EandS2019

June 2019 AOS Filers

2,825 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/30/2019 at 6:55 PM, Hirotoyoto said:

thanks we just mailed her birth certificate yesterday along with the english translation. hope everything will work out.

great! let us know once your status change to RFE received :) good luck!

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got a notice for an RFE yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with submitting additional evidence regarding my husband's income. I couldn't submit much paystubs because he had just started a new job when we filed 😕

Oh well, I'll take an update over being left in the dark!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, TrickorTea said:

Got a notice for an RFE yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if it had to do with submitting additional evidence regarding my husband's income. I couldn't submit much paystubs because he had just started a new job when we filed 😕

I agree. At least it's some kind of acknowledgement.

2 hours ago, TrickorTea said:

Good luck there, and keep us posted.. I’m from Atlanta and I haven’t heard from them since fingerprints fee received ( I had biometrics in July but they didn’t update anything on website) :( lets keep our fingers crossed 

25 minutes ago, WeNandC said:

Good luck there, and keep us posted.. I’m from Atlanta and I haven’t heard from them since fingerprints fee received ( I had biometrics in July but they didn’t update anything on website) :( lets keep our fingers crossed 

I’m with you, I’m from Oklahoma and nothing  since fingerprint review completed. 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
50 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

I’m with you, I’m from Oklahoma and nothing  since fingerprint review completed. 

I'm from San Diego and just now April filers are receiving their interviews notice. I filled late June, I can see myself waiting at least 3-4 months. My case is still at fingerprint review completed. 

Edited by Eric&Mirella

got RFE last week asking my most recent tax return.

Need help for clarification..

Can i just attach my 2018 tax return along with copies of RFE letter? or should i include previously submitted I-864 affidavit of support?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Glad to hear June filers are getting their letters and I also hope to see more status update this week!

At the same time I have a concern about my interview. There was a misspelling of my father's last name in our marriage license (in California marriage certificate and marriage license are issued on the same paper). With our AOS package we submitted the marriage certificate we already had (with the misspelling) and also included the forms of amending marriage certificate along with an explanation letter. We decided to do so because as we have been told in California it can take up to 8 weeks to receive amended marriage certificate. Honestly I was expecting RFE, so we send the forms to amend our marriage certificate in late May just to be ready for the RFE. Long story short in July we received the reply (from Center for Health Statistics and Informatics, Vital Records) that we made a mistake in the form for amendment (after all those uscis forms it's almost unbelievable lol) so we had to resubmit it in July.

So today, 1.5 months after,  I received another reply stating that they cannot process our request on time since our courthouse didn't send our records on time. Try in 8-12 weeks they said! I called them and explained the situation with the interview and that their letter made me worry a lot whether it's all good with our marriage record. They told me that our marriage is legal, no issues with that, just the courthouse has been busy. They suggested me to postpone AOS interview (thanks, no) or just show officer the letters about delaying the process of amendment and explain the officer that everything is fine, but just slow.

Now I'm worried that it may delay the result of the interview :( I know that there's nothing I can do and I even understand that if we haven't received RFE before it's probably all good. Any opinions or suggestions?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, sashsash said:

Glad to hear June filers are getting their letters and I also hope to see more status update this week!

At the same time I have a concern about my interview. There was a misspelling of my father's last name in our marriage license (in California marriage certificate and marriage license are issued on the same paper). With our AOS package we submitted the marriage certificate we already had (with the misspelling) and also included the forms of amending marriage certificate along with an explanation letter. We decided to do so because as we have been told in California it can take up to 8 weeks to receive amended marriage certificate. Honestly I was expecting RFE, so we send the forms to amend our marriage certificate in late May just to be ready for the RFE. Long story short in July we received the reply (from Center for Health Statistics and Informatics, Vital Records) that we made a mistake in the form for amendment (after all those uscis forms it's almost unbelievable lol) so we had to resubmit it in July.

So today, 1.5 months after,  I received another reply stating that they cannot process our request on time since our courthouse didn't send our records on time. Try in 8-12 weeks they said! I called them and explained the situation with the interview and that their letter made me worry a lot whether it's all good with our marriage record. They told me that our marriage is legal, no issues with that, just the courthouse has been busy. They suggested me to postpone AOS interview (thanks, no) or just show officer the letters about delaying the process of amendment and explain the officer that everything is fine, but just slow.

Now I'm worried that it may delay the result of the interview :( I know that there's nothing I can do and I even understand that if we haven't received RFE before it's probably all good. Any opinions or suggestions?

I personally would go with the papers I had. It may delay the result and may not, you never know. But I would not reschedule my AOS interview for sure. I feel like the officer might ask you to just send the fixed marriage license once you receive it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I filed for AOS on June 17th and fingerprint was completed on July 9th. I just checked my status online and it still says finger print review was completed. Hope to get an update soon... 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Jen_1987 said:

I filed for AOS on June 17th and fingerprint was completed on July 9th. I just checked my status online and it still says finger print review was completed. Hope to get an update soon... 

Same here! My local office is Los Angeles (city not county) and it's pretty backlogged, but still hoping for an update soon as well. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Got the interview notice! The interview is scheduled for October 10th. I'm still paranoid that it's a fluke 😖 

Hopefully, all the cases go on smoothly!

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

Our immigration journey 

Spoiler

01/02/2018 Started dating 

01/21/2019 Got engaged

04/08/2019 Got married

06/17/2019 AOS package sent

06/19/2019 Package delivered

06/24/2019 Card charged 

06/25/2019 Text notifications (no email!)

07/03/2019 Received NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (dated 06/25/2019)

07/20/2019 Received biometrics appointment letter (dated 07/12/2019)

07/31/2019 Biometrics

09/03/2019 Received interview notice

10/10/2019 Interview

10/11/2019 Case approved! :star:

10/16/2019 "Card was mailed" case status update

10/17/2019 Received tracking number for the green card in mail

10/18/2019 Green card in hand! 

Spoiler

07/18/2021 ROC package sent (UPS)

07/22/2021 Package delivered

07/23/2021 Card charged

07/24/2021 Text notification - case received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.