Summerbrezz07

Meeting in person

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Personally speaking we only had one visit and filled te I-129 and never had a problem with it. We had a lot of proof too, mostly pictures so that would be my advise. As many pictures as possible of everything you've been doing together. Never had any issue with only 4 visits during this whole process.

"some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost." 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, RJ_MA said:

Personally speaking we only had one visit and filled te I-129 and never had a problem with it. We had a lot of proof too, mostly pictures so that would be my advise. As many pictures as possible of everything you've been doing together. Never had any issue with only 4 visits during this whole process.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I actually delayed filing out K1 visa because I had an upcoming visit with my fiance and I wanted to make our case stronger. I had only met her once in person, spending about 10 days with her. While I was confident that we both loved each other and wanted to marry, I just thought it would look a lot better to USCIS if we had documentation of a second visit. We also had our engagement ceremony on the 2nd visit and got lots of pictures of that which I think helped our case. I know plenty of couples have only met once in person and were approved just fine, but I didn't wanna take the chance as I feel I tend to have bad luck with this sorta thing anyway.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

I actually delayed filing out K1 visa because I had an upcoming visit with my fiance and I wanted to make our case stronger. I had only met her once in person, spending about 10 days with her. While I was confident that we both loved each other and wanted to marry, I just thought it would look a lot better to USCIS if we had documentation of a second visit. We also had our engagement ceremony on the 2nd visit and got lots of pictures of that which I think helped our case. I know plenty of couples have only met once in person and were approved just fine, but I didn't wanna take the chance as I feel I tend to have bad luck with this sorta thing anyway.

USCIS doesn't care about the strength of your relationship or how many visits you had (as long as it was ONE within the previous two years), that determination as to bonafide is made by the consulate 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

thanks for the info.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Elif_and_Greg said:

USCIS only cares that you both met in person within 2 years of filing the I-129F.

Embassy would look at your 2nd visit as good evidence of a genuine relationship.   :)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/16/2019 at 3:56 AM, Hank_ said:

USCIS only cares that you both met in person within 2 years of filing the I-129F.

Embassy would look at your 2nd visit as good evidence of a genuine relationship.   :)  

thats true, after our first meeting we filled for l-129F, we both aren't a camera lover, so only had 3 or 4 pictures together, was approved by USCIS, now our petition is in NVC. unfortunately my fiance could not visit me again as he changed his job and he is in a probation period for 3 months. now my concern is about approval by the US Embassy in Mumbai as we have not much  to show proof for our ongoing relationship. our relationship is true and we're serious. we do video calling minimum twice a day. but we're lazy to typing text. (let me add more our relationship is known by both family members. i met his mom in India and spoke to her everyday but he didn't met mine as he came for few days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.