Kyle&Ana

MARCH 2019 - AOS Filers

3,426 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, datnukkahd said:

Huge update on the the USCIS site. It says estimated wait time for EAD and AP approval moved from 6-8 months to 2.5-5 months for the NBC. I really hope its not a glitch or something but I just checked both and 10 minutes ago it was 6-8 months. It literally just changed to 2.5-5 months 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I just checked and wow!! I'm 2 days away from making an inquiry!!

Edited by Gigi2017

So I filed for EAD/AP and AOS at the beginning of March, had my biometrics in April and my fingerprints were approved on 04/15. But none of my cases have updated since then. My AP is even still stuck on case was received. And I get that that’s still inside the current wait times so there’s nothing I can really do about that other than wait. 

My question is - is anyone else’s AOS case (particularly anyone who’s field office is Los Angeles) still stuck on “fingerprint review was completed”? In my understanding this means that my case is still at the NBC and hasn’t even moved to my local field office yet? 

Also when I received my NOA1s my A-number has changed from the one I was given during the K1 process, i did some research and saw it had happened to people before and it wasn’t anything to be concerned about but now I’m worried that it might be slowing things down? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, AOK said:

Also when I received my NOA1s my A-number has changed from the one I was given during the K1 process,

That is very interesting, did you provide your A number from NOA2 for 129F on I-485? It is not suppose to change to the best of my knowledge. Unless maybe name didn't match, and they created entirely new file for you? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Gigi2017 said:

I just checked and wow!! I'm 2 days away from making an inquiry!!

OMG!! I’m so excited!!! 

3 minutes ago, Shiran said:

That is very interesting, did you provide your A number from NOA2 for 129F on I-485? It is not suppose to change to the best of my knowledge. Unless maybe name didn't match, and they created entirely new file for you? 

I provided the A-number that was on my 129F NOA and in my passport for all three forms I filed and the NOA1s that I received back all had a new A-number on them. My name is the same on all forms I’ve filed too 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

Did you call them and ask if they received your biometrics ok? If tier 1 can't see and just tells you that you're still within normal processing times, ask to speak with tier 2. For me and a few people after they called and asked, status actually changed a few days later. Maybe it was a coincidence but it never hurts to try.

Also, which website are you looking at your case on? The "myUSCIS" website never changed status for me. Only the "case status online" tracker semi worked

there is same info in bouth myuscis and case status online. I will call and check at friday, thats the best time get tier2 officer. 

1 hour ago, datnukkahd said:

Huge update on the the USCIS site. It says estimated wait time for EAD and AP approval moved from 6-8 months to 2.5-5 months for the NBC. I really hope its not a glitch or something but I just checked both and 10 minutes ago it was 6-8 months. It literally just changed to 2.5-5 months 

😱😱😱 I Hope this isn’t a glitch!!! Thank you for the update!! 

1 hour ago, AOK said:

So I filed for EAD/AP and AOS at the beginning of March, had my biometrics in April and my fingerprints were approved on 04/15. But none of my cases have updated since then. My AP is even still stuck on case was received. And I get that that’s still inside the current wait times so there’s nothing I can really do about that other than wait. 

My question is - is anyone else’s AOS case (particularly anyone who’s field office is Los Angeles) still stuck on “fingerprint review was completed”? In my understanding this means that my case is still at the NBC and hasn’t even moved to my local field office yet? 

Also when I received my NOA1s my A-number has changed from the one I was given during the K1 process, i did some research and saw it had happened to people before and it wasn’t anything to be concerned about but now I’m worried that it might be slowing things down? 

I'd say the wait is pretty normal. That's correct, that it means that your case is still at the NBC. Some cases change to "ready to be scheduled" a week after biometrics, some wait months. Some cases never even update to "fingerprint review completed." Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed the process up and have them transfer it to your LFO. I feel you that one of the worst aspects of this process is the lack of transparency or logic in timelines but not much you can do about it.

Your AP will likely never change status, that's how it is for most people. Since you filed EAD/AP concurrently, once your EAD gets approved, so will your AP (and you will receive a combo card) but the status will not change online. My AP still says "case received" even though I have my combo card. In terms of your A-Number, mine was also changed when I filed for AOS compared to the one I previously had (although not through K1). I don't think that has anything to do with it or that it has any bearing on the process.

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

4 minutes ago, AOSFairfax said:

I'd say the wait is pretty normal. That's correct, that it means that your case is still at the NBC. Some cases change to "ready to be scheduled" a week after biometrics, some wait months. Some cases never even update to "fingerprint review completed." Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed the process up and have them transfer it to your LFO. I feel you that one of the worst aspects of this process is the lack of transparency or logic in timelines but not much you can do about it.

Your AP will likely never change status, that's how it is for most people. Since you filed EAD/AP concurrently, once your EAD gets approved, so will your AP (and you will receive a combo card) but the status will not change online. My AP still says "case received" even though I have my combo card. In terms of your A-Number, mine was also changed when I filed for AOS compared to the one I previously had (although not through K1). I don't think that has anything to do with it or that it has any bearing on the process.

Ah ok, thank you! This was all really helpful ☺️ This whole process and the lack of info is making me feel like I’m losing my mind so it’s really reassuring to have someone reiterate things! 

6 hours ago, mdma11 said:

Keep checking the status. It will update with tracking information next. Congratulations! 

It just did! and thanks!

Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

On July 30, 2019, the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt Number MSC------------. We mailed your card to the address you gave us. The tracking number assigned is ------------------------------------. You can use your tracking number at www.USPS.com in the Quick Tools Tracking section. If you did not receive the card, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we resend the card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
18 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Oh rant away. I so feel you. My husband’s father is ill. He wants to go back to see him badly. It took weeks to get his doctor in ireland to write a letter about his illness. And he only agreed because he has known the family for years. But of course our local office doesn’t take infopass appointments and he has been trying to get ANYONE from uscis on the phone for two weeks with no luck. Seems they no longer answer the phone. And they’ll probably just reject his claim for expedited AP anyway. I’m basically sure of it. His sister’s wedding is in September and he will need to decide to miss it and potentially the last time he will ever see his father, or to go and be done with this. The idea of him leaving and filing this whole thing from scratch again as married is too much to even imagine after all of this time. I just can’t take this any more. I agree they just want you to give up and go home. I get having to wait for a green card. Fine. But there is NO reason they can’t issue EAD and AP for those on K1 who have already jumped through all the damn hoops to get here! It’s insane!

I’m so sorry to hear that I can’t imagine  the stress , that’s absolutely disgraceful to put someone in that position. Surely they can’t reject his case to expedite ?! Are you calling the main uscis number? I just saw they are now working on March 2nd filers and and processing time has gone back to 2.5-5 months ! I’m absolutely praying this is correct. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, datnukkahd said:

Omg please please let this be true!! Thank you for sharing , everyone say a prayer I’m so desperate I’ve reached breaking point

1 minute ago, Sarah6422 said:

I’m so sorry to hear that I can’t imagine  the stress , that’s absolutely disgraceful to put someone in that position. Surely they can’t reject his case to expedite ?! Are you calling the main uscis number? I just saw they are now working on March 2nd filers and and processing time has gone back to 2.5-5 months ! I’m absolutely praying this is correct. 

Where did you see that!?! We are March!! Fingers crossed. Yes they already said they would not even consider an expedite. They told him they would schedule an infopass for him to speak to someone in person. He hangs up, then an hour later gets an email saying that they tried to reach him to schedule but there was no answer. He was literally sitting on the couch with his phone the whole time. It’s not like he had anywhere else to be lol. It says to call back. But he has not been able to get through since then. He will call again tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers. And to top it all off, I was let go from my job of ten years so we could go to Ireland together (I have all the time in the world now!) but of course we can’t. Sigh...

Received my interview notice yesterday. Received 3 letters from USCIS. First one said interview was scheduled for 30th August, second letter said it was cancelled and third one said I had a new interview for the 12th September! Can’t believe it’s happened this quick for us! Looks like we are going to have the green card before even receiving any EAD/AP which is a great thing. I hope everyone else who hasn’t heard anything has good news soon!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.