Jump to content
TS210

So angry. Need VJ advice on reporting this

41 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was encouraged to come here in hopes I can get helpful answers on how to report this fraud. I want to have this investigated but not sure how. I need advice. Do I contact the Embassy directly involved or NVC here? I have evidence. The person I am fuming about is a part of this VJ community and in a facebook group I am a part of, so I opted to leave out details of the country but will say its MENA (not one of the banned countries though). I believe in my heart someone at our US Embassy is being paid by a local attorney who collects a large sum of money for meetings prior to interviews. I dont have proof but its a hunch. Because she isnt very smart she has openly talked about this. They are a red flagged couple. So how in the world did he get immediate approval and the rest of us honest K1 MENA couples are still in AP for months? I'll tell you how. That meeting with that attorney Im sure made the difference. Ivefor almost 2 years Ive heard many people saying here how he knows someone at the Embassy and I never believed it, I always blew it off. So here is info on the couple:

 

- She is American not sure her religion

- She is between 48-51 (lies about her age each time but whatever) 

- She is divorced two teenage kids

- He is Arab muslim

- He is 29

- His brother is married to an American in USA and his american wife is the best friend of the petitioner. Brother int he states introduced her to his brother

(all red flags for this country so far right.....let me keep going)

- He speaks ZERO english and she speaks zero arabic and have had a translator between them from day one

- They did ketab keteb (a big no-no for k1) and hasnt openly admitted it but he himself gave it away

- His FB page shows videos of the pre-party before the ceremony and her in the ceremonial dress 

- The comments under the videos are friends and family congratulating the bride and groom

- As soon as his interview was finished, he changed his FB status to MARRIED and tagged her (thinking he is done with interview no need to hide)

- She still shows engaged on hers

 

and this guy gets approved on the spot while others who barely have but one red flag are still in AP?? !!! They congratulated him, hardly asked questions and took his passport which is not even typical anymore for K1 MENA since May of this year. 

 

The only difference, they met with this lawyer before the interview for a consult and paid a large sum of money. I thought it was for the petition but she did it herself.

 

Im not keeping quiet. What can I do BESIDE email the embassy who Im sure wont reply or do anything about it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have concrete evidence of fraud, contact USCIS. The details are at the bottom of every page on this site. 

 

Apart from the ceremony, none of the things listed is evidence of potential fraud. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JFH said:

If you have concrete evidence of fraud, contact USCIS. The details are at the bottom of every page on this site. 

 

Apart from the ceremony, none of the things listed is evidence of potential fraud. 

Ok Ill contact USCIS. I should not contact the Embassy also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration, from K1 P&P - As a more suitable forum for this discussion.~~

 

 

You could try the Embassy, but if they have someone in there that is taking money I doubt it will get very far. 

If he hasn't entered yet. You could also email proof of marriage to CBP. As he is supposed to be single when he enters.

 


Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration, from K1 P&P - As a more suitable forum for this discussion.~~

 

 

You could try the Embassy, but if they have someone in there that is taking money I doubt it will get very far. 

If he hasn't entered yet. You could also email proof of marriage to CBP. As he is supposed to be single when he enters.

 

Yes good idea. I will contact them as well. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration, from K1 P&P - As a more suitable forum for this discussion.~~

 

 

You could try the Embassy, but if they have someone in there that is taking money I doubt it will get very far. 

If he hasn't entered yet. You could also email proof of marriage to CBP. As he is supposed to be single when he enters.

 

amazing that they cant do anything since i dont have the NVC case number. its what they just told me. I know USCIS will not get to this in time. I will try dept of state and border control I guess. I would be so mad if I learn later he came here bypassing all the waiting. I hate benefit liars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI - 

AP is not solely an embassy thing. The Department State have the longer arm in it. So, your claims, whether true or false, are not very valid.

Based on what you are saying about AP, the person getting paid would be in the Department State, and not the embassy. That is a very far fetched theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TS210 said:

I was encouraged to come here in hopes I can get helpful answers on how to report this fraud. I want to have this investigated but not sure how. I need advice. Do I contact the Embassy directly involved or NVC here? I have evidence. The person I am fuming about is a part of this VJ community and in a facebook group I am a part of, so I opted to leave out details of the country but will say its MENA (not one of the banned countries though). I believe in my heart someone at our US Embassy is being paid by a local attorney who collects a large sum of money for meetings prior to interviews. I dont have proof but its a hunch. Because she isnt very smart she has openly talked about this. They are a red flagged couple. So how in the world did he get immediate approval and the rest of us honest K1 MENA couples are still in AP for months? I'll tell you how. That meeting with that attorney Im sure made the difference. Ivefor almost 2 years Ive heard many people saying here how he knows someone at the Embassy and I never believed it, I always blew it off. So here is info on the couple:

 

So what is it do you have proof or not?

 

I mean do you know their case good enough to say they didn't have a solid strong case?

 

This will be very hard for you to prove unless you have solid evidence without a he said she said thing from others.


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It happens:

 

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/former-us-consulate-official-sentenced-64-months-prison-receiving-over-3-million-bribes

 

Follow lemonslice's advice. Every government agency has an OIG (Office of Inspector General) or equivalent. I know complaints to our agency's OIG are taken seriously.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would contact the embassy

they have a list of legally paid employees

if this person is not on the list,  someone is getting paid under the table

and although it is common practice for many countries (like ours Morocco),  it is not legal in a US embassy

 

i was particually upset myself when a woman from Fes (husband an English teacher in the US ) got the ds 5535 in December 2018 and still waits to hear

Fes being known for the biggest terrorist raid in Morocco in 2017

 

and the embassy approved a K1 (man) from the area where the 2 European women were beheaded (right after it happened)

 

some denials and approvals don't make sense to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

So what is it do you have proof or not?

 

I mean do you know their case good enough to say they didn't have a solid strong case?

 

This will be very hard for you to prove unless you have solid evidence without a he said she said thing from others.

Of course I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deagle said:

FYI - 

AP is not solely an embassy thing. The Department State have the longer arm in it. So, your claims, whether true or false, are not very valid.

Based on what you are saying about AP, the person getting paid would be in the Department State, and not the embassy. That is a very far fetched theory.

I understand what you are saying. Every single one of male beneficiaries since May 2019 have gone into AP following the interview and each and every single one of us have had to answer 10 questions which we know gets sent to Dept of State. How is it that he didnt? Because of this I am questioning the interviewer himself/herself and have taken the advice of another poster and contacted office of inspector general and dept of state. 

2 hours ago, Georgia16 said:

So what is it do you have proof or not?

 

I mean do you know their case good enough to say they didn't have a solid strong case?

 

This will be very hard for you to prove unless you have solid evidence without a he said she said thing from others.

did you read my original post? Have you counted the red flags? Have another look over. this particular mena country throws you in AP if you so much misspell a word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...