dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2019

940 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Saci Singh said:

So nvc accepted?  2017 taxes and Retirement.  My dad has Retirement and made also in 2017 but 2018 he didn't make nothing much.

Wonder if I can just put my dad then...

I have question, what you sent it to show retirement which paper

Your dad's retirement benefits letter.. they should have sent a statement saying what his yearly income was for his retirement. Paystubs. He has to earn over the poverty level for his household to be able to co sponsor and his tax papers if he filed taxes..  yes they accepted just the one year but at that time it was current. If he is under the poverty level for 2018 you might want to look for another co sponsor.  I hope I'm making sense. Lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Hello all! I know it has been a while since I last posted. 

UPDATE: My husband had his interview this past Monday at the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro. Everything went very well!!!! His visa was APPROVED!!! The interview only lasted less than 2 minutes! As soon as we both walked in to talk to the counselor officer she said "Andres your visa is approved!". She was very nice and answered all of our questions. At the end she thanked me for serving (I am in the US Air Force Reserve). 

Same day once we got back to our home in Sao Paulo, we checked the status of his visa and it already showed "ISSUED". So we should be getting his passport with his visa back anytime. 

We are scheduled to fly/move to Miami on September 26th.

THANK YOU ALL for your support and help on this long process!

Wishing you all the best of luck!!!

So happy for you! Congratulations to you both and best of luck on your new life together in the US!! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, nyokie said:

Hello I had my interview yesterday 12:30pm-215pm some may had lunch at that time and started after 1pm.

They asked a lot of questions. 

The questions they asked was the same questions they aske me the  time I went to get a temporary visa since my mom in law was sick. 

They same guy interviewed me.

Every Embassy ask different questions basic on your past (traveled)

Embassy’s ask the same questions they ask everyone.

how you meet 
where you met
How long you have been married
When did you get married and so on y’all know the other questions.

Some Embassy will look at your past when you have travel and asked about it, specially if you was in college in the state.

Some may not ask that.

The only thing I can tell you is to stop asking people from different country what questions they ask becuase they are not same Embassy you will attend.

Start asking people from your country and not other country.

As for me I normal look at the review from my country and see what questions was asked etc. not other country’s.

Some may say to have an idea what they will asked. First of all we know what the important questions they will ask. 

Try to keep in mind every Embassy is different.

thank you all for your help, this process have been the longest and hard time for me and my family. Started this process from 2016 to 2019 it was a lot going on and off and blah blah so on. That when some of us have lawyers and when some of them don’t know what they doing.

i had a lawyer for a reason not for laziness or not know what to do. It was a reason for me to have one. At some point I did finish the process with out them becuase all they do is mess things up. Dibbie, applerose ,Sundee, Lynni and so on I can keep them but will stop right there. was very helpfully thank You 

Bottom long is we have to do one last paperwork which will be email to the Embassy today and my passport will be ready tomorrow.

thank you all and no I am not leaving the group am still here to help out.

Congratulations! So glad you are finally at the end of your long journey!

Timeline
14 hours ago, melindaabdullah said:

I'm asking this question because I'm confused.. my dad whose my co sponsor gets SSDI AND RETIREMENT .. our attorney submitted his 2017 taxes along with his SSDI and retirement proof. NVC accepted just that. I have talked to the attorney about 2018 taxes and he insists that we will not need them due my dad's proof of SSDI and retirement benefits both which equal way over the amount needed to sponsor him. My question is has anyone else dealt with this situation? Should we get 2018 taxes and send it in.. his interviews at the end of August and I'm really stressing.. 

So, you are saying that at the time you submitted your documents at NVC, his 2018 taxes weren't filed yet, so you only had to provide 2017? If so, you don't have to send anything ahead of time, but I would get his 2018 tax transcript and his current SSDI and retirement benefits info and bring that to your interview. Some consulates want to see current info at the interview to make sure his income has continued, but you will not have to send it in ahead of time if your case is already complete at NVC.

4 hours ago, CarlosSeoanes said:

Hello all! I know it has been a while since I last posted. 

UPDATE: My husband had his interview this past Monday at the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro. Everything went very well!!!! His visa was APPROVED!!! The interview only lasted less than 2 minutes! As soon as we both walked in to talk to the counselor officer she said "Andres your visa is approved!". She was very nice and answered all of our questions. At the end she thanked me for serving (I am in the US Air Force Reserve). 

Same day once we got back to our home in Sao Paulo, we checked the status of his visa and it already showed "ISSUED". So we should be getting his passport with his visa back anytime. 

We are scheduled to fly/move to Miami on September 26th.

THANK YOU ALL for your support and help on this long process!

Wishing you all the best of luck!!!

Congratulations!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
7 hours ago, PrincessCRV said:

So, you are saying that at the time you submitted your documents at NVC, his 2018 taxes weren't filed yet, so you only had to provide 2017? If so, you don't have to send anything ahead of time, but I would get his 2018 tax transcript and his current SSDI and retirement benefits info and bring that to your interview. Some consulates want to see current info at the interview to make sure his income has continued, but you will not have to send it in ahead of time if your case is already complete at NVC.we 

We are sending 2018 taxes just to be on the safe side..  And no he didn't file his taxes until April .. it was the only appointment he could get. NVC accepted everything. And we're DQ on may 17 . I'm a worry wart so even if they say they aren't needed we are sending them anyways. I'd rather have to much then not enough.. 

Hi guys,

I got status update on my case from NVC to- Case FE Review note- Please submit every Form W2/1099 on Petitioner and Suppose submitted tax transcript or tax return.

I had submitted W2s and Tax transcripts for last 3 years all are showing Accepted. On 2018 tax transcript, it is filed as Married filled jointly, but I only have my (petitioner) W2 that I submitted as my Spouse is working in working in India and doesn't have a W2. 

Any one had similar experience?

All the other statuses are showing accepted.

image.png.0fedf3a2214be2ff896b1d1121c14be2.png

image.thumb.png.2205fd8c6a76ff5bdde4f53b9c9f202c.png

Timeline
19 minutes ago, melindaabdullah said:

We are sending 2018 taxes just to be on the safe side..  And no he didn't file his taxes until April .. it was the only appointment he could get. NVC accepted everything. And we're DQ on may 17 . I'm a worry wart so even if they say they aren't needed we are sending them anyways. I'd rather have to much then not enough.. 

I am the same way! Better safe than sorry. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Happy New month everyone. Goodness July flew by.
Congratulations to all the approved Visa Interviews and to all the Case Completes.

Please remember to fill out the form to be added the spreadsheet and keep your timeline up to date. These stats helps us all.

This thread is now closed. Let's move on over to September Interview month some embassies have already started.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/714397-case-complete-to-interview-september-2019/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.