TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Yaaay! I just got the email that my husband's Green Card is being produced! I can't believe the wait is nearly over! 😱🎉🍾🥂

Wow this is great news!!! Congrats you guys! 🎊🎉

2 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

Wow this is great news!!! Congrats you guys! 🎊🎉

Thank you so much! 🎉

1 hour ago, Katelyngene said:

Congrats! You’re one step closer to traveling back to England! Enjoy it :) 

Thanks so much! Yes, we're already starting to look for flights, haha. Hopefully the prices won't be too outrageous, but I have a feeling it's not going to be great. It'll be the first time he's been able to go back in a year, so it'll be worth it, though! 😊

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

15 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Thank you so much! 🎉

Thanks so much! Yes, we're already starting to look for flights, haha. Hopefully the prices won't be too outrageous, but I have a feeling it's not going to be great. It'll be the first time he's been able to go back in a year, so it'll be worth it, though! 😊

I checked flights the other day to see where prices are (although we booked in July). The flight we're doing in mid October with AA is still under $900/person round trip.

16 hours ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

If you can easily get to any of the airports Norwegian flies from, you can find flights to Gatwick for less than 450dlls. round trip. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

On 9/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, rrobin0609 said:

I checked flights the other day to see where prices are (although we booked in July). The flight we're doing in mid October with AA is still under $900/person round trip.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:47 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

If you can easily get to any of the airports Norwegian flies from, you can find flights to Gatwick for less than 450dlls. round trip. 

Thanks, guys! Yes, Norwegian!! My husband flew from Gatwick to Austin with Norwegian last year when he came over before our wedding, and it saved him literally hundreds of pounds. We're definitely going to look into flying with Norwegian as soon as his GC is in-hand. (Definitely don't want to book anything until he's got his GC for sure!)

The only trouble is that I've heard Norwegian stops flying from Austin like at the end of October, so we may have to see if we can fly to England on Norwegian, and then fly back to Nashville on a different airline... I know that sometimes ends up being even more expensive though. Ughhh! We'll figure it out somehow. 😂

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

39 minutes ago, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

The only trouble is that I've heard Norwegian stops flying from Austin like at the end of October, so we may have to see if we can fly to England on Norwegian, and then fly back to Nashville on a different airline... I know that sometimes ends up being even more expensive though. Ughhh! We'll figure it out somehow. 😂

You could fly to Chicago or Orlando and depart from there and still save a good amount. It could be double vacation, within the US and then in the UK. 😃

And I completely agree on booking UNTIL the GC is in hand. Hope it arrives soon. 😊

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

3 minutes ago, jakejon said:

I used my AP on Wednesday. Can't believe how nervous I was using it but Seattle was wonderful. So we went to the US line and my husband said to the officer jokingly, "oh I'm bringing you trouble Sir" (I eye rolled and said oh I have AP) :P - he was thee nicest officer I've ever encountered in immigration. He laughed and said my pic has seen better days (so I'm going to beg for a new photo next week) haha :D 

Was wonderful to be on familiar grounds in the UK and the Netherlands. Looking forward to my interview on Thursday. 

Glad to hear you had no trouble! ❤️ You'll smash that interview no problem ;) 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

Glad to hear you had no trouble! ❤️ You'll smash that interview no problem ;) 

Thanks my lovely!! My mums flying over today so it'll be awesome she's here too. Hope you are doing so well ❤️❤️❤️ 

22 hours ago, jakejon said:

Thanks my lovely!! My mums flying over today so it'll be awesome she's here too. Hope you are doing so well ❤️❤️❤️ 

Aw, that's so sweet and exciting that your mum is coming to visit for your interview! Good luck, and I know you guys will do great! 🤞

My husband's mum and sister came over from England for our interview as well--Definitely helped keep us calm in the days before the interview (plus they were here to celebrate when we heard it was approved!). The tracking info on my husband's GC says it's currently anticipated to be delivered today, so hopefully we'll have it in-hand today, and we can finally book our flights to England! I think it should be here by Monday at the very latest though, which is still soon!

Keep us posted on how your interview goes, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions! Sounds like you'll also be USCIS-free soon too! 🎉

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.06.2017 - NOA1

08.08.2018 - Medical

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

06.26.2021 - NOA

On 9/7/2019 at 5:33 AM, jakejon said:

I used my AP on Wednesday. Can't believe how nervous I was using it but Seattle was wonderful. So we went to the US line and my husband said to the officer jokingly, "oh I'm bringing you trouble Sir" (I eye rolled and said oh I have AP) - he was thee nicest officer I've ever encountered in immigration and was nice that he was cracking little jokes. He laughed and said my pic has seen better days (so I'm going to beg for a new photo next week) haha :D 

Was wonderful to be on familiar grounds in the UK and the Netherlands. Looking forward to my interview on Thursday. 

Sounds like a great encounter! Both times I've used my AP,  I've been taken into secondary. Did this happen for you? Or was it all taken care of at the booth in the main area?

I am flying back through Houston again this coming Friday and wondering if there is a way I can avoid secondary! Both previous times I've lined up to use my Global Entry then been sent to secondary.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have our interview in less than two weeks! Just a quick question, did you guys fill out a new i-864 (Affidavit of Support)? I am a bit anxious of what paperworks to bring and am still trying to figure out how to organize all the documents. I am not sure if we should just bring another copy of the i-485 application we sent months ago!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, Pat Argen said:

We have our interview in less than two weeks! Just a quick question, did you guys fill out a new i-864 (Affidavit of Support)? I am a bit anxious of what paperworks to bring and am still trying to figure out how to organize all the documents. I am not sure if we should just bring another copy of the i-485 application we sent months ago!  

I wondered this as well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.