2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Had an interview in Dallas on Jan 30th, got approved on Jan 31st. :) The whole AOS process took 9 months for Dallas office. 

I-751 ROC

11/08/2021 - I-751 application sent to USCIS through FedEx

11/12/2021 - Documents received by USCIS

11/15/2021 - Text message informing of receipt notice being sent in mail

11/16/2021 - Bank account charged for I-751 form and biometrics

AOS

05/02/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application mailed to USCIS (priority mail with USPS)

05/04/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application delivered

05/09/2019 - "Your case was received" texts with the receipts' numbers

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Case was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint fee was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/14/2019 - NOA1 letters received in mail (NOA1 date: 05/09/2019)

05/24/2019 - Biometrics letter received (NOA2 date: 05/17/2019)

06/05/2019 - Completed biometrics 

06/06/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint review was completed" (MyUSCIS)

07/11/2019 - Case status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" (MyUSCIS)

12/23/2019 - Case status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled”

12/30/2019 - Interview Notice letter received in mail

01/30/2020 - Interview 👫📚

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" (MyUSCIS)

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "Case Was Approved" (MyUSCIS)

02/04/2020 - Case status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/05/2020 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

Expedited AP

07/18/2019 - Called USCIS (800 375-5283) to expedite the process of AP issuance based on family emergency

07/22/2019 - An email from USCIS requesting additional information

07/23/2019 - Requested documents sent back to USCIS via fax (took an hour to go through) 

07/26/2019 - Escalated an expedite request to USCIS Tier 2 (no e-mail confirming receipt of docs);

Service request submitted by Tier 2 to NBC; response to be received by 08/10/2019

08/01/2019 - E-mail from NBC confirming that my "application has been approved and submitted for processing"

08/02/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "New Card is Being Produced"

08/03/2019 - Case status changed on AP and EAD to "Case Was Approved"

08/05/2019 - I-797 NOA received in mail ("We have approved you application for an Advance Parole Document")

08/05/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

08/06/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

08/08/2019 - Combo EAD/AP card in hand 🎉 🍾🥂👩‍💼

08/08/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

Interview was this morning! 

Waited about an hour and a half past appointment time to be called in, the actual interview was only about 15 mins. 

Simple, direct interview, and not unpleasant. 

I was given a paper that says "case needs further review"...but, 20 mins later I got a text that there was an update on my 1-485 "New Card Being Produced" 

And The I-130 updated from "case received" to  "case is being reviewed" does this mean the officer approved my case?? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lizzady said:

Waited about an hour and a half past appointment time to be called in, the actual interview was only about 15 mins. 

I was given a paper that says "case needs further review"...but, 20 mins later I got a text that there was an update on my 1-485 "New Card Being Produced" 

And The I-130 updated from "case received" to  "case is being reviewed" does this mean the officer approved my case?? 

You don't need to care anymore about the i130,  your green card is being produced 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Lizzady said:

Congratulations!!!

On the other hand, most likely you will receive an approval letter for I-130.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

our interview is finally scheduled! NJ takes a long time :(

I have started to arrange all the documents they could ask in the interview but does anyone has a checklist I can use to confirm I'm not missing anything? 

Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just wanted to share my experience. My husband had his AOS interview yesterday 2/4/2020 and the officer seemed to think we had a solid case but our Medical records had gone missing! 🤬 We had extra copies of the DS-3025, but not the other one that we turned in at the port of entry. We never had a copy because it was always in a sealed envelope and we handed it over at the Port of Entry. Anyway I read somewhere in a flagged discussion that even though it is their fault for losing it we are left having to pay for another medical exam. Annoying! So he said he would be sending a letter of RFE. Anyway what to do. I guess I'll forget about it in the long run. Hopefully after the medical exam all will go smoothly. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Our interview was in a few days. Received an update sometime back on the app.

"Interview Cancelled and Notice Ordered"

Donno how to react. Shud I laugh or feel upset! Lol... 9 months and now more wait.... 🙄

Has anyone else's interview being cancelled or was cancelled?

How long do they take to reschedule? My FO is Denver.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/4/2020 at 6:48 AM, Martacz said:

Had an interview in Dallas on Jan 30th, got approved on Jan 31st. :) The whole AOS process took 9 months for Dallas office. 

Congrats!! Yeah it's been since May 24th since we first filed the AOS as well. Our interview is a little over a week away and we are almost ready. Good luck the rest of your journey together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/5/2020 at 7:32 PM, Akipog said:

Just wanted to share my experience. My husband had his AOS interview yesterday 2/4/2020 and the officer seemed to think we had a solid case but our Medical records had gone missing! 🤬 We had extra copies of the DS-3025, but not the other one that we turned in at the port of entry. We never had a copy because it was always in a sealed envelope and we handed it over at the Port of Entry. Anyway I read somewhere in a flagged discussion that even though it is their fault for losing it we are left having to pay for another medical exam. Annoying! So he said he would be sending a letter of RFE. Anyway what to do. I guess I'll forget about it in the long run. Hopefully after the medical exam all will go smoothly. 

The same thing happened to us!! Beyond frustrating, I feel your pain. From the time I had the new medical to having my card in had was about 6 extra weeks. Hope it all goes smooth for you guys 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone!  I wanted to check in and share our experience.  We were meant to have our GC interview on December 5th.  Unfortunately, the night before, we got a call that my mother-in-law was unexpectedly in the hospital and she might not make it.  We decided we had to be there and flew out to England and put in a request to reschedule the interview that night.  We were in England for one month and tragically, my husband's mother passed away :( .  As you can all understand, it's been extremely hard for us.  That said, has anyone else experienced this?  Now, we are just waiting for a new appointment?  We filed in May and our interview was scheduled for December.  Do you think it will be another 7 months for an interview?  We are located in Boston by the way if that helps. Right now, our case just reads that it is "reopened" as of December 6th (after originally appearing as rejected on the 5th when we didn't show up to the interview).  If anyone has any insight on our situation, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

AOS approved! Very easy and nice lady that interviewed us!

Just do everything as they say and have an honest relationship and there is nothing to worry about ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/9/2020 at 6:48 AM, Loo1 said:

The same thing happened to us!! Beyond frustrating, I feel your pain. From the time I had the new medical to having my card in had was about 6 extra weeks. Hope it all goes smooth for you guys 

We still haven't received the RFE letter (even though the officer said they would send it that day or the next day🙄). How long did it take for you to get your RFE in the mail? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.