want to send the packet as soon as possible.

My question is, do I really need to send the Verification of Non-filing Letter, or will it be enough with the following?

1. Form G-1145, signed and dated
2. Form I-485, signed and dated
3. Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for I-129F Petition, and NVC acceptance letter.
4. Copy of marriage certificate
5. Copy of birth certificate, in english.

6. Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025.
7. Copy of biographic page of passport
8. Copy of K1 Visa page

9. Form I-94
10. Payment in the amount of $1,225.00 (Personal check made payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
11. Two passport size photos with name and A# written at the back
12. Form I-864, Affidavit of Support – signed and dated by petitioner (US citizen spouse ), along with:
- Employment letter
- Six most recent pay stubs
- IRS tax transcripts from 2018

• Biographic page of passport of the petitioner
  • Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner
  • Verification of Non-Filing letter for 2016
  • Letter of acceptance for the Spanish Teaching Assistant program showing the stipend amount.
  • Translation and Affidavit of Translation for the Letter of acceptance for the Spanish Teaching Assistant program
  • Letter of explanation for Non-Filing taxes for the year 2016

Thank you so much!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
38 minutes ago, ClickityClackity said:

Hi all!

I'm almost ready to file my AOS, but I have a question for you. My wife didn't file any taxes in 2016 because she didn't make enough money, and in the affidavit of support they asked you to provide the three most recent tax returns.

Now, we have included explanation letters and other supporting documents to prove that she didn't make enough money to file taxes, but we are trying to get a Verification of Non-filing Letter. We cannot do it online because her phone number is through a business and the IRS system is not recognising it, and we just want to send the packet as soon as possible.

My question is, do I really need to send the Verification of Non-filing Letter, or will it be enough with the following?

You can try using Form 4506-T if you need a letter. you should submit it or there is a likely chance they will send RFE, also bring it to interview. you can also try calling 1-800-908-9946

Edited by Lebanese23

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

You can try using Form 4506-T if you need a letter. you should submit it or there is a likely chance they will send RFE, also bring it to interview. you can also try calling 1-800-908-9946

Why is there a high chance of an RFE if we proved that he didn't meet the monetary requirements to file taxes?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.