47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Maybe so ! We just wish to be together that’s all 

as does everyone.

it will be done when its done.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Processing times aren't that bad at this point, compared to last year's mayhem. 

If you can't take a couple of months to wait for K-1, i can't image how hard it's gonna be for you not being able to work or travel while waiting for EAD/AP/AoS..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Hey there Rusk,

I understand your impatience, my now wife and I were there once. We started this journey March 14, 2012 and as my timeline shows, if you go to the link in my signature, it took a year and sixteen days from the day my K-1 was sent in to the day I crossed the border. My visa was approved and in hand in just under a year. Then for my I-485 Adjustment of Status I only had to wait five months but I got an interview waiver. Furthermore, when I applied for my I-751 it took exactly 10 months. Lastly, when I sent in my N-400 to naturalize and become a US citizen it took another 10 months. I say all this to say that this process will test your patience. You probably understand that most things such as how long it takes for the petition to get to Consulate, etc are out of your control. But I leave you with the serenity prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things that I can,

And the wisdom to know the difference.

Be patient and know that there are many other people going through the same trial as you. They all want to be with their fiances but are waiting to be approved as well. Visajourney is only a small portion of the people going through this process. Your time will come. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 hours ago, The_Empyrean said:

NO  JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! 

paul and i were shocked when we noticed how drastically they changed! 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 hours ago, payxibka said:

Last I heard, Kyiv was booked into August,  that was a little while ago 

Yes, the Kiev embassy is completely booked in June and July and, at last check, August was filling up fast.  Short of catching a cancellation at just the right time, September may be a long shot with still waiting for a petition approval, transfer to NVC, getting a case number, case getting shipped to the embassy, etc.

Disappointing of course but it is what it is.

Timeline
3 hours ago, The_Empyrean said:

If you can't take a couple of months to wait for K-1, i can't image how hard it's gonna be for you not being able to work or travel while waiting for EAD/AP/AoS..

Waiting for EAD/AP/AoS comes with its own challenges I am sure (I'll find this out in the near future) but my personal thought is it will be easier than waiting on the visa because finally you will be with your loved one.  You can go to dinner together, shopping, etc.  Sure beats hugging a body pillow and kissing her in my smart phone.

Timeline
Just now, The_Empyrean said:

Sure i agree to some extent. But not being able to do anything is another thing. It spawns arguments, irritability, mood swings, homesickness. I feel like it was easier to wait for K-1 than EAD/AP to be completely honest. I guess that depends from a person. Me? I can stay at home all the time and have tons of things to do, her? Not so much, 2-4 days without going out and she's getting moody. 

Wait a sec.  Maybe I am not up on the entire process but what precludes you from getting in a car and driving 1-2 hours for a stay at a country inn?  I understand you can't get on Lufthansa and fly to Germany.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Wait a sec.  Maybe I am not up on the entire process but what precludes you from getting in a car and driving 1-2 hours for a stay at a country inn?  I understand you can't get on Lufthansa and fly to Germany.

1. In most states you need at least EAD to get drivers licence. (for example NJ)

2. You cannot travel outside USA. I can, she can't.

3.You gotta support her, meaning health insurance and etc, so it's difficult to find savings for 2-3days 500-1000bucks getaways.

4. Traveling isn't a problem. Not knowing anyone close (besides me), not being able to drive yourself anywhere, and not having activities close by IS a problem. (While im at work)

5. While you're waiting for EAD, there's hoops and loops to go thru and wait for.. it's tough mentally on both sides. Beneficiary is being confined basically with house arrest (unless you live in downtown and everything is nearby), Petitioner gets the pressure of supporting financially, mentally, emotionally, plus all the pressure from family and relatives of "taking their kid away" etc. It adds up, not trying to scare you away though, just saying what to expect. This time is the most difficult in my mind. 

Edited by The_Empyrean

Timeline
2 minutes ago, The_Empyrean said:

1. In most states you need at least EAD to get drivers licence. (for example NJ)

2. You cannot travel outside USA. I can, she can't.

3.You gotta support her, meaning health insurance and etc, so it's difficult to find savings for 2-3days 500-1000bucks getaways.

4. Traveling isn't a problem. Not knowing anyone close (besides me), not being able to drive yourself anywhere, and not having activities close by IS a problem.

5. While you're waiting for EAD, there's hoops and loops to go thru and wait for.. it's tough mentally on both sides. Beneficiary is being confined basically with house arrest (unless you live in downtown and everything is nearby), Petitioner gets the pressure of supporting financially, mentally, emotionally, plus all the pressure from family and relatives of "taking their kid away" etc. It adds up, not trying to scare you away though, just saying what to expect. This time is the most difficult in my mind. 

Ok but you said  << not being able to do anything >>  and maybe it was just a phrase you threw out there but it gave me the impression you thought she'd be impounded by the feds if you crossed a state line or drove more than an hour from your front door.

To be perfectly honest with you... and I am ONLY opining here... the term 'house arrest' is a bit chilling even if uttered tongue-in-cheek.  I understand about budgets and all but you gotta get her out more.  You can't expect her to stay cooped up all day and not have something to look forward to.  She's in a strange country.  She knows no one but you.  Go to airbnb.  There are deals to be found that blow away hotel prices.  Stay in modest places if needed.  Eat in modest restaurants.  The main thing is get her out a little more.

Maybe you have friends with wives/girlfriends/sisters who can take her to the nearest mall so she can buy a blouse or something.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, TastyCake said:

Ok but you said  << not being able to do anything >>  and maybe it was just a phrase you threw out there but it gave me the impression you thought she'd be impounded by the feds if you crossed a state line or drove more than an hour from your front door.

To be perfectly honest with you... and I am ONLY opining here... the term 'house arrest' is a bit chilling even if uttered tongue-in-cheek.  I understand about budgets and all but you gotta get her out more.  You can't expect her to stay cooped up all day and not have something to look forward to.  She's in a strange country.  She knows no one but you.  Go to airbnb.  There are deals to be found that blow away hotel prices.  Stay in modest places if needed.  Eat in modest restaurants.  The main thing is get her out a little more.

Maybe you have friends with wives/girlfriends/sisters who can take her to the nearest mall so she can buy a blouse or something.

I know all that, im doing all i can to help her.

She knows all of my friends' GF's, Wifes etc. Hangs out all the time. It's still not the same as being able to work. Some people need to work as it involves more than just money. Creating relationships, feel rewarded, of course money too.

She's been here 6 times probably over last 4 years, with many 3month stays. 
all im saying, it's not as easy as it seems at the moment. Homesickness is pretty bad. But there is another side of a coin, i cannot do most of the things for her, she has to find her friends, activities and hobbies. Otherwise as life goes on, she's just gonna rely on me all the time. Spoiling isn't good too. 

There is a lot going on when you move. K-1 is the easy part, Both of you are still comfortable, just the miles between you guys. When you move, all kinds of things get loose.

"not being able to do anything" yeah i oversaid it. You can do, but it's difficult to where we live, as car is needed to go to the gym, groceries, meeting someone etc. Not much is within walking distance. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, Rusk Marcotte said:

Suspect that there are quite a few similarly inclined folks.... ;):o

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

4 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

NO  JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! 

Shocked is not the word!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

NO  JOKE!!!!!!!!!!! 

Seems to me that the NVC stage is taking MUCH longer for some folks this year vs. last year.  I think the transit of our approved petition from CSC ---> NVC --->Auckland was < two weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.