30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

spouse i-130.

my wife is a petitioner.we got married in Philippines 2018 i am from Pakistan i went to Philippines to get married  .my wife is US citizen.she already applied for spouse i 130 petition and after 12 days she received form 797c . now its been more than 3 months they did not response yet . there is alot of frustrations and questions in my mind so any one can help me please .....i will look forward for the answers.

living in rawalpindi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

spouse i-130.

my wife is a petitioner.we got married in Philippines 2018 i am from Pakistan i went to Philippines to get married  .my wife is US citizen.she already applied for spouse i 130 petition and after 12 days she received form 797c . now its been more than 3 months they did not response yet . there is alot of frustrations and questions in my mind so any one can help me please .....i will look forward for the answers.

living in rawalpindi

This is a long process. Depending on the Service Center that is processing the I 130, the approval of the I130 can take 7 to 12 months .. you then have the NVC phase where you submit all the beneficiary documentation , the interview and an unspecified period after the interview of AP.. administrative processing. Use this time to read thoroughly all the USCIS information regarding the process, do the same with the vj guides, ask specific questions do people are best able to  assists you. Make sure your timeline is complete and up to date as many answers to often asked questions are very specific to country , Consulate etc and the unique details of your situation 

33 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

spouse i-130.

living in rawalpindi

You're about one year or more from interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vaqar Malik said:

spouse i-130.

living in rawalpindi

As reported by other Visa Journey members the average time from the first I-797 to the interview is 433 days....after the interview, there is a possibility of additional administrative processing time........immigration requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money......

image.png.b875821e438f49728155b4cbe97b334f.png

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

okay let me know if expedite will help in fasting the process ?

my wife is not working over there in USA so it will make any problem in visa or process ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

attorney can help us in fasting the process ? 

No.  An attorney can not speed up the process.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

my wife is not working over there in USA so it will make any problem in visa or process ?

There's no shortcuts in the immigration process. Time and patience is the key to things. If you're reason to expedite doesn't fall in the requirements it will be denied. 

Why don't you have your wife create an account and she can ask questions. 

Getting an attorney wouldn't speed anything up. The lack of employment will create additional hurdles later in the process. 

Just have a mindset of waiting. Waiting and waiting. Communicate with your wife get to know each other because constant communication is needed. If you focus your conversations on immigration you will probably cause arguments, there's no speeding anything up. 

Remember you're going to waiiiitt a lot. like all of us have, but some might have waited longer, some waited shorter, but have the mindset of waiting the longest and just read and read everything you can on all the threads here. 

Just to repeat.. there's no shortcuts. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

She will need a joint sponsor to get you there since there is an income/tax requirement at the NVS stage. 

Filing for a I-129f - K3 *may* make getting the I-130 approved slightly faster. 

Having a lawyer isn’t really going to expedite the process as far as I know. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Vaqar Malik said:

No visible means of support makes the process more difficult 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.