Jump to content
Summerbrezz07

Meeting in person

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I’m looking for some  opinions..... I am well aware of the requirement of having met each other within two years of filing the  petition.  I went to visit my fiancé in October 2018, and we will be filing our petition within the next few months. But since it’s approaching a year since we have Physically seen each other and  although  we have plenty of proof to provide , I  was wondering if it would be a good idea to try and have another visit before we actually file the I-129 F.  Any comments and/or experiences would be appreciated .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Summerbrezz07 said:

I’m looking for some  opinions..... I am well aware of the requirement of having met each other within two years of filing the  petition.  I went to visit my fiancé in October 2018, and we will be filing our petition within the next few months. But since it’s approaching a year since we have Physically seen each other and  although  we have plenty of proof to provide , I  was wondering if it would be a good idea to try and have another visit before we actually file the I-129 F.  Any comments and/or experiences would be appreciated .

 

 

Yes it would. Time spent together .. number of visits and length of visits .. is one of the best evidences a couple can have. For some countries it is more important than others. Plus .. if you’re planning to marry , then wouldn’t you want to see each other as often as possible ? Doesn’t need to be before you submit the  I129f .. it can be between submitting it and the interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Additional visits are not required, but more time together is always better for the relationship as well as immigration....good luck.


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the petition, that's secondary.  It would be good for the relationship to spend more time together.  Spending a few days with somebody one time isn't enough to know if you should marry that person IMO.  Every extra day is exponentially more beneficial for the relationship.

 

Look for red flags.  And when you see them, don't dismiss them or excuse them.  Does he/she hide their phone messages from you?  Do they need "privacy" to take calls or meetings?  Have they introduced you to family/friends/coworkers?  Do they ask for money?  (Personally, if somebody would depend on me to survive or support, I'd cut and run.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Yes it would. Time spent together .. number of visits and length of visits .. is one of the best evidences a couple can have. For some countries it is more important than others. Plus .. if you’re planning to marry , then wouldn’t you want to see each other as often as possible ? Doesn’t need to be before you submit the  I129f .. it can be between submitting it and the interview 

Yes 

 

22 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

Yes it would. Time spent together .. number of visits and length of visits .. is one of the best evidences a couple can have. For some countries it is more important than others. Plus .. if you’re planning to marry , then wouldn’t you want to see each other as often as possible ? Doesn’t need to be before you submit the  I129f .. it can be between submitting it and the interview 

@Lil bear thanks for insight , I do agree the more time spent together is definitely a good thing and it’s difficult being apart for so many months .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd recommend asking in the India subforum , but my impression is that Mumbai is at the very least, not among the easier consulates.


K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: TBD
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

Forget the petition, that's secondary.  It would be good for the relationship to spend more time together.  Spending a few days with somebody one time isn't enough to know if you should marry that person IMO.  Every extra day is exponentially more beneficial for the relationship.

 

Look for red flags.  And when you see them, don't dismiss them or excuse them.  Does he/she hide their phone messages from you?  Do they need "privacy" to take calls or meetings?  Have they introduced you to family/friends/coworkers?  Do they ask for money?  (Personally, if somebody would depend on me to survive or support, I'd cut and run.)

 

29 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

Forget the petition, that's secondary.  It would be good for the relationship to spend more time together.  Spending a few days with somebody one time isn't enough to know if you should marry that person IMO.  Every extra day is exponentially more beneficial for the relationship.

 

Look for red flags.  And when you see them, don't dismiss them or excuse them.  Does he/she hide their phone messages from you?  Do they need "privacy" to take calls or meetings?  Have they introduced you to family/friends/coworkers?  Do they ask for money?  (Personally, if somebody would depend on me to survive or support, I'd cut and run.)

As for red flags , when I was to visit for the first time I can say there were no concerns what so ever . We enjoyed our time spent together and nothing was hidden from each other. Family and friends are well aware of our relationship, but I can also appreciate your input 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I'd recommend asking in the India subforum , but my impression is that Mumbai is at the very least, not among the easier consulates.

 

5 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I'd recommend asking in the India subforum , but my impression is that Mumbai is at the very least, not among the easier consulates.

Any insight as to why you feel that way about the consultation in Mumbai?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Summerbrezz07 said:

 

Any insight as to why you feel that way about the [consulate] in Mumbai?

I remember a non-trivial number of posters with Indian beneficiaries here who have had difficulties and ended up with extended administrative processing post-interview or a denial over the two or so years I've been here. I don't know how typical they were, just that it seemed common enough that I remember it.


K-1                             AOS
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: TBD
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I remember a non-trivial number of posters with Indian beneficiaries here who have had difficulties and ended up with extended administrative processing post-interview or a denial over the two or so years I've been here. I don't know how typical they were, just that it seemed common enough that I remember it.

Thanks ...any info I can receive concerning the process is always helpful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mumbai has been becoming increasing more strict with relationships and public charge issues lately. AP for a couple months after interview isn't uncommon either. Here's a thread to look through if you're interested.

 


Timelines:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago

9/27/17: received by USCIS

10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received

10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received

10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update)

1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed

1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received

1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice

10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice

10/25/18: Formal approval

10/31/18: Green card received

 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/17: sent

12/14/17: NOA1 hard copy received

3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification)

3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved!

3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

 

NVC

4/6/2017: Received

4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy

4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy

4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

 

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Mumbai has been becoming increasing more strict with relationships and public charge issues lately. AP for a couple months after interview isn't uncommon either. Here's a thread to look through if you're interested.

 

Thank you....I will read through all the information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Summerbrezz07 said:

 

Any insight as to why you feel that way about the consultation in Mumbai?

There is a lot of fraud with India and the subcontinent, that;s why. You can google a series of videos where movie people visit Embassies the world over and you see the document fraud and desperation of Indians wanting to leave India.

Google: UK Border Force 2018 Episode 2. (as an example of a Western Country.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...