Nevad@

Grounds for expedited spouse visa

17 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nevad@ said:

Anyone knows in which cases can the spouse visa process be expedited? I know of one: due to financial circumstances of the USC. 

Actually, the grounds for sever financial issues with the USC can work against you. One of the main requirements for petitioning people is for the petitioner (US citizen) must show that they make enough to support the immigrant. There is minimal salary guidelines and affidavits of support the US must sign. As well as send in evidence of employment and previous years tax returns.

Also, there is no guarantee that the immigrant will be able to work immediately when they arrive in the US.

You can see how a claim of finance usually doesn't work.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

8 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Actually, the grounds for sever financial issues with the USC can work against you. One of the main requirements for petitioning people is for the petitioner (US citizen) must show that they make enough to support the immigrant. There is minimal salary guidelines and affidavits of support the US must sign. As well as send in evidence of employment and previous years tax returns.

Also, there is no guarantee that the immigrant will be able to work immediately when they arrive in the US.

You can see how a claim of finance usually doesn't work.

Thank you Unlockable, this seems logical to me. I heard there is other ways to expedite- such as the spouse being in the military or humanitarian reasons. Do you know what are the details for this? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe if the USC spouse is terminally ill, it could be grounds for an expedite.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Nevad@ said:

Thank you Unlockable, this seems logical to me. I heard there is other ways to expedite- such as the spouse being in the military or humanitarian reasons. Do you know what are the details for this? 

Yes, there are other ways. But they must be legit reason. Expedite shopping is not going to cut it. For example, if it is a medical emergency, documents from the hospital is required to be sent in as evidence of the expedite.

There is no expedite for a person being in the military. There is some form of expedite if that military person is being deployed. And, again, documents of that will need to be sent in.

Humanitarian reason is accepted, but yet again, documents or evidence must be sent in.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Nevad@ said:

Tell us your actual reason you think an expedite is justified in your case.  We'll tell you the chances of it working.  We're not here to assist you in contriving something to cut the line.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

15 hours ago, Nevad@ said:

Sounds like you're desperate to come up with an expedite reason......

This is a forum where people can post their questions they think are worth addressing, and you all as users can either ignore or help. But some chose to be bitter. This is not helping neither me nor you or anybody else who is browsing. 

Everyone who is waiting wants to shorten the time and get things done quicker, there is nothing wrong with that. I can't understand your passive aggressiveness. Unless you have gone through the long process and instead of giving someone a hand or point at the right direction, you chose to be doing this so that everyone else 'suffers' the same way.

No, I am not desperate, this is exactly why I will stop posting on this forum.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Sounds like you're desperate to come up with an expedite reason......

Don't say desperate.. wrong word!!

If people think they have a valid reason, why he or she should be desperate?

3 minutes ago, Nevad@ said:

Unless you have gone through the long process and instead of giving someone a hand or point at the right direction, you chose to be doing this so that everyone else 'suffers' the same way.

I've been through a few immigration processes, as has nearly everybody on this website. Some several times.

Searching for a reason for expedite will not be fruitful. Have a reason then determine if you believe it qualifies.

Nobody wants the process to go so slowly, but it is what it is. People are not posting because they want you to wait longer than necessary.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nevad@ said:

This is a forum where people can post their questions they think are worth addressing, and you all as users can either ignore or help. But some chose to be bitter. This is not helping neither me nor you or anybody else who is browsing. 

Everyone who is waiting wants to shorten the time and get things done quicker, there is nothing wrong with that. I can't understand your passive aggressiveness. Unless you have gone through the long process and instead of giving someone a hand or point at the right direction, you chose to be doing this so that everyone else 'suffers' the same way.

I agree people are bitter!

Desperate is such a wrong word.

Don't stop posting, friend.  We are here to help you. 

I feel you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

Don't say desperate.. wrong word!!

If people think they have a valid reason, why he or she should be desperate?

If he believes he had a valid reason, wouldn’t he just try expediting his case instead of asking for valid reasons to expedite? 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nevad@ said:

We’ve all gone through the long process.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-make-expedite-request

Here you go.  Have at it.  You’re a K1 right?     Better yet you’re the one who wants a K1 (and) an overseas honeymoon.  Post to expedite AP in 3....2....1...?  That won’t happen either.

You’re wasting your, and our, time here unless you want to know, understand, and follow the laws and rules.  

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Saci Singh said:

I agree people are bitter!

Desperate is such a wrong word.

Don't stop posting, friend.  We are here to help you. 

I feel you.

Bitter?  LOL  

Every 3-5 days for 13 years someone drops by for advice on how to game, bypass, or shortcut.

They all sound alike.  

I see a future of a spousal visa case, with a long stay at the Nebraska Service Center for this individual 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.