08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lana&Ivy said:

Me too!  Mine was successfully delivered today.

Awesome! My attorney sent in our package so I don't have the tracking number to see when it's delivered lol 

06/30/19 - Wedding Day!!

07/17/19 - AOS Packet Mailed

07/19/19 - AOS Received

07/24/19 - NOA1 Date

08/16/19 - Biometric Appt.

09/25/19 - Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/16/19 - Interview was Scheduled

12/05/19 - Interview Day

❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Received notices today (attorney and our home address)

i-131 Receipt

i-485 Receipt

i-765 Receipt

My wife is now looking forward to obtain her Florida Driver License for the first time. For people interested, here are the requirements (doesn't matter the overstay/out of status) if you have:

To obtain a one (1) year temporary Driver’s License in Florida
You will need to bring the following ORIGINAL documents to the DMV:
 I-130 Receipt Notice
 I-485 Receipt Notice
 Proof of Family Relationship to U.S. Petitioner:
o Spouse: Marriage Certificate
o Child/Parent: Child’s Birth Certificate
 Proof of Citizenship for U.S. Petitioner
o Original U.S. Birth Certificate
o Original U.S. Passport
o Original Certificate of Naturalization
 Your Valid Passport (cannot be expired)
 Your I-94 Entry Document (white card given at airport or printed out from the
CBP website). I-94 can be expired.

You need all of the above documents to prove valid immigration status at the DMV.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi July filers, 

Here's my timeline so far. I will keep you updated! 

Married to: USC
Initial status: B1/B2 visa
July 2, 2019: Concurrent filing at USCIS Lockbox Facility in Chicago, IL
July 3, 2019: Priority date
July 12, 2019: Check was cashed
July 15, 2019: Received 4 notices by mail (Notice date July 10, 2019)
July 19, 2019: Received biometrics appointment letter for July 31, 2019 (Notice date July 12, 2019)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 11:18 AM, WaterLeaf said:

Thank you, I've been told by the SSA on the phone that it's in the manual verification process last week so it seem like it's all set now and wait for 1-2 more weeks and we'll see. Awesome!

That is awesome WaterLeaf...........I checked the SAVE today and got the exact same message......based on the language, seems reasonable that we'll see the SSC in a week or two.   

Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, Grant & Bri said:

Not sure if its just my computer put did anyone have issues filling out Form I-864? Wont let me type in certain spaces such as current employment information and income? Page 4 and 5. Thanks. 

Don't fill out the forms "online".   Download the form, then open it in Adobe.   You'll find it fills out easily there.....and automatically populates some of the fields.

Timeline
6 hours ago, vzk said:

 I-130 Receipt Notice
 I-485 Receipt Notice
o Original U.S. Passport

You need all of the above documents to prove valid immigration status at the DMV.

LOL !!   Holy smokes !!!    When I went to FL, I handed them an expired out of state license and BOOM.....new one in 5 minutes.   Was the easiest DMV trip ever.   I figured she'd need her DL, passport and I-94.    That is a lot of documentation. 

Info is much appreciated........can you send the link where you found that?     Will they require written or driving exams?   My 89 year old mother with an expired license was, incredibly, not required to take either a written or driving exam.   Maybe that's why car insurance costs a fortune in FL.    😄

Timeline
1 hour ago, DarkSilver said:

Well finally mailed it in...but totally forgot to include a copy of my own birth certificate //sighs loudly

For the I-864?    Passport copy also works, if you had happened to include that.   I like to limit the use of my birth cert or SSN where I can for identity theft prevention.

From I-864 Instruction:

Proof of U.S. citizen or U.S. national status includes a copy of your birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, certificate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad to U.S. citizen parents, or a copy of the biographic data page of your U.S. passport.

Timeline
On 7/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, celie&joseph said:

Use this link to find your local office :)

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Orlando......our field office is in sort of a Mickey Mouse location.    🐭

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
11 hours ago, vzk said:

Original Certificate of Naturalization

How does one get this early to pass for a DL in FL this early?

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Quick question regarding form I-864, what do we put in part 5 question 3? Do we leave it blank i looked at sample forms and they put 0, just abit confused by this.

18 hours ago, vzk said:

Received notices today (attorney and our home address)

i-131 Receipt

i-485 Receipt

i-765 Receipt

My wife is now looking forward to obtain her Florida Driver License for the first time. For people interested, here are the requirements (doesn't matter the overstay/out of status) if you have:

 I-130 Receipt Notice
 I-485 Receipt Notice
o Original U.S. Passport

Can you help me and see if this is the same for Massachusetts, cant find anything online. Thanks.

7 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

How does one get this early to pass for a DL in FL this early?

If you are getting AOS thru marriage, you must show your spouse certificate, bring originals and copies

12 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

LOL !!   Holy smokes !!!    When I went to FL, I handed them an expired out of state license and BOOM.....new one in 5 minutes.   Was the easiest DMV trip ever.   I figured she'd need her DL, passport and I-94.    That is a lot of documentation. 

Info is much appreciated........can you send the link where you found that?     Will they require written or driving exams?   My 89 year old mother with an expired license was, incredibly, not required to take either a written or driving exam.   Maybe that's why car insurance costs a fortune in FL.    😄

That's because you already passed the first time driver test. There's a test for first time drivers (is about drugs, alcohol, etc) and you may complete this online before going there to take the written and practice test. This information was provided by our lawyer. I can send you her name via PM but you will have to pay for the consultation. 

4 minutes ago, Grant & Bri said:

Can you help me and see if this is the same for Massachusetts, cant find anything online. Thanks.

Hard to know but I think must be the same. At the DMV you will get different answers depending on the knowledge of the person. Ask your lawyer about it but I believe this must be very similar.

Timeline
58 minutes ago, vzk said:

This information was provided by our lawyer. I can send you her name via PM but you will have to pay for the consultation. 

Thanks, no consult needed.   DMV is quite close to the house, so I'll swing by there when we arrive later this week.

Interestingly, found this site that more closely aligns with my experience.......ID, SSN, and two documents proving address.   I'll update soon with our actual experience.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/what-to-bring/immigrant/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.