33 posts in this topic

Do I have to smile and keep eye contacts in my widow visa interview or should I just be myself👉 ( grieving cuz im still sad and shocked, and i may have my panic attacks in the interview day)?!

Its hard for me to fake smiling while answering sad questions about my late husband cuz these questions will bring up past memories!!!! 

I am also worried that if my facial expression seems too serious or kind of sad to the interviewer, it may lead them to have negative judgments about me if i do not keep smiling at them!!!!😟 

I am actually worried i may end up crying in my interview day if they asked how he died or if they asked some questions of why im here as a refugee and why my home country isnt safe to me?!!! .....etc. And because iam having a panic attacks after all i went through since last year so its possible i cry in my interview day !!!!!  Cuz i cried in my asylum interview day here in the Netherlands😟.

Please help me figuring out how to handle the interview day as a refugee widow with a panic attacks diagnosis.

Thanks in Advance,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Do I have to smile and keep eye contacts in my widow visa interview or should I just be myself👉 ( grieving cuz im still sad and shocked, and i may have my panic attacks in the interview day)?!

Its hard for me to fake smiling while answering sad questions about my late husband cuz these questions will bring up past memories!!!! 

I am also worried that if my facial expression seems too serious or kind of sad to the interviewer, it may lead them to have negative judgments about me if i do not keep smiling at them!!!!😟 

I am actually worried i may end up crying in my interview day if they asked how he died or if they asked some questions of why im here as a refugee and why my home country isnt safe to me?!!! .....etc. And because iam having a panic attacks after all i went through since last year so its possible i cry in my interview day !!!!!  Cuz i cried in my asylum interview day here in the Netherlands😟.

Please help me figuring out how to handle the interview day as a refugee widow with a panic attacks diagnosis.

Thanks in Advance,

Hey finally your interview is around the corner. Regarding your question, I will say act normally and behave naturally. 90% of cases there have been adjudicated even before you reach the window for your interview. So be calm, no panicking, they're not gonna scream at you or intimidate you, stay focused, talk audibly and answer the questions in a straight forward manner, it's ok to cry if your emotions get high, but remember there will be other people waiting in line after you to get their own visa too. Walk in that embassy with the notion that you are going to get a pass in order to have a better life for yourself and your baby and do not forget to update us once you are done. Good luck.

Edited by mniceguy16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Thanks in Advance,

Hey finally your interview is around the corner. Regarding your question, I will say act normally and behave naturally. 90% of cases there have been adjudicated even before you reach the window for your interview. So be calm, no panicking, they're not gonna scream at you or intimidate you, stay focused, talk audibly and answer the questions in a straight forward manner, it's ok to cry if your emotions get high, but remember there would be other people waiting in line after you to get their own visa too. Walk in that embassy with the notion that you are going to get a pass in order to have a better life for yourself and your baby and do not forget to update us once you are done. Good luck.

44 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Hey finally your interview is around the corner. Regarding your question, I will say act normally and behave naturally. 90% of cases there have been adjudicated even before you reach the window for your interview. So be calm, no panicking, they're not gonna scream at you or intimidate you, stay focused, talk audibly and answer the questions in a straight forward manner, it's ok to cry if your emotions get high, but remember there will be other people waiting in line after you to get their own visa too. Walk in that embassy with the notion that you are going to get a pass in order to have a better life for yourself and your baby and do not forget to update us once you are done. Good luck.

Yes finally. Im still waiting for my case to be closed. I dont have my original birth certificate, neither a certified copy of it. but I have a copy of it. I dont even have the ( Tabiya), BC replacement. But I have my original national ID with me. So my lawyer made a declare why i cant return to SA to get my original BC from my brother and to ask the NVC to accept my National ID as a replacement. My lawyer submitted a waiver request for my original BC and the saudi police certificate. So we dont know if NVC will ask us for more supporting documents or if NVC will send us waiver forms to fill them out and submit them again and then we wait for extra 2 to 3 weeks for the waivers to be approved. Its such a complicated process.

My lawyer will call NVC next week to request an expedite. I hope it works out because my child is a US citizen who lives in a regugee camp ( I am serious its not a safe place for kids to he there for so long) for so many reasons. First, it affected her language development. She is loosing her identity she speaks too many languages in one sentence, she is becoming so violent. And she gets bullied by other more violent children. She learned from other kids to beat anyone infront  of her. And we also mentioned an incident that happned twice in this refugee camp, there is a child rapist man who sexually harrassed a 3 years old child but he is still in the refugee camp. Im worried about my child to be around rapists. He last week broke a window of a single mother, her room is closed to my room. I have a pic of that broken window and a video of the police and the fight that happened last week. Me and my child became so socially isolated just to stay away from troubles. Also being socially isolated is not good for my child. She needs to be communicated with other kids, but good kids and good and safe ppl.  Do you think this is a good reason to expedite the request?!

Edited by Ajk3visa

There is no requirement to entertain your interviewing officer so just be kind.

Already worrying that you will have a panic attack will not help and neither will crying during the interview so just be calm. For the interviewing officer you will just be like any other case. Keep your answers real and to the point.

Good luck!

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

6 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Yes finally. Im still waiting for my case to be closed. I dont have my original birth certificate, neither a certified copy of it. but I have a copy of it. I dont even have the ( Tabiya), BC replacement. But I have my original national ID with me. So my lawyer made a declare why i cant return to SA to get my original BC from my brother and to ask the NVC to accept my National ID as a replacement. My lawyer submitted a waiver request for my original BC and the saudi police certificate. So we dont know if NVC will ask us for more supporting documents or if NVC will send us waiver forms to fill them out and submit them again and then we wait for extra 2 to 3 weeks for the waivers to be approved. Its such a complicated process.

My lawyer will call NVC next week to request an expedite. I hope it works out because my child is a US citizen who lives in a regugee camp ( I am serious its not a safe place for kids to he there for so long) for so many reasons. First, it affected her language development. She is loosing her identity she speaks too many languages in one sentence, she is becoming so violent. And she gets bullied by other more violent children. She learned from other kids to beat anyone infront  of her. And we also mentioned an incident that happned twice in this refugee camp, there is a child rapist man who sexually harrassed a 3 years old child but he is still in the refugee camp. Im worried about my child to be around rapists. He last week broke a window of a single mother, her room is closed to my room. I have a pic of that broken window and a video of the police and the fight that happened last week. Me and my child became so socially isolated just to stay away from troubles. Also being socially isolated is not good for my child. She needs to be communicated with other kids, but good kids and good and safe ppl.  Do you think this is a good reason to expedite the request?!

Is this a different child from the one that you thought you had to bring to the interview with you? Are you in a AZC here in the Netherlands? Just to get an idea about the refugee camp you are referring to..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

2 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

There is no requirement to entertain your interviewing officer so just be kind.

Already worrying that you will have a panic attack will not help and neither will crying during the interview so just be calm. For the interviewing officer you will just be like any other case. Keep your answers real and to the point.

Good luck!

I am worried cuz i read online that i need to wear suits and normal colors, no perfume, light make up , smiling all the times, eye contacts only toward the officer,  and to have good body languge, and so many strict requirements like im going to a job interview. So it put me on pressure and it made me feel like the officers will judge me on my appearance, and my body language. And some ppl said, if the officer doesnt like you, they will not hive you the visa😨. I am not in a mood to pay attention on my appearance.  I barely wake up in the morning and have my cup of coffee to light up my mood.  

4 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

Is this a different child from the one that you thought you had to bring to the interview with you? Are you in a AZC here in the Netherlands? Just to get an idea about the refugee camp you are referring to..

Yes i have only one child. Yes she is the same. Yes im in AZC. There are so many AZCs in each city of Netherlands. Now im in Hardenberg AZC, the worst one.  This is my fifth camp. They always transfer us from camp to camp. Its not even good for a child to be always transferred. And not having a settled life. Me and her just need to settle down and have normal family life so she can have a stable child memory when she grows up. 

1 minute ago, Ajk3visa said:

I am worried cuz i read online that i need to wear suits and normal colors, no perfume, light make up , smiling all the times, eye contacts only toward the officer,  and to have good body languge, and so many strict requirements like im going to a job interview. So it put me on pressure and it made me feel like the officers will judge me on my appearance, and my body language. And some ppl said, if the officer doesnt like you, they will not hive you the visa😨. I am not in a mood to pay attention on my appearance.  I barely wake up in the morning and have my cup of coffee to light up my mood.  

Where did you read that? Surely not on the AMS consulate's website.. Just wear what you feel comfortable in, as long as it is clean and in 1 piece you should be fine..

If you would get judged on body language (which could happen) it would be if you were coming across as somebody that is not telling the truth. The interview is very straight forward so just answer in a straight forward manner and don't overdo it with information that will not be relevant for your visa interview.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

2 minutes ago, Ajk3visa said:

Yes i have only one child. Yes she is the same. Yes im in AZC. There are so many AZCs in each city of Netherlands. Now im in Hardenberg AZC, the worst one.  This is my fifth camp. They always transfer us from camp to camp. Its not even good for a child to be always transferred. And not having a settled life. Me and her just need to settle down and have normal family life so she can have a stable child memory when she grows up. 

well, what can I say.. As you know, a lot of refugees come to the NL which is a very small and already very crowded country so we are doing our best! 🤐

“It’s been 84 years…” 

1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

The IO can sense anything that is fake and will judge against you. 

Aww. Even if im faking my smile for them lol?! Well i hope i will be in a good mood and stress free that day so my smile comes naturally. 

9 minutes ago, Daphne K said:

well, what can I say.. As you know, a lot of refugees come to the NL which is a very small and already very crowded country so we are doing our best! 🤐

Yes i know the stuff here are so good and they are doing their best.  But the problem is with some weird crazy refugees. I think some of them came here just to have sexual freedom lol. Belive me most of them they misunderstand the meaning of freedom they think freedom means doing everything without limits 😕!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.