CaliNY

OCTOBER 2019 AOS Filers

2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who have already received their interview notice in the mail, how many days after your status changed to "interview was scheduled" did you get it? I know there is really no exact science behind the mailing time but just wanna get an estimate. Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My case has been updated yesterday for "Interview is ready to be scheduled", it just sucks that the I-485 is moving faster than the I-765, those who got their I-765 approved, what was the average time for you guys?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Matheus said:

My case has been updated yesterday for "Interview is ready to be scheduled", it just sucks that the I-485 is moving faster than the I-765, those who got their I-765 approved, what was the average time for you guys?

Why is that bad? Having your greencard is much more valuable than the I-765/I-131 combo card. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Damonlee said:

Why is that bad? Having your greencard is much more valuable than the I-765/I-131 combo card. 

I never said it was bad, but I don't know when the interview is actually going to be scheduled, getting the right to work is way more important right now, living on a single income isn't nice or easy at all.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Matheus said:

I never said it was bad, but I don't know when the interview is actually going to be scheduled, getting the right to work is way more important right now, living on a single income isn't nice or easy at all.

No worries - Totally understand. Being on a single income and living off savings is tough, and not a long term solution lol. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the workforce. 

1 hour ago, SL525 said:

date filed: 10/10/2019

noa: 10/14/2019

biometrics: 11/22/2019

interview ready to be scheduled: 12/26/2019

interview was scheduled: 1/9/2020

i live in nyc. no updates on i-765/131 yet. hope this helps!

wow!  this is crazy fast for NYC. congrats

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
23 hours ago, oflyingbunnyo said:

You can file for a tax extension which allows you to file your taxes until October, that I know for a fact. 

What I don't know though is how would one do it if you are married filing jointly (which is what I assume most will do) so I'd assume that either the extension applies for the both of you or he just files his taxes separate. The whole financial aspect of this journey is a very confusing and untaught one so your best bet is Sir Google :)  

When filing taxes, do you file married filing jointly, even if your spouse has no income to report? I have a SSN for my husband but he has not yet begun working. 

K1                                                                                 AOS

10/11/2018: I-129F mailed                                     11/5/19: Package mailed

10/15/2018: I-129F delivered                                 11/7/19: Package delivered

10/19/2018: Text confirmation                              11/14/19: NOA1   

10/18/2018:  NOA1 date on hardcopy                  12/9/19: Biometrics  

10/25/2018:  NOA1 hardcopy in mail                     01/13/20: RFIE received

03/22/19:  NOA2 date on hardcopy                        01/17/20: RFIE response received by USCIS

05/30/19:  Received Packet                                     01/31/20: Case Is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

07/16/19:  Interview (approved)

07/18/19:  Visa in hand  :joy:

08/26/19:  Arrives in US  :luv:

09/26/19: Married 🤵🏾👰🏾

On 1/8/2020 at 8:37 PM, ra0010 said:

Hi! I got my biometrics on 12/9 and my status still shows "fingerprints were taken"... Anybody else stuck there?

Hey I’ve seen you also in another forum, in ***removed*** and you’re good! Usually people get updates on their status from 4 days before a month of their biometrics or 4-5 days after (business days) so you are actually just on time, the problem is you got your biometrics later that’s why you see people moving forward and not you, but pretty sure you will get an update sometime within next week! I am also constantly checking and I cant wait to get an update but i have not choice but to wait! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
39 minutes ago, KarlaNMike said:

Hey I’ve seen you also in another forum, in ***removed*** and you’re good! Usually people get updates on their status from 4 days before a month of their biometrics or 4-5 days after (business days) so you are actually just on time, the problem is you got your biometrics later that’s why you see people moving forward and not you, but pretty sure you will get an update sometime within next week! I am also constantly checking and I cant wait to get an update but i have not choice but to wait! 

Hey Karla! The problem with my application was that it took me a month to receive the first NOAs, so that delayed the biometrics. I sent my paperwork on 10/17 (also my PD) and I didn't get notices until November 19th or so... And the biometrics was done on 12/9, so you're right: my biometrics were kind of late with reference to my PD. I also think I am going to get an update some time next week, but who knows...? Thanks for your words!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, CaliNY said:

When filing taxes, do you file married filing jointly, even if your spouse has no income to report? I have a SSN for my husband but he has not yet begun working. 

You can, and it's usually best to do so. In most cases, married filing jointly produces the lowest liability (aka the biggest refund or owing the least amount), but it's not always the case.

It's also legal to file married filing separately or in some more rare cases, as head of household; the important thing is that you can't file as single for the 2019 tax year if you were married on Dec 31, 2019.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

4 hours ago, CaliNY said:

the standard deduction almost doubles (assuming you have a fairly uncomplicated tax situation), so it reduced your taxable income substantially, and depending on your deductions throughout the year, may increase the amount of your potential refund

9 hours ago, Damonlee said:

No worries - Totally understand. Being on a single income and living off savings is tough, and not a long term solution lol. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the workforce. 

I just took a temporary part time job in the interim to help with the extra expenses while my wife waited, it wasnt really much of a hardship. I am not sure why more people haven't done this to be honest. even something like doing uber or doordash or something where you can schedule around your day job

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm actually a 2019 AOS October filer instead of September but my case has been updated Jan 10 to interview ready to be scheduled.Houston...... 

4 hours ago, Khufu61 said:

I'm actually a 2019 AOS October filer instead of September but my case has been updated Jan 10 to interview ready to be scheduled.Houston...... 

hello, 

you mentioned in a previous post that you had an RFE for the affidavit while your income was well above what was needed. I was wondering what you ended up responding to the RFIE ? The documents you ended up sending.. If you don’t mind sharing this info 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.