Brian&Larissa

Oath Ceremony today!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations

and i describe this as "hurry up and wait"

and yes,  expensive and time consuming 

and i often wonder how someone who doesn't meet the poverty guidelines and needs a cosponsor gets thru it

35 minutes ago, Brian&Larissa said:

Today is the day!  Oath ceremony for my outstanding wife at 1230PM!

What a journey!  Great for it to be finally over.  Never in her life did she think this would happen!  Was this her dream?  No, as she was more concerned about family and life.  However, as we progressed in the process she became more and more excited to get her citizenship and "beautiful blue passport."  

From June 2014 until now, Feb 13th 2019, dealing with USCIS has been an expensive, time consuming, frustrating and grateful journey.  Hurry up and wait!   Hurry up and wait!  I thought I was in the Marines again!  Although, the wait times here were definitely longer than the Marines!

I can't be more proud of my wife!  She entered the US knowing:  Hello and good-bye!  Now she is pretty much fluent!  Her hard work and dedication has paid off!

Here is to my new American citizen...She is my life, my best friend, my lover, my wife...the person I know I can't live without.  Being an American doesn't change how I feel...it only enhances and upgrades my feelings!

She isn't only American to me....She is my Uker-ican!  She will always be her heritage with a mixture of American'ism intertwined!  Hence:  Uker-ican!

Good luck to all of you!  May you feel like I feel when your time arrives!

Congrats !!!!!

45 minutes ago, Brian&Larissa said:

What a journey!  Great for it to be finally over.  Never in her life did she think this would happen!  Was this her dream?  No, as she was more concerned about family and life.  However, as we progressed in the process she became more and more excited to get her citizenship and "beautiful blue passport."  

From June 2014 until now, Feb 13th 2019, dealing with USCIS has been an expensive, time consuming, frustrating and grateful journey.  Hurry up and wait!   Hurry up and wait!  I thought I was in the Marines again!  Although, the wait times here were definitely longer than the Marines!

I can't be more proud of my wife!  She entered the US knowing:  Hello and good-bye!  Now she is pretty much fluent!  Her hard work and dedication has paid off!

Here is to my new American citizen...She is my life, my best friend, my lover, my wife...the person I know I can't live without.  Being an American doesn't change how I feel...it only enhances and upgrades my feelings!

She isn't only American to me....She is my Uker-ican!  She will always be her heritage with a mixture of American'ism intertwined!  Hence:  Uker-ican!

Congratulations to your wife!

10 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Congratulations

and i describe this as "hurry up and wait"

and yes,  expensive and time consuming 

and i often wonder how someone who doesn't meet the poverty guidelines and needs a cosponsor gets thru it

Why wouldn't they? I needed a co-sponsor for my CR1 and I'm a citizen now. 

Filed: Timeline
57 minutes ago, Brian&Larissa said:

Congratulations! What a beautiful story

1 hour ago, Brian&Larissa said:

Congratulations! to you both in this happy journey 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

From one former jarhead to another I will say Semper  Fidelis to you brother.  Even though I was in the Marine Corps back in the 70s I clearly remember hurry up and wait plus field days on Thursday nights!

Congrats to your wife.  We live in Marietta which is just north of Atlanta.  My wife had her citizenship interview two weeks ago and will have her oath ceremony tomorrow morning.  I was very proud the day I graduated from Parris Island but the feelings I have of my wife becoming a US citizen after this long visa journey have taken being proud to a different level.  

May God bless you and your wife.

John and Elizabeth

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I got choked up reading this. I’m so emotional lately, lol. 😂 Congratulations to you and your wife! What a journey! May you continue living a happy and healthy life. 🙂

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

congratulations!

Joyce

2/10/04 - interview date!!!!!!!Got Visa!!!!

3/11/04 - Massimo arrived in USA...Hurray!!!

4/25/04 - Happily Married in New Jersey

5/12/04 - starting AOS papers

5/17/04 - Mailed I-485, 131, (certified mail) to Newark

7/12/04 - Biometrics for AOS done in NYC

2/1/05 - received interview letter for May 16, 2005

5/16/05 - Successful (and fast) AOS interview in Cherry Hill!!!

I751

3/1/07 - mailed I751 package to VSC - regular mail

3/7/07 - cashed 205.00 check

3/9/07 - cashed 70.00 biometrics check

3/16/07 - received blue receipt notice for biometrics fee

3/24/07 - received NOA extending GC for another year

3/24/07 - received Biometrics appointment letter

4/6/07 - Biometrics appointment in Newark at 9am

4/7/07 - touched

4/11/07 - touched

9/28/07 - email received...Card production ordered!

10/4/07 - received congratulations letter in the mail

10/09/07 - 10 year green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.