Jump to content
Plumbob85

CR1 Red Flags?

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CR1 Red Flags?

 

Greetings y’all. I’m Plumbob, just another VJ brother looking to be together with his wife. After a 5.5 year relationship, my wife just had her interview last Tuesday in Vietnam. She was given a blue 221g for more supporting evidence. It’s been an emotionally draining week for both our families. I was thinking if I could post my case here if y’all VJ family members that might have a little extra time could give me your thoughts on my case.

 

A little about me, I’m a born and raised farmers boy from the great state of California. Both my parents were Vietnam refugees who met here and married. I spend my days running the family farm and the only legal issues I ran into in my 33 years was an illegal left turn when I was 17 near the high school. 

 

I’m an importer of seeds from Vietnam for our family vegetable farm. When I found out the girl working on the Vietnam side spoke the same home language I spoke at home, I was in love. I learned we were the same people, ethnic Chinese Vietnamese. The language we speak is being replaced by mainstream Cantonese. Therefore since we both spoke this language at a young age, I surely was in love(she’s 26 this year). This was in March of 2014. When things got serious, I met her aunt that lives a couple hours away. We exchanged gifts, a lot of interaction between our families. We spoke daily by messenger. My wife tried unsuccessfully to apply for a visit in December of 2015. Then in July 2016 we met. My mom came a long to meet my wife. I stayed for 34 days. My mom could only stay 8 days. After coming home to the USA we had a lot of cultural differences but we worked them out. It wouldn’t be until August of 2017 did I go back to marry my wife. So a year after first meeting we got married. We only did the engagement ceremony and made offerings to her ancestors. Her extended family came to support us. We bought the customary jewelry except for the rings. Took a lot of photos. But the night before, while exercising I had tripped over a loose paver stone. My ankle was in pain and so I relied on the other ankle. Long story short,  what was supposed to be a 30 day trip turned into 70 since both ankles and knees were sprained. Now the reason why is because I’m a heavy set fella. 170 days after returning to the states was I able to go file the CR1. In the 170 days I was in an acute rehabilitation facility since I lost all my muscle in my legs trying to get back on my feet. Fast forward to 327 days later my wife was able to go have her interview. We had a consultant that helped with everything. The interview was going great, the CO only wanted to see the marriage certificate, the CO said approved but at the last minute saw the previous denial and got suspicious. The CO asked 18 questions:

  1. Why did you file for visitors visa?
  2. Why did your husband only meet you 2 times?
  3. Why is your husband parents co sponsoring? 
  4. Where are the marriage photos?
  5. Why do you speak English with your husband and not Chinese?

 

I could not get any more information from my wife yet of the interview because she’s just so upset. We all are. The blue sheet requested these actions to take place within a year:

  1. Beneficiary must register address for document and passport delivery.
  2. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement provide address, telephone numbers of previous ex spouses.
  3. Petitioner please provide proof of purchase of airline tickets
  4. Based upon information ascertained through interview, CO does not believe a Bona Fide relationship exists. If you have any other evidence to present which would reasonably convince a person that a relationship exists other than immigration please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.
  5. Beneficiary in signed statement please list all relatives living in the United States.
  6. Petitioner and beneficiary please download and fill out family relationships form.
  7. Petitioner in a signed statement please provide timeline of your relationship.
  8. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement please provide physical address where you currently live and email address. 

 

Then it lists the instructions on how to submit these documents. 

 

I think my wife was caught off guard and became nervous when the CO became suspicious. The CO returned my wife’s passport and documents. The CO said she needed more evidence. It seems straightforward but in my head it seems like the sky is falling. Can y’all give me some of your thoughts on my case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did you include in your original packet? Did you have photos? You need airline tickets, passport stamps help, pictures together, pictures with family, call logs, fb logs any evidence you can possibly get helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Plumbob85 said:

CR1 Red Flags?

 

Greetings y’all. I’m Plumbob, just another VJ brother looking to be together with his wife. After a 5.5 year relationship, my wife just had her interview last Tuesday in Vietnam. She was given a blue 221g for more supporting evidence. It’s been an emotionally draining week for both our families. I was thinking if I could post my case here if y’all VJ family members that might have a little extra time could give me your thoughts on my case.

 

A little about me, I’m a born and raised farmers boy from the great state of California. Both my parents were Vietnam refugees who met here and married. I spend my days running the family farm and the only legal issues I ran into in my 33 years was an illegal left turn when I was 17 near the high school. 

 

I’m an importer of seeds from Vietnam for our family vegetable farm. When I found out the girl working on the Vietnam side spoke the same home language I spoke at home, I was in love. I learned we were the same people, ethnic Chinese Vietnamese. The language we speak is being replaced by mainstream Cantonese. Therefore since we both spoke this language at a young age, I surely was in love(she’s 26 this year). This was in March of 2014. When things got serious, I met her aunt that lives a couple hours away. We exchanged gifts, a lot of interaction between our families. We spoke daily by messenger. My wife tried unsuccessfully to apply for a visit in December of 2015. Then in July 2016 we met. My mom came a long to meet my wife. I stayed for 34 days. My mom could only stay 8 days. After coming home to the USA we had a lot of cultural differences but we worked them out. It wouldn’t be until August of 2017 did I go back to marry my wife. So a year after first meeting we got married. We only did the engagement ceremony and made offerings to her ancestors. Her extended family came to support us. We bought the customary jewelry except for the rings. Took a lot of photos. But the night before, while exercising I had tripped over a loose paver stone. My ankle was in pain and so I relied on the other ankle. Long story short,  what was supposed to be a 30 day trip turned into 70 since both ankles and knees were sprained. Now the reason why is because I’m a heavy set fella. 170 days after returning to the states was I able to go file the CR1. In the 170 days I was in an acute rehabilitation facility since I lost all my muscle in my legs trying to get back on my feet. Fast forward to 327 days later my wife was able to go have her interview. We had a consultant that helped with everything. The interview was going great, the CO only wanted to see the marriage certificate, the CO said approved but at the last minute saw the previous denial and got suspicious. The CO asked 18 questions:

  1. Why did you file for visitors visa?
  2. Why did your husband only meet you 2 times?
  3. Why is your husband parents co sponsoring? 
  4. Where are the marriage photos?
  5. Why do you speak English with your husband and not Chinese?

 

I could not get any more information from my wife yet of the interview because she’s just so upset. We all are. The blue sheet requested these actions to take place within a year:

  1. Beneficiary must register address for document and passport delivery.
  2. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement provide address, telephone numbers of previous ex spouses.
  3. Petitioner please provide proof of purchase of airline tickets
  4. Based upon information ascertained through interview, CO does not believe a Bona Fide relationship exists. If you have any other evidence to present which would reasonably convince a person that a relationship exists other than immigration please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.
  5. Beneficiary in signed statement please list all relatives living in the United States.
  6. Petitioner and beneficiary please download and fill out family relationships form.
  7. Petitioner in a signed statement please provide timeline of your relationship.
  8. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement please provide physical address where you currently live and email address. 

 

Then it lists the instructions on how to submit these documents. 

 

I think my wife was caught off guard and became nervous when the CO became suspicious. The CO returned my wife’s passport and documents. The CO said she needed more evidence. It seems straightforward but in my head it seems like the sky is falling. Can y’all give me some of your thoughts on my case?

 

 

A couple of things jumped out at me:

1. the supposedly "wedding" pictures: they can't differentiate between weddings and engagements

2. your income: if your parents cosponsor then it means you don't quite make enough (unsure how or why)

3. your heritage and background: fraud marriages are real, especially among the Viet and Chinese

I am sorry, it sucks regardless. I have had people whom I considered friends who married just for the GC. Well, we obviously are no longer friends.

 

 

Edited by Ameriaussie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Redheadguy03 said:

What did you include in your original packet? Did you have photos? You need airline tickets, passport stamps help, pictures together, pictures with family, call logs, fb logs any evidence you can possibly get helps. 

Redheadguy03 thank you for replying. In the original packet I submitted photos of the engagement ceremony, airline tickets, copies of my passport stamps and other photos together. 

 

In the interview we had a stack 2 inches thick of photos, receipts of western union, receipt of the jewelry, hotel receipts with both our names. Photos of various activities. The only thing we did not have was the timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Plumbob85 said:
  1. Beneficiary must register address for document and passport delivery.
  2. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement provide address, telephone numbers of previous ex spouses.
  3. Petitioner please provide proof of purchase of airline tickets
  4. Based upon information ascertained through interview, CO does not believe a Bona Fide relationship exists. If you have any other evidence to present which would reasonably convince a person that a relationship exists other than immigration please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.
  5. Beneficiary in signed statement please list all relatives living in the United States.
  6. Petitioner and beneficiary please download and fill out family relationships form.
  7. Petitioner in a signed statement please provide timeline of your relationship.
  8. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement please provide physical address where you currently live and email address. 

 

Provide those items and you should be back on track.

 

For a 5 and a half year relationship you need to have meet more.


March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would advise you to give them EVERYTHING they want and more to support your relationship.  Insurance, wills, trusts, etc........legal documents and/or documents show a common address/connection..........


                               :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my experiences with US Embassy in Saigon,  you missing some critical things:

- You both can speak common language , but submit documents showed you both talking in different language is a No.

- In your case, you only visit 2 time that is another big No.

-Wedding ceremony in VN is a critical evidence. Also, CO want to see the evidence before marriage too.

- Lastly, i'm 100% CO will approved the visa if you show up at the interview with you spouse, and believe me most CO want to see that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, H&T said:

From my experiences with US Embassy in Saigon,  you missing some critical things:

- You both can speak common language , but submit documents showed you both talking in different language is a No.

- In your case, you only visit 2 time that is another big No.

-Wedding ceremony in VN is a critical evidence. Also, CO want to see the evidence before marriage too.

- Lastly, i'm 100% CO will approved the visa if you show up at the interview with you spouse, and believe me most CO want to see that.

I agreed that the chance OP's wife gets approved will significantly increase when OP turns in the additional docs with OP's wife (I would not say 100% but it can be 100%).  My friend got similar request but his relationship with his wife was shorter (around 3 years). After he traveled there to go with his wife to submit the additional docs, they got approved.

 

I was with my wife so they only asked a few questions then approved without seeing any supporting docs we brought in.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also wondering why the CO got suspicious all of a sudden when he saw the previous, I assume B2 visa denial. Wondering what was possibly put on that application that raised an alarm to the CO.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gif     giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe USCIS thinks its an arranged marriage?


Adjustment of Status from a Visitors Visa:

Married: January 3, 2013

Chicago lockbox:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: 09/15/2016

Received Texts of All 3 receipt's: 09/23/2016

10/04/2016 Received all (3) I-797C receipts via USPS

10/08/2016 Received Biometrics letter received

10/13/2016 Biometrics, walk in-successful.

11/18/2016 EAD card Approved. I-765 //64 Days

11/23/2016 Text from USCIS- EAD card mailed today

11/26/2016 EAD Card received in the mail.

12/01/2016 Applied for Social Security Card

12/08/2016 Received Social Security card in mail

12/14/2016 Applied for Texas ID card.

12/27/2016 Received Texas ID card in mail.

08/08/2017  Sent in paperwork for renewal of EAD card.

08/10/2015   Renewal petition for EAD delivered by USPS to USCIS

08/16/2017   Received text-email notifications EAD /AP renewal received by USCIS

10/02/2017   New medical done-other one long expired.

10/13/2017  Received letter of interview-- Nov. 13, 2017

11/02/2017  Received email and text, Interview cancelled, will be rescheduled.   Heartbroken....

12/18/2017  Still awaiting new interview date.  Have not received renewed EAD/AP card.....Waiting, waiting... Waiting.

12/29/2017  End of the year, not received new interview date or renewed EAD-AP card.  Happy New Year!!

01/25/2018  Welcome to 2018, not a damn word from USCIS on new interview date.

02/02/2018  RECEIVED NEW INTERVIEW DATE    FEB. 21   AND THATS MY BIRTHDAY TOO.

02/21/2018   Had interview, was told in about 4 weeks for a decision... more waiting......

02/23/2018   Renewal of EAD-AP card approved.

02/28/2018   Text from USCIS,  EAD-AP card mailed

03/03/2018   Received in mail EAD/AP combo card.

07/03/2018   Info Pass in Houston,   Houston USCIS office said they are 2000 petitions behind, give them till end of August, as they are doing clean up from interviews.

08/24/2018   Sent renewal petition for EAD/AP Card

12/07/2018   Still awaiting results from Houston interview.   We are not the only one's I hear. 

12/27/2018   End of 2018---- still waiting for results from interview.   Making Info Pass for January or February.

02/20/2019   No more Info Pass appointments allowed in Houston,  Field Office.    Feb 21 makes one year since interview  &  Still awaiting renewal on EAD-AP card sent Aug. 24 2018

04/05/2019    Interview May 7th 2019 Houston office.

05/07/2019   Had Stokes interview, very basic questions,  took additional joint evidence, and looked through 2 albums.   Compared our answers, got 1 wrong, languages spoken.               Husband  forgot  I speak  some French .  Took husbands finger prints and pic, they did not do that at Feb 2018 interview.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Maybe USCIS thinks its an arranged marriage?

Potentially but it is not rare with Vietnamese culture where the couple being: Introduced by a relative. Although arranged marriages are no longer oblivious like the past, many still have some type of arrangements. 

 

My wife's and my family have been friends for 3 decades and we were neighbors before my family immigrated to US, then later her family immigrated to US. However, she was over the legal age to be included in the petition.  Two families no longer live in the same cities but we still visit each other on our holidays or vacations, including some pictures in our petition with 2 families having great time.  Our relationship is probably considered as arranged but my wife got visa around 10 months I petitioned for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Maybe USCIS thinks its an arranged marriage?

Arranged marriages are legal and acceptable in many cultures. As long as a marriage wasn't arranged for immigration purposes, that wouldn't be reason for a visa denial.

 

 

OP: Send them everything they want and more, if you have it.

Also, visit and spend more time with her. For a couple who's been married for 5 and a half years, you've spent very little time together in real life and obviously the CO finds that suspicious.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 6:03 PM, Plumbob85 said:

CR1 Red Flags?

 

Greetings y’all. I’m Plumbob, just another VJ brother looking to be together with his wife. After a 5.5 year relationship, my wife just had her interview last Tuesday in Vietnam. She was given a blue 221g for more supporting evidence. It’s been an emotionally draining week for both our families. I was thinking if I could post my case here if y’all VJ family members that might have a little extra time could give me your thoughts on my case.

 

A little about me, I’m a born and raised farmers boy from the great state of California. Both my parents were Vietnam refugees who met here and married. I spend my days running the family farm and the only legal issues I ran into in my 33 years was an illegal left turn when I was 17 near the high school. 

 

I’m an importer of seeds from Vietnam for our family vegetable farm. When I found out the girl working on the Vietnam side spoke the same home language I spoke at home, I was in love. I learned we were the same people, ethnic Chinese Vietnamese. The language we speak is being replaced by mainstream Cantonese. Therefore since we both spoke this language at a young age, I surely was in love(she’s 26 this year). This was in March of 2014. When things got serious, I met her aunt that lives a couple hours away. We exchanged gifts, a lot of interaction between our families. We spoke daily by messenger. My wife tried unsuccessfully to apply for a visit in December of 2015. Then in July 2016 we met. My mom came a long to meet my wife. I stayed for 34 days. My mom could only stay 8 days. After coming home to the USA we had a lot of cultural differences but we worked them out. It wouldn’t be until August of 2017 did I go back to marry my wife. So a year after first meeting we got married. We only did the engagement ceremony and made offerings to her ancestors. Her extended family came to support us. We bought the customary jewelry except for the rings. Took a lot of photos. But the night before, while exercising I had tripped over a loose paver stone. My ankle was in pain and so I relied on the other ankle. Long story short,  what was supposed to be a 30 day trip turned into 70 since both ankles and knees were sprained. Now the reason why is because I’m a heavy set fella. 170 days after returning to the states was I able to go file the CR1. In the 170 days I was in an acute rehabilitation facility since I lost all my muscle in my legs trying to get back on my feet. Fast forward to 327 days later my wife was able to go have her interview. We had a consultant that helped with everything. The interview was going great, the CO only wanted to see the marriage certificate, the CO said approved but at the last minute saw the previous denial and got suspicious. The CO asked 18 questions:

  1. Why did you file for visitors visa?
  2. Why did your husband only meet you 2 times?
  3. Why is your husband parents co sponsoring? 
  4. Where are the marriage photos?
  5. Why do you speak English with your husband and not Chinese?

 

I could not get any more information from my wife yet of the interview because she’s just so upset. We all are. The blue sheet requested these actions to take place within a year:

  1. Beneficiary must register address for document and passport delivery.
  2. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement provide address, telephone numbers of previous ex spouses.
  3. Petitioner please provide proof of purchase of airline tickets
  4. Based upon information ascertained through interview, CO does not believe a Bona Fide relationship exists. If you have any other evidence to present which would reasonably convince a person that a relationship exists other than immigration please submit it. Please label and itemize all materials submitted.
  5. Beneficiary in signed statement please list all relatives living in the United States.
  6. Petitioner and beneficiary please download and fill out family relationships form.
  7. Petitioner in a signed statement please provide timeline of your relationship.
  8. Petitioner and beneficiary in a signed statement please provide physical address where you currently live and email address. 

 

Then it lists the instructions on how to submit these documents. 

 

I think my wife was caught off guard and became nervous when the CO became suspicious. The CO returned my wife’s passport and documents. The CO said she needed more evidence. It seems straightforward but in my head it seems like the sky is falling. Can y’all give me some of your thoughts on my case?

Simple question..why only two visits in over 5 years? From first appearance that is what stands out to me as a red flag. 


CR1 SC: NEBRASKA

NOA 1: PD: SEPT 18, 2018

NOA 2: Who knows..its Nebraska :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...