WORRIEDSPOUSE

FUMING 3 MONTHS LATER STILL NO ANSWER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

I AM SO ANGRY/FRUSTRATED BEYOND THE CORE. STILL NO ANSWER FROM US CONSULATE IN GEORGETOWN GUYANA.  I AM LIVID WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING IT'S OKAY TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE'S LIVES SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY LOOKING FOR. WE PROVIDED EVERTHING AS NEEDED.  I WAS EVEN TOLD WELL YOU MAKE MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY TO PROVIDE FOR YOUR SPOUSE... I FEEL LIKE THESE IMMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE PLAYING WITH OUR LIVELY HOOD...HOW DO YOU TELL A COUPLE YOUR APPROVED THEN RECANT IT TO YOUR CASE IS IN ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW 3 MONTHS LATER AND NOTHING HAS UPDATED ON CEAC WEBSITE NVC SAYS IT'S OUR LOCAL EMBASSY.  I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING AS TO WHY DO THEY PROLONG THE CASE FOR THIS LONG, NO COMMUNICATION WHATSOEVER. THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY IN DOING THINGS. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Unfortunately, Administrative Processing is "The Great Unknown"..........no one here really knows what checks and procedures are required after the interview.  Perhaps the issue is inside Guyana.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Unfortunately, Administrative Processing is "The Great Unknown"..........no one here really knows what checks and procedures are required after the interview.  Perhaps the issue is inside Guyana.....

Could be... some one from this forum went for his interview K1 today and was approved. I understand each individual case is different. Being in this situation isn't easy especially after suffering a miscarriage without my husband. This all takes a toll on one's overall health.. My stress level is through the ROOF.Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Could be... some one from this forum went for his interview K1 today and was approved. I understand each individual case is different. Being in this situation isn't easy especially after suffering a miscarriage without my husband. This all takes a toll on one's overall health.. My stress level is through the ROOF.Thank you. 

I understand, and I apologize if I seemed insensitive.  This is an EXTREMELY stressful process.  I don't think anyone "outside the process" understands........good luck......Hopefully, you'll see that visa issued soon.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A verbal approval can be overturned and denied during AP so... again some are stuck in it for years. 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

you have applied for a spouse from a high fraud country

sometimes a name is similar to a name from someone and it requies additional security checks

just be glad they did not say fill out a ds5535 as that is taking a year or more

we are all on hold while we complete this process

it can be heartbreaking but going thru this for a marriage is our choice

we, who make it,  are greatful to be together and move on with life

but our journey was 6 years  

your case left NVC 11 of 2018 so you were lucky to get fast interview

but the embassy is not only looking at a relationship

it is their job to protect you,  the USA and the immigrant

that sometimes means extra security checks

BTW  a member did get a visa and was called back to the embassy and it was stamped revoked

it does happen  

nothing is a guarantee

but we all wish you well and can be happy together soon

Forgive me - But how do you know Guyana is a high fraud country? Are there statistics to prove that? I understand what you're saying that this is all done for my protection but seriously how much more can a marriage SUFFER. We HAD a visa then we DIDN'T, we HAD a child and then we DIDN'T, I have a home ready for my partner and I to share but guess what we're not sharing that home because WE'RE APART!!!. We took the step to get married because we want to SPEND OUR LIVES  TOGETHER not to spend it APART..... Thank you.. I hope you understand I'm angry and am not directing my frustration towards you... I will cry it all of my frustration out and feel better. I escalated an inquiry through our local Senator in NYC hopefully I will hear something from her office..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try and focus on the positives.  It sucks, but you’re not alone, and your case is certainly not out of the blue.  This happens to so many people.  You’ll drive yourself nuts stressing over it daily.

Whatever checks they are doing are sometimes not even in the control of the Embassy.  If they need to use an outside/local agency, they are then subject (and you, by extension) to those processing times on top of the US processing times.

Is there any possibility of travelling to see each other?  That would definitely help.  I sympathize as I recently miscarried and I couldn’t imagine going through that alone.

Each day that passes, you are one closer to reuniting.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Try and focus on the positives.  It sucks, but you’re not alone, and your case is certainly not out of the blue.  This happens to so many people.  You’ll drive yourself nuts stressing over it daily.

Whatever checks they are doing are sometimes not even in the control of the Embassy.  If they need to use an outside/local agency, they are then subject (and you, by extension) to those processing times on top of the US processing times.

Is there any possibility of travelling to see each other?  That would definitely help.  I sympathize as I recently miscarried and I couldn’t imagine going through that alone. 

Each day that passes, you are one closer to reuniting.

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage, glad you didn't experience this alone and had the support unlike me it's all I've got so I have to tough it out..Good and bad days. Valid point with the checks and external agencies - didn't think beyond that!! this forum is for us to vent it's my therapy and I appreciate all of the feed back, all of it helps me to cope. I plan on going to see my husband hopefully we will give it another month and take it from there.. Thanks again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, missileman said:

In FY 2018, Guyana had a 70% B visa refusal rate.......that's pretty high.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY18.pdf

But thats B visas only, right?  We understand that B (tourist) visas are very difficult

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Look at the number of people who want to leave a country and what they will do to achieve that as a crude guide.

Do people have a VJ equivalent to cover those wanting to move to that country another.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Forgive me - But how do you know Guyana is a high fraud country? Are there statistics to prove that? I understand what you're saying that this is all done for my protection but seriously how much more can a marriage SUFFER. We HAD a visa then we DIDN'T, we HAD a child and then we DIDN'T, I have a home ready for my partner and I to share but guess what we're not sharing that home because WE'RE APART!!!. We took the step to get married because we want to SPEND OUR LIVES  TOGETHER not to spend it APART..... Thank you.. I hope you understand I'm angry and am not directing my frustration towards you... I will cry it all of my frustration out and feel better. I escalated an inquiry through our local Senator in NYC hopefully I will hear something from her office..

we check out what immigration posts

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.