33 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ajk3visa said:

You mean if i have more family in shoul Should i tell them i plan to live with my mother in law, my daughter grandmother?! Or should i tell them i will live in my own place but near my child grandmother, uncles and cousins?! What is the best answer they prefer?! Is it ok to tell them im gonna live at my friend's ( she is a nurse like me and she is ready to help me staying with her till i start working. She and her family are almost like a family to me i know her since 2011)  then i move to my owm place omce i get a jon.

This is the part that worries me about your views..

You seem very contioned to want to answer the questions in a way that will make them approve your visa and this is the wrong way around! Give them truthful answers, and based on your truthful explanation, you will either be approved or denied. Also keep in mind that while you are doing the interview you are under oath (meaning that lying or misrepresenting your situation means perjury!!). I don't want to add to your stress but I just want to make sure that you understand that you need to tell them the truth. Even is this would mean that you have not decided where you are going to live for instance.

As stated before, answer truthfully and to the point. Don't add or derail from the questions that will not be of importance to the visa interview. If the Interviewing Officer wants to know something, they will ask.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

1 hour ago, Daphne K said:

This is the part that worries me about your views..

You seem very contioned to want to answer the questions in a way that will make them approve your visa and this is the wrong way around! Give them truthful answers, and based on your truthful explanation, you will either be approved or denied. Also keep in mind that while you are doing the interview you are under oath (meaning that lying or misrepresenting your situation means perjury!!). I don't want to add to your stress but I just want to make sure that you understand that you need to tell them the truth. Even is this would mean that you have not decided where you are going to live for instance.

As stated before, answer truthfully and to the point. Don't add or derail from the questions that will not be of importance to the visa interview. If the Interviewing Officer wants to know something, they will ask.

Yes ofcurse I'm gonna tell them the truth and i will try not to tell more details until im asked. But i thought they will ask for the reason im going to live in a specific address.  If they dont ask why you want to live there, i will for sure not answer. Maybe im a lil bit confused cuz at my asylum interview, i had to tell as much details as i can and now my mind is still set with answering as much details as i want. But i will do my best not to talk too much with the interviewer until they asked me to. 

Thanks a lot for reminding me. I need to ne careful in not giving unnecessary  details.

The people behind the counter are just that, people. They will fully understand why certain questions may invoke an emotional response and I'm assuming that, just like other people, they don't like it when they feel someone is trying to fake something or lie to them. Answer the question asked (no need to give a bunch of info they did not ask for) be honest and be yourself. It's going to be awkward enough as it is not in a private setting and they know that.

Worse thing you can ever do is trying to fake yourself through the interview, they are trained to look for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.