dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2019

1,450 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2019 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/705721-case-complete-to-interview-june-2019/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just waiting on one document 

really hoping I’m CC by the first week of May. It’s been a long time coming and Friday makes a year since filing i130 petition 

Hello everyone!

My case was approved on April 4, USCIS sent on April 18, and NVC received on april 22.

I cant wait to get a case number!(((

What should i to avoid document rejection? Could you please advice me smth? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shahzoda said:

Hello everyone!

My case was approved on April 4, USCIS sent on April 18, and NVC received on april 22.

I cant wait to get a case number!(((

What should i to avoid document rejection? Could you please advice me smth? 

-Make sure u get the accepted nvc documents

-u upload the right document type at the ryt place 

-make sure affidavit of support is filled correctly n all pages scanned

-make sure ur scan is clearly seen, not blur, the document is in pdf, jpg or jpeg n below 2M

-make sure ur document is ryt side up n not sideways

Nb- u can also go online to read the instructions for uploading documents on ceac

Oh beautiful May, a perfect month for CC and a scheduled interview date I say! 😊

Very scary that, even though all the required documentation was uploaded in CEAC, the visa status tracker is not updated and still tells me that action is required. We only submitted it last Friday so I will give it a few days more..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Two steps forward, one step back.  It has been 18 days since I uploaded cleaner documents for NVC.  My Step-Daughter is done but they requested a copy of the marriage certificate for my Step-Son.  I uploaded that last night.  I wish they asked for it 18 days ago but it is what it is.  No word on my wife yet.

The issue is the expedite was to avoid another year or tuition for the kids and it is due this month.  Their school requires a full year tuition paid in advance so I am paying for another year of school in Manila for both kids.  The expedite was absolutely nothing as they approved it because of their school.  So now I pay for another year for two students there and then we get to decide how to move forward.  I assume it will be another 3 weeks for them to look at the marriage certificate.  I really wish they asked for it 18 days ago.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

19 minutes ago, The Rock ll said:

I got the case number...I had three petitions approved...got only for my Wife ...kids not

The same happened with us.  All three of mine were complete within a couple days of each other.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just got the emails from NVC

My wife is Documentarily Qualified.  My step daughter's paperwork has been accepted and her status is "At NVC".  My step-son was accepted but last night they requested a copy of our marriage certificate.  He turned 18 a month after we were married.

Do all three get the Documentarily Qualified of just the CR-1?  They are not asking anything more for my step daughter but they also never sent the "all paperwork has been received" email.

I'm just trying to make sure they all interview at the same time.  The kids are listed as CR-2.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Just got the emails from NVC

My wife is Documentarily Qualified.  My step daughter's paperwork has been accepted and her status is "At NVC".  My step-son was accepted but last night they requested a copy of our marriage certificate.  He turned 18 a month after we were married.

Do all three get the Documentarily Qualified of just the CR-1?  They are not asking anything more for my step daughter but they also never sent the "all paperwork has been received" email.

I'm just trying to make sure they all interview at the same time.  The kids are listed as CR-2.

•  

congrats to my husband, I am not sure if they have to process at the NVC  but I know all 3 will have the same interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.