Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Romei said:

Processing times for the Charlotte centre change drastically it says 11 months to 25 months, i dont know what is going on. I am just frustrated with this whole wait 

Yeah NYC went up to 20.5 - 34 months 

1 hour ago, sgprecision said:

We attended our interview last Friday in San Bernardino, CA. I am awaiting to upload a full report until all is resolved. Immediately we were informed at the interview that my wife's medical was missing from the file and they had ordered a copy from the National Records Center. The IO indicated his approval of her application pending receipt of the medical file. However, the whole interview experience was quite strange. He said he reviewed our file the day before and noticed it was missing, so obviously they check them out in advance. The IO didn't ask for a single financial document or pictures, just birth/marriage/divorce certificates. I am hoping his indication of approval is true. He said if they cannot locate the record, she will have to redo the medical at a civil surgeon. I am a little disappointed that it is lost, and I assume it was lost at POE because of the experience we had. I assume there is little chance the National Records Center has it. So I have to wait probably a month or more to get an RFE, submit the medical exam and wait for approval again. I paid a lot of money for the exams and vaccinations in Mexico, so hopefully they won't have to be redone. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Hi, during my interview I wasn’t asked for anything but I had a missing vaccination (chicken pox vaccination). The IO asked me whether I wanted the RFE there and then or whether I would want it to be sent via mail. I asked for him to give me the letter there and then, got my vaccination and then went back to the office to hand it in. The next day my card was being produced. Maybe you can call and ask them if you can come in to get the letter? I’m not sure if you can do that but it’s worth the try.. It’s easier than waiting but it’s up to you 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Patience089 said:

Do y'all only inquire about the i-765 or both the i-765 and i-131 once you're out of normal processing times?

Plus, once we send in an inquiry they HAVE to look and process our applications, right?
The date changed to March 4th btw

WOW they are moving really fast now!  I think, you can inquire in each application, one inquiry for I-485 and another for I-131 because of the format of the form. It requires to type in the case number which is different in both of the forms.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Now this this has happened!! 

my_logo.png

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of July 31, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

18 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

Now this this has happened!! 

my_logo.png

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

As of July 31, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

That’s good - make sure you check your local field office processing time. My office which is NYC is 20.5 - 34 months so I’ll be stuck at this status for a while lol 

17 hours ago, Romei said:

Processing times for the Charlotte centre change drastically it says 11 months to 25 months, i dont know what is going on. I am just frustrated with this whole wait 

You and I have almost the same timeline. I'm only a day away from making an inquiry for the EAD. I hope it won't stuck there because that would drive me crazy... Also, my field office's waiting time for the interview is pushed back to 13 months to 22 months :( It was 11 months a week ago 😪

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Patience089 said:

Do y'all only inquire about the i-765 or both the i-765 and i-131 once you're out of normal processing times?

Plus, once we send in an inquiry they HAVE to look and process our applications, right?
The date changed to March 4th btw

Yes, only once you’re outside of normal processing times. I would encourage you to call USCIS to inquire, as online inquiries don’t normally really go anywhere. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

That’s good - make sure you check your local field office processing time. My office which is NYC is 20.5 - 34 months so I’ll be stuck at this status for a while lol 

I’m just happy to be getting EAD! It’s been rough 

36 minutes ago, Mrsjackson said:

Yes, only once you’re outside of normal processing times. I would encourage you to call USCIS to inquire, as online inquiries don’t normally really go anywhere. 

Thanks for your advice! I will def do that once I am outside of normal processing times.

10 minutes ago, Cheschirecat said:

I’m just happy to be getting EAD! It’s been rough 

Yeah! I just want mine the boredom is really getting to me now! 

43 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

You and I have almost the same timeline. I'm only a day away from making an inquiry for the EAD. I hope it won't stuck there because that would drive me crazy... Also, my field office's waiting time for the interview is pushed back to 13 months to 22 months :( It was 11 months a week ago 😪

My NOA is 1st march so i am going to call them today and how can this happen? I mean Charlotte filers from January already started to get their interviews. Can it be a glitch??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.