TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kanderson101 said:

Happy anniversary! Ours is coming up too. We're also waiting on the Seattle LFO for an interview. Unfortunately it seems like it could be another year or so before they get to us.

Those darn local tech companies.....jamming up the interview queues!

15 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Those darn local tech companies.....jamming up the interview queues!

SF is the same. Expect to have an interview in 15-18 months

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is anybody that filed AOS November 2018 still waiting for an interview? 

Just came back to check in and send some positive vibes to those who are still waiting if any. Stay encouraged, the wait will be over soon.

i received my green card exactly 5.5 months after application in November 7th 2018. Immediately traveled to my country to visit and was away nearly 4 months. Back now and immersing myself into American life. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Can someone please confirm that after the interview this is still the site you track green card developments? https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do;jsessionid=87B40A8E25BF2D7CBAB6755A052175FB

Just FYI we had our aos interview today and everything went smoothly except they said that because they took my husbands medical packet coming through immigration and a lot of times do not send these documents to USCIS he will need to do another medical examination and just send it in before green card approval. 

They havent even looked in his A-file yet to know if it's missing or not.

Dont jump to conclusions.

Wait for status change to new card being produced.

98% chance he'll get the card.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We had our interview October 9th then went on a two week trip to celebrate our first anniversary so this update is a bit late in coming. The interview went well enough although I'm still worried they won't believe we're married :D  The interviewer said he couldn't find my husband's medical exam and that they would have to submit an RFE for it and we'd just need a new one. Because of that, I made an appointment to have a new medical exam done next week.  (This is frustrating in itself because we had to fight tooth and nail to get my husband's original medical done and sent to the embassy for a variety of reasons.)

However, when I got home from our trip and read the RFE, it seems to be saying that all they actually need is his updated vaccination record. (We completed the vaccinations here in the US for a variety of reasons.)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Anyone know if you get an RFE after your interview, which we did for the new medical exam, how long it takes after you sent in the requested information before they reviewed it to complete their decision. So far status online still says "interview was scheduled" still?

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping the holidays bring good news to everyone that is still waiting for an interview or after providing RFE information.

Matt and I are reveling in our own excitement. We're in the process of buying a house (should all be done by Christmas) and I am 13 weeks pregnant!

Sept 12 2019 our last interview at uscis local office (Las Vegas) and the interviewer seems like didn't satisfy to our evidences and we got unhold she handed the white paper with hold interview for some reasons,  after a week we recieved the RFE letter they requested to send me another medical report, proof of marriage, etcc....we contacted our district representative to ask some help and however we try to do all the  necessary things they need we completed all and send to uscis again just 18th of November. And yesterday Its come out on my mind that I have to check our case and yes! Its a good news and a breath relief its change to "We produced a new card" I am so very happy and emotional because of the hardship we did and there's an answer to it thanks GOD. AND just now its change to this👇

20191202_080839.jpg

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Arrived back in San Francisco yesterday after spending Christmas at home in Ireland - used my AP with CPB at Dublin airport. Didn't have any secondary screening, but the agent on the line didn't have the correct stamp to parole me, so I had to go into a separate waiting area for maybe 20 minutes. My husband was in a separate queue, for US citizens, but I think I've read on here that you can bring them in the non citizen queue with you if you're travelling together? There, another agent called my name, and asked me to confirm my address, or maybe give her my address, which took me a few tries to get right, but now I think she might have been pretending to mishear me, to make sure I was sure? The following isn't my actual address. 

Agent: Your address?

Me: 1320 7th Ave

Agent: 1720 7th Ave?

Me: 1320

Agent: So 1320 13th Ave?

Me: No, 7th Ave.

Agent: New York.

Me: No, San Francisco.

And then she handed me my stuff and told me where to exit. 

Don't expect this to be an issue again though, because when I got back, I had a letter about my interview at the end of the month! 

I had planned on renewing my combo card on the 19th on January (6 months before it expires) and the interview is on the 29th. Do you think I should apply for the renewal, or put all my eggs in the green card basket? If the interview goes according to plan, it won't take six months for the card to be issued, right? 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all, 

It's been a while. I hope that everyone enjoyed their holidays :) 

I didn't want to think about this, but now that we're almost 6 months out from the EAD expiring, I've started to look at renewal. Planning on sending in paperwork in Feb but I've seen really mixed info on VJ about combo card renewals. There were posts from 2018 that were mentioning that when EAD expires, it is valid for 180 days after (automatic extension) but that the AP does NOT get this extension. I hadn't anticipated this, and we're planning on traveling to Belgium for the Christmas holidays in 2020. Can anyone else verify this info? 

I'm assuming that once the EAD is renewed, there would be a new combo card WITH a renewed AP, right? If the AP can be renewed, do we need to fill out JUST I-765 or both I-765 and I-131? 

TIA! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nov 2018 filer here. Just wanted to say that our petition and aos were approved the other week. Been lurking on VJ and learned a lot about the process from all the stories and helpful tips & information here. It all helped us be as prepared as possible, and thankfully everything has gone smoothly so far. All the best to everyone!

• 4 weeks later...

*Knock knock.....*    Anyone still in this dusty old place?  I think we are one of the last approvals for the November 2018 group!  We waited 15 months for the interview, which was 1/30/2020, and just today got the "New card is being produced " message. FINALLY!  The Seattle USCIS office must be the slowest in the country now.  

Good luck to anyone else in this group who is still waiting.  Next stop:  ROC 😁

Edited by Jorgedig

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.