Celie

July 2019 - AOS Filers

2,067 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 7/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, Sk87 said:

Hey, I'm looking to file this month, did you guys use the tax return papers that say H&R Block?

I guess you already have your answer on this, but I absolutely agree with Celie.  Those tax transcripts are soooo simple.   If you use copes of the 1040, you need to include all attachments and w2's.   Not so with the transcripts.  I also appreciate that they don't spell out all your personal info like SSN, name, address on the transcripts.  Super simple to retrieve them online too.  My hard copy taxes are in another state, so that is another advantage to the transcripts.....availability.  Good luck !!

Timeline

On 7/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, vzk said:

Our lawyer sent the i-485 package on July 5th 2019 with medicals, etc.

We are located in Miami. Wife is adjusting her status, family based (married to a US citizen).

Miami office is taking something between 19 and 33 months.

There is a Miami office?    I'm a Florida resident, but according this this link, we're filing through Chicago.............I-129F applicant.   I don't see Miami on this link.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

Hoping we're not on the 19-33 month schedule.   Anyone have an idea how long for combo card through Chicago?

Timeline
On 7/12/2019 at 3:56 PM, J&K 💕 said:

i'll just reprint all the forms.. thanks.. anyone used money order for their payment? I have chicago illinoi lockbox.. 

When my wife did the medical for the K-1 in Thailand, she had to use the DOS approved hospital.   However, there was no list of approved facilities for vaccines, which she completed prior to the medical.     She used the local Red Cross., and then the hospital doing her medical provided a completed DS-3025.

Timeline

I'm just curious if anyone is aware of the following SAVE site.   If so, has anyone been successful using it to determine if the information has been successfully synced in the SAVE system?   (for applying for SSN)

https://save.uscis.gov/CaseCheck/CaseCheck.aspx

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
4 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

I'm just curious if anyone is aware of the following SAVE site.   If so, has anyone been successful using it to determine if the information has been successfully synced in the SAVE system?   (for applying for SSN)

https://save.uscis.gov/CaseCheck/CaseCheck.aspx

My Husband arrived on the K1 Visa and we had been trying to get a SSN as now it seems like we're doing fine. We applied from Tennessee.

I checked the site and I see this: c2fbedfb82a64e4962418fd0dd44c6ea.png

I'm not sure what step/status is this in.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

11 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

There is a Miami office?    I'm a Florida resident, but according this this link, we're filing through Chicago.............I-129F applicant.   I don't see Miami on this link.

Hoping we're not on the 19-33 month schedule.   Anyone have an idea how long for combo card through Chicago?

Yes, Chicago. We will be working with the Miami USCIS office. Sorry my comment was kinda confusing.

Filed: Other Timeline
12 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

Use this link to find your local office :)

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Chicago is the lockbox (much like the Dallas lockbox for K1), then they go to Missouri to get distributed and processed (hence the case numbers start with MSC - Missouri Service Center), then after everything is verified AOS goes to your local office (the one from the link above) and the EAD and go/stay (since it's also in Missouri) to the National Benefits Center.

8 hours ago, WaterLeaf said:

My Husband arrived on the K1 Visa and we had been trying to get a SSN as now it seems like we're doing fine. We applied from Tennessee.

I checked the site and I see this:

I'm not sure what step/status is this in.

I checked the SAVE site also (my husband has had his SS card for a month now) and that's the status it shows, so I'm assuming this means it's already been verified by DHS and sent back to the SSA. So, if you haven't gotten your SS card yet, I'm assuming you should soon.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for creating this thread, getting married next friday in Boston so will be sending packet any day after then!! Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone! 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 minute ago, Grant & Bri said:

Thanks for creating this thread, getting married next friday in Boston so will be sending packet any day after then!! Hope everything goes smoothly for everyone! 

Congrats!! I just saw someone's profile who filed in Boston in January and they already got notice of their interview next month. I hope it goes this smoothly for all Boston filers!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
19 minutes ago, celie&joseph said:

I checked the SAVE site also (my husband has had his SS card for a month now) and that's the status it shows, so I'm assuming this means it's already been verified by DHS and sent back to the SSA. So, if you haven't gotten your SS card yet, I'm assuming you should soon.

Thank you, I've been told by the SSA on the phone that it's in the manual verification process last week so it seem like it's all set now and wait for 1-2 more weeks and we'll see. Awesome!

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

Timeline
1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

Congrats!! I just saw someone's profile who filed in Boston in January and they already got notice of their interview next month. I hope it goes this smoothly for all Boston filers!

Thank you! Yes i really hope so would love to start working towards the end of the year so fingers crossed.

Timeline

Not sure if its just my computer put did anyone have issues filling out Form I-864? Wont let me type in certain spaces such as current employment information and income? Page 4 and 5. Thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Grant & Bri said:

Not sure if its just my computer put did anyone have issues filling out Form I-864? Wont let me type in certain spaces such as current employment information and income? Page 4 and 5. Thanks. 

Were you using the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (USCIS does not test forms in anything else)?

And did you make sure you filled out any related questions that might affect whether or not a question was relevant?

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.