badhumor

Administrative Processing for more than 6 months

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had my Interview done on 12th December 2018, and the Consular officer was very friendly and nice to other people but she was very rude with me, Since my Wife is 21 year old Caucasian American born she was very suspicious about the marriage, despite providing everything we could , she rejected my brother in law ( also a Caucasian ) as my Joint sponsor , she did not let me speak properly , or let me ask any questions .. She did not even see any documents or Evidence i brought with me , she took 25 mins to conduct my interview and ask very stupid questions , later she give me piece of paper and mark 1) Joint sponsor 2) Additional Pictures 3) Chat History , which i provided in Feb 2019 , I also got a Questionnaire back in Feb for some Additional information which i sent the same day . Since than i haven't heard anything from them, every time i send an inquiry they just sent an automatically Generated Email by saying this ..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case is refused for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit,

Consular Section,

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

MAF

this is the standard email i get every time i send an online inquiry , I have no idea why its taking that long , they keep my Passport and they have it since 12th December 2018 . After some research me and my wife finds out that no one was put under AP for that long, and so we decided to do something about it, We Contacted my Wife's State Senator Lindsey Graham and explain everything to him , he say he will be responding to us soon, Also if the Senator can not do anything we are not planning to go for WOM , Writ of Mandamus .. Cause we both believe that the US embassy is been discriminatory towards us as my Wife is White Christian converted to Muslim , 21 years old , and I am 28 years old Muslim guy . 

Does anyone have been put in AP for that long ? Please share your story with me so i can have an idea how long my AP will take .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The questionnaire that you got has nothing to do with discrimination, a lot of people from high fraud countries get this. Unfortunately once you get this, AP takes a very long time. I'm pretty sure Islambad is a high fraud consulate, I've seen stories on here of people who are in AP for 1+ year. Unfortunately it's a black hole that you'll have to sit out.

Keep in mind that the embassy has to work according to certain rules, racism is absolutely prohibited.

The senator will probably not be able to do much, since this is the embassy, not a USCIS office in the States, but it's always good to give it a try! 

Also, keep in mind that WOM (not sure if you are or are not planning on this) forces the embassy to make a decision. If they did not finish their background checks etc yet there's a good chance they can't approve the application which then will end up in a denial.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, umerdec08 said:

I had my Interview done on 12th December 2018, and the Consular officer was very friendly and nice to other people but she was very rude with me, Since my Wife is 21 year old Caucasian American born she was very suspicious about the marriage, despite providing everything we could , she rejected my brother in law ( also a Caucasian ) as my Joint sponsor , she did not let me speak properly , or let me ask any questions .. She did not even see any documents or Evidence i brought with me , she took 25 mins to conduct my interview and ask very stupid questions , later she give me piece of paper and mark 1) Joint sponsor 2) Additional Pictures 3) Chat History , which i provided in Feb 2019 , I also got a Questionnaire back in Feb for some Additional information which i sent the same day . Since than i haven't heard anything from them, every time i send an inquiry they just sent an automatically Generated Email by saying this ..

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to our office.  Your immigrant visa case is refused for administrative processing, an integral part of the visa adjudication and issuance process that can neither be neither expedited nor waived. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case. 

Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience.  The visa application will be reconsidered when administrative processing is complete.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit,

Consular Section,

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

MAF

this is the standard email i get every time i send an online inquiry , I have no idea why its taking that long , they keep my Passport and they have it since 12th December 2018 . After some research me and my wife finds out that no one was put under AP for that long, and so we decided to do something about it, We Contacted my Wife's State Senator Lindsey Graham and explain everything to him , he say he will be responding to us soon, Also if the Senator can not do anything we are not planning to go for WOM , Writ of Mandamus .. Cause we both believe that the US embassy is been discriminatory towards us as my Wife is White Christian converted to Muslim , 21 years old , and I am 28 years old Muslim guy . 

Does anyone have been put in AP for that long ? Please share your story with me so i can have an idea how long my AP will take .

Most people given the questionnaire have been waiting that long or longer (some over 25 months).  You can read their stories here:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C90 said:

The questionnaire that you got has nothing to do with discrimination, a lot of people from high fraud countries get this. Unfortunately once you get this, AP takes a very long time. I'm pretty sure Islambad is a high fraud consulate, I've seen stories on here of people who are in AP for 1+ year. Unfortunately it's a black hole that you'll have to sit out.

Keep in mind that the embassy has to work according to certain rules, racism is absolutely prohibited.

The senator will probably not be able to do much, since this is the embassy, not a USCIS office in the States, but it's always good to give it a try! 

Also, keep in mind that WOM (not sure if you are or are not planning on this) forces the embassy to make a decision. If they did not finish their background checks etc yet there's a good chance they can't approve the application which then will end up in a denial.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon!

I know and understand the necessary Process and screening , I am neither against it but our claim about been Discriminated again is based on how the CO has behave during the interview . I was there in US embassy and watching people give their interview to same person, they were allowed to Ask question and share details , Documents to CO . But since i got up there ,she literally did not let me speak and didn't even bother to look at any evidence , she outright reject my Joint sponsor without even considering anything .. and than there were questions like this .

1) Why did you marry a American white girl ?

2) In Pakistan EVERYONE does Arrange marriage than why you do Love marriage ? 

3) Did your brothers have Love or Arrange Marriages ? 

4) Why do you think that you are Compatible with your partner ? 

these questions are outright Racists and discriminatory .

Timeline
20 minutes ago, umerdec08 said:

I know and understand the necessary Process and screening , I am neither against it but our claim about been Discriminated again is based on how the CO has behave during the interview . I was there in US embassy and watching people give their interview to same person, they were allowed to Ask question and share details , Documents to CO . But since i got up there ,she literally did not let me speak and didn't even bother to look at any evidence , she outright reject my Joint sponsor without even considering anything .. and than there were questions like this .

Unfortunately  the visa is issued at the discretion of the officer.  They can make up what ever rules they want and there is no "civil right" to get a visa.

A writ is an option but make sure you find a knowledgable attorney.  They all will want to take your money but be sure to find one that has experience in filing a WOM to at the embassy level not just the USCIS.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Unfortunately  the visa is issued at the discretion of the officer.  They can make up what ever rules they want and there is no "civil right" to get a visa.

A writ is an option but make sure you find a knowledgable attorney.  They all will want to take your money but be sure to find one that has experience in filing a WOM to at the embassy level not just the USCIS.

For now I am waiting for Senator's reply as he asked us to provide details of what kind of help is required and how senator can help . So I guess we have to wait until we got a reply from senator and after that we might go for WOM , my Wife is currently in Pakistan and she is refusing to go back until we got my Visa, its getting so frustrating for me , they keep my passport and there is no Phone number where you can call or ask about progress :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, umerdec08 said:

For now I am waiting for Senator's reply as he asked us to provide details of what kind of help is required and how senator can help . So I guess we have to wait until we got a reply from senator and after that we might go for WOM , my Wife is currently in Pakistan and she is refusing to go back until we got my Visa, its getting so frustrating for me , they keep my passport and there is no Phone number where you can call or ask about progress :(

Administrative Processing can be neither waived nor expedited......unfortunately.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well there are 2 types of AP and it is difficult to tell whether they are checking the validity of your marriage which would be in the hands of the Consulate or the normal security checks which would not.

On the positive side I see you are together so are in a much better position than those who are not.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Well there are 2 types of AP and it is difficult to tell whether they are checking the validity of your marriage which would be in the hands of the Consulate or the normal security checks which would not.

On the positive side I see you are together so are in a much better position than those who are not.

Well my Wife is here in Pakistan but she will be leaving soon . the weird thing is that since i got that Questionnaire in a email form , and i resend it by filling the information , i haven't got any confirmation email as well, nor i get any confirmation email or call about if they ( Isb Embassy ) receive the Documents they ask for which i send back in Feb 2019. its just my case gets updated in every 15-20 days , and some times take 1+ month . and sometimes they just update after i sent an inquiry .

Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

Administrative Processing can be neither waived nor expedited......unfortunately.....

I am not looking for any expedition or wave , its for the best that they check every details before issuing a visa . But this is torture that they don't give you a answer nor timeline about how long this AP will last .

They cannot give you what they do not have. They likely do not know themselves how long the AP will take since every case is different, even if they appear similar from the outside. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unfortunately we have seen many VJ cases of AP in Pakistan taking more than a year, sometimes 2+ years.  The bad actions of others affect those in bona fide relationships.  It is difficult for embassies to do background checks ini countries like Pakistan because they cannot get easy access to databases so it can take a very long time to check out your social media accounts, criminal records, etc.  All you can do is wait and enjoy the time with your fiancee while it lasts.  The embassy is probably very backed up so they don't have time to reply personally to every email so all you're getting are automated ones.  Hang in there and good luck!  I hope you can get this resolved soon, but it may take a very long time so patience is the key to not going crazy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
11 hours ago, umerdec08 said:

How is this racist or discriminatory? Officers usually have an opinion on Your case before the interview starts as they review each before meeting you. If they had suspicions, right of the bat, that means something is raising red flags for them.

These questions pop up, because it's DIFFERENT from what usually happens in Your culture as far as i'm concerned, that's why he was interested in these parts, rather than your relationship. 

Don't forget, visa is not a right, it's a privilege, don't like the rules, don't play the game. 

As other said, some stay in AP for YEARS until they get decision. Background checks take time, some longer than other. I was stuck on the longest ends on all processings, frustrating? Yes. Anything you can do about it? No. 

Mandamus will force Embassy to make a decision, you cannot expect an approval if your background checks aren't complete, guaranteed denial. 

All those questions are legit, normal questions and i see nothing racist or discriminatory. and yelling racist, discrimination isn't gonna help you neither here, nor in embassy, nor anywhere in life.

That's just my opinion and take it whichever way you want it. We could sugarcoat and say what you want to hear, or we can call it as i see it. With immigration, latter one is the only way to get you through. 

cheers

Edited by The_Empyrean

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.