dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2019

940 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, mlabib said:

There is a backlog at montreal. I have been DQ since May 1st, nothing yer for me

I have a long list already in our group msg. Do you mind if I Will add you?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kartinee23 said:

I have a long list already in our group msg. Do you mind if I Will add you?

I'm also waiting for Montreal. But for family (F) visa. Would love to connect with other Canadians for country specific updates. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, Nody said:

CR1 😭

Amen 🙏

No. Seriously. Wow.. you need to contact the senators office . That is really too long. 

One more Mumbai embassy frustrated patron reporting...

Visa Type: CR1

PD: August 1, 2018

CC: May 14, 2019

Waiting for interview....

I did some digging to check if the Mumbai embassy is backlogged because of student visa. It is true that the student visa applications rise up during June/July/August phase. But if you compare 2018, the F1 category did not affect much the other categories.

Assuming consistent approval rates for CR1 visas, there are around 200+ visa get approved each month. The F1 visa approvals for these months are in thousands. However, this is based on 2018 data. The May CR1 approvals were less than 200 and waiting for June data to come in.

Also the website shows the wait times for the non-immigrant visa. I believe at one point of time, the wait time for F1 was around 73 days and has come down to 18 days. So I am not sure if the F1 visa applications were so many this year that they had to divert their resources from IV visas which may not require huge resources (if CR1 is considered). 

Additionally, I found some regulations on NVC's website for interview. I am not sure how to interpret it. Does it mean that the interview needs to be happened within 30 days after the receipt of the application from applicant/DHS or visa need to be processed?

Visa.JPG

13 minutes ago, Edison12 said:

One more Mumbai embassy frustrated patron reporting...

Visa Type: CR1

PD: August 1, 2018

CC: May 14, 2019

Waiting for interview....

I did some digging to check if the Mumbai embassy is backlogged because of student visa. It is true that the student visa applications rise up during June/July/August phase. But if you compare 2018, the F1 category did not affect much the other categories.

Assuming consistent approval rates for CR1 visas, there are around 200+ visa get approved each month. The F1 visa approvals for these months are in thousands. However, this is based on 2018 data. The May CR1 approvals were less than 200 and waiting for June data to come in.

Also the website shows the wait times for the non-immigrant visa. I believe at one point of time, the wait time for F1 was around 73 days and has come down to 18 days. So I am not sure if the F1 visa applications were so many this year that they had to divert their resources from IV visas which may not require huge resources (if CR1 is considered). 

Additionally, I found some regulations on NVC's website for interview. I am not sure how to interpret it. Does it mean that the interview needs to be happened within 30 days after the receipt of the application from applicant/DHS or visa need to be processed?

Visa.JPG

Chiming in. Also consider the fact that last year Delhi shared some or equal load of ALL visas. So comparing visa numbers for Mumbai from last year and this year (at least after April) would not make sense as they are getting most of the load. The longer interview wait times have dramatically increased recently (did you say this happened after April?) gee, I wonder why that could be. 

Overall, increased wait times for Mumbai make sense even if you disregard data about which category is receiving priority currently. Is this right? HELL NO. 

As for for the legislation you’ve found, it does seem to imply that the interview must happen within 30 days for immediate relatives after they have received all paperwork. But how do we hold NVC/Consulate to this policy?? After all, what they say is always right and they will come out with something else from their a** that will negate this legislation. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, melindaabdullah said:

No. Seriously. Wow.. you need to contact the senators office . That is really too long. 

It won't hurt to contact the senator's office! Hope that will help!!

Adding more hypothesis based on data. I dare you Mumbai embassy to prove me wrong by sending the IL ASAP.

Here is the data for April-August months from 2017-19. Based on the data, I am guessing...

1. Even though the CR1/IR1 etc cases moved from Delhi to Mumbai starting April, 2018, the Mumbai embassy was taking into account the increased work load and processed the applications. To prove this, check 2017 data where 100+ CR1 visas are being approved for April-August whereas 200+ visa being approved for same months in 2018. Also from the few feedback of the main CC to Interview sheet, we are able to see that people were getting interviewed within 2 months from CC/DQ by Mumbai whether it was 2017 or 2018. 

2. As far as the student visa goes, there is an exponential increase in student visas being approved in these months. And these are only approval rates. I guess the F1 applicants end up reapplying again if they get rejected within few weeks or so. So this definitely increases the workload. But I am skeptical about the fact that increase in the student visa workload should affect the CR1/IR1 category as it can be seen that the DQ to IL still was around 2 months for 2017 and 2018 with same pattern. However, I see that the CR1 has dropped to 161 for May, 2019. But to prove the F1 visa effect on the CR1, I think June 2019 data would be critical.

Overall, I see some trends which may explain Mumbai embassy being backlogged. But as seen previously, any logic you try to apply to this process gets laughed and nullified at by USCIS/NVC/Embassy.

Visa Data.JPG

Timeline
1 hour ago, Edison12 said:

Adding more hypothesis based on data. I dare you Mumbai embassy to prove me wrong by sending the IL ASAP.

Here is the data for April-August months from 2017-19. Based on the data, I am guessing...

1. Even though the CR1/IR1 etc cases moved from Delhi to Mumbai starting April, 2018, the Mumbai embassy was taking into account the increased work load and processed the applications. To prove this, check 2017 data where 100+ CR1 visas are being approved for April-August whereas 200+ visa being approved for same months in 2018. Also from the few feedback of the main CC to Interview sheet, we are able to see that people were getting interviewed within 2 months from CC/DQ by Mumbai whether it was 2017 or 2018. 

2. As far as the student visa goes, there is an exponential increase in student visas being approved in these months. And these are only approval rates. I guess the F1 applicants end up reapplying again if they get rejected within few weeks or so. So this definitely increases the workload. But I am skeptical about the fact that increase in the student visa workload should affect the CR1/IR1 category as it can be seen that the DQ to IL still was around 2 months for 2017 and 2018 with same pattern. However, I see that the CR1 has dropped to 161 for May, 2019. But to prove the F1 visa effect on the CR1, I think June 2019 data would be critical.

Overall, I see some trends which may explain Mumbai embassy being backlogged. But as seen previously, any logic you try to apply to this process gets laughed and nullified at by USCIS/NVC/Embassy.

Visa Data.JPG

Delay caused by additional background checks?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, alpha97 said:

We got approved! Was so easy, 5 simple questions. They took the main documents and did not even review most of the photos and other evidence. Visa pickup next week Tuesday! Thank you all. 

Congratulations! Your journey is finally over and you can begin your new life together! So happy for you!

IR(1,5) category is always slowed down this time of the year at Mumbai from what I have observed from reading various forums on the internet. Also, I had friends who had IR-1 and IR-5 category last year and year before that and they had to wait roughly 90+ days to get IL, both around summer time. I guess Mumbai is prioritizing F1 and F2A over IR irrespective of the DQ dates. I just don't understand why can we not schedule our own interviews? 

1 hour ago, ram_shan said:

Delay caused by additional background checks?

Do you mean additional background checks on CR-1 cases that have already have their CC?  Wouldn't it make more sense for NVC to be doing these checks before marking the case as 'documentarily qualified'?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Rohit07 said:

Do you mean additional background checks on CR-1 cases that have already have their CC?  Wouldn't it make more sense for NVC to be doing these checks before marking the case as 'documentarily qualified'?

That's my guess, I could be completely wrong. However, in some cases, after the interview consulates do issue 221G requiring additional background  checks (mantis).

Timeline

How the Visa Number allocation system works. After reading this doc I am fairly certain that FB applicants are being prioritized to minimize wastage of numerically capped visas.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/Immigrant Visa Control System_operation of.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.