32 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I hope you are doing great!, Well, I had my K1 interview yesterday in the US Embassy Algiers,Algeria, the whole process was smooth, not too many applicants, the staff was very friendly, the embassy officer asked me usual question :
What is your fiancé's name?
How long have you been together?
How did you meet?
Where did you meet in person?
How many days you spent together and where?
How did your relationship became romantic?
What do you love about him?
What does he do for living?
Can you list his family memebers and where do they live?
Does he live alone?

And then he told me "Congratulations! Your visa has been approved" I was very happy and felt a mountain was off of my back, then he told me i will be back with you, he went for about 10 mins, when he came back he gave me a a form to fill that contains my informations such us 
Name
Address
Siblings and their date of birth
Employers (name, address and employement date)
My emails
My social media accounts
 Told me to fill it and give it back to him
After i did, he gave me a white slip (221g) and told me my case needs some administrative processing and he gave me back my passport and told me we will email you when we are done and ask you to send us your passport,
I left the embassy heart broken, waiting for (god's know how long) they email me... What made me feel sad is because they gave me back my passport. And i am more confused because he approved my application at first, so can you please tell me if you know cases like this or what do you think about it?

IMG_20190122_140824~2-01.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Boby Brars said:

Hey everyone

I hope you are doing great!, Well, I had my K1 interview yesterday in the US Embassy Algiers,Algeria, the whole process was smooth, not too many applicants, the staff was very friendly, the embassy officer asked me usual question :
How did you meet?
Does he live alone?

And then he told me "Congratulations! Your visa has been approved" I was very happy and felt a mountain was off of my back, then he told me i will be back with you, he went for about 10 mins, when he came back he gave me a a form to fill that contains my informations such us 
Name
Address
My emails
My social media accounts
After i did, he gave me a white slip (221g) and told me my case needs some administrative processing and he gave me back my passport and told me we will email you when we are done and ask you to send us your passport,
I left the embassy heart broken, waiting for (god's know how long) they email me... What made me feel sad is because they gave me back my passport. And i am more confused because he approved my application at first, so can you please tell me if you know cases like this or what do you think about it?imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4

all cases go through AP, this is normal, it could be days, weeks, months or years to finish extra background checks, there is nothing that can be done to speed it up or expedite it just have to wait it out. typically AP cases are resolved in 60-90 days just have to be patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 9:11 AM, Khallaf said:

all cases go through AP, this is normal, it could be days, weeks, months or years to finish extra background checks, there is nothing that can be done to speed it up or expedite it just have to wait it out. typically AP cases are resolved in 60-90 days just have to be patient.

This sounds just like my husband case was smooth sailing and then the of our interview 1/14/19 we were shocked to have this happened. I went to the interview with my house I was still in our Country so a week later I tried to make an inquiry but got nothing. I’ve written to the consulate and was sent a automated generated email. This is so unfair our life sits on hold while our file is probably under a pile somewhere. I just found out I am pregnant and I need my husband this is stressful to deal with.. So sad we plan our lives and one person who knows nothing about us can just make a decision just like that and we have no choice to sit and wait in the back burner. We submit all the proof they need. The officer even said you’ve proven that you two are legitimately/legally married then why, “Administrative Review”. May God be with us and help make this process an easy one.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

This sounds just like my husband case was smooth sailing and then the of our interview 1/14/19 we were shocked to have this happened. I went to the interview with my house I was still in our Country so a week later I tried to make an inquiry but got nothing. I’ve written to the consulate and was sent a automated generated email. This is so unfair our life sits on hold while our file is probably under a pile somewhere. I just found out I am pregnant and I need my husband this is stressful to deal with.. So sad we plan our lives and one person who knows nothing about us can just make a decision just like that and we have no choice to sit and wait in the back burner. We submit all the proof they need. The officer even said you’ve proven that you two are legitimately/legally married then why, “Administrative Review”. May God be with us and help make this process an easy one.. 

I know it sucks, My husband was in AP, no reason handed a 221G paper with AP marked, when my husband asked him if there was anything he needed to turn in the CO told him no we have everything just need to review the case further.  I took many steps to fight this couldn't understand, I sent one email no response, sent another got an auto response back, weeks went by I sent another nothing.  I con'tact the state senators office they sent an email same day I sent an email with an expedite letter my doctor had mailed direct to the embassy, within 4 days he got a call to turn in his passport, 4 days after that the embassy had responded to the inquiry from the.  In one week from requesting my husbands passport he got it in hand this was the same day I landed in Egypt to see him.

I don't know what cause the move, or did the AP just run its course, stay positive and be patient, we were in AP for a complete total of 58 days.

Timeline

😥 After the 58 days I’m assuming your husband received the visa? I am so worried, confused and sadden all by this delayed process. I know it sounds gullible of me for even thinking that way many families are dealing with this same dilemma. I feel it’s an extra Security check that basically puts you on edge not knowing what will the outcome be.. I am planing  on going to my local state representative as well this is making me insane - the waiting and not knowing. Thanks for taking the time out to respond to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 1/24/2019 at 11:39 AM, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

😥 After the 58 days I’m assuming your husband received the visa? I am so worried, confused and sadden all by this delayed process. I know it sounds gullible of me for even thinking that way many families are dealing with this same dilemma. I feel it’s an extra Security check that basically puts you on edge not knowing what will the outcome be.. I am planing  on going to my local state representative as well this is making me insane - the waiting and not knowing. Thanks for taking the time out to respond to me. 

I am in the same boat and feel exactly as you do. I was pregnant as well and recently gave birth without my love here due to the long wait in AP & it pains me that we’re stuck in the dark of this black hole of AP with no reassurance or updates.

My fiancé had his interview back in September and we were put in AP with no documents requested and the CO told my fiancé “not to worry”, they just have to verify his divorce documents since fraudulent docs are a big problem in our country. I made an inquiry to the embassy asking if there’s anything they need from us to assist in the AP process and they requested extra divorce documents even though they had all of my fiancé’s official divorce documents already, so we sent whatever we could muster up on Oct. 10 & it was received by embassy on oct. 12th.

My case status updated about 3-4 more times after that and it haven’t updated again since Nov. 5th until I had my senator make a congressional inquiry in Dec. They replied with the same “Case is under AP/Review” email and said unfortunately they can’t give an estimate of when AP will be done due to the security situation going on in my country of Haiti. Which I believe is just an excuse cause Haiti always have something going on and everybody else’s case is getting processed 🙄

If the verifying of his divorce info is what they’re really doing then we’re not worried because we know it’s official and in the court books. But you never know what can happen behind the scenes. Im going on 4 months AP and I think I would feel more at ease if my fiancé was given a decision right at Interview. We’re hoping for the best and trying to remain positive/patient but it is hard! 

I will keep all of you in in my prayers & hope we all receive good news soon if you haven’t already! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
14 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

will keep all of you in in my prayers & hope we all receive good news soon if you haven’t already! 

Amen and you

Thanks everybody for your replies you cheered me up a little, so, all I have to do is wait and we'll see, i hope for all of us to hear something soon, because the I know how it really hurts to be away from your love one and you don't have clue when, so... if  anybody heard something tell us and i will do the same, thank you again :) :) :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi , I have submitted my required documents after interview to dhl on the 25th of January. Embassy did not notify me if my documents have been received, though 2 days later after submitting the docs, my status was updated and till date, it has not been updated, so how can I be sure the embassy have received my docs?

Also, a friend of mine got his visa issued just 3 days after submitting the required docs, and from administrative processing, it changed to issued. Am just surprised mine haven't been issued or do they want extra documents from me? Please can anyone share idea on this issue? Thanks.

Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, gsdc23 said:

I am in the same boat and feel exactly as you do. I was pregnant as well and recently gave birth without my love here due to the long wait in AP & it pains me that we’re stuck in the dark of this black hole of AP with no reassurance or updates.

My fiancé had his interview back in September and we were put in AP with no documents requested and the CO told my fiancé “not to worry”, they just have to verify his divorce documents since fraudulent docs are a big problem in our country. I made an inquiry to the embassy asking if there’s anything they need from us to assist in the AP process and they requested extra divorce documents even though they had all of my fiancé’s official divorce documents already, so we sent whatever we could muster up on Oct. 10 & it was received by embassy on oct. 12th.

My case status updated about 3-4 more times after that and it haven’t updated again since Nov. 5th until I had my senator make a congressional inquiry in Dec. They replied with the same “Case is under AP/Review” email and said unfortunately they can’t give an estimate of when AP will be done due to the security situation going on in my country of Haiti. Which I believe is just an excuse cause Haiti always have something going on and everybody else’s case is getting processed 🙄

If the verifying of his divorce info is what they’re really doing then we’re not worried because we know it’s official and in the court books. But you never know what can happen behind the scenes. Im going on 4 months AP and I think I would feel more at ease if my fiancé was given a decision right at Interview. We’re hoping for the best and trying to remain positive/patient but it is hard! 

I will keep all of you in in my prayers & hope we all receive good news soon if you haven’t already! 

Have you heard anything?  In a few days will be a month I planned on emailing them again.  If not you can go to your USCIS account and request an INFO pass and go into the local office and meet with an immigration officer who can shed some light on your case.  That's my plan but just allowing the allocated processing times to pass.  Its extremely difficult to get an appointment you have to be awake in the wee hours of the am to even get an appointment.  This is basically what an attorney will do, but they have much easier access to getting an appointment.  Hope this was helpful.  Lets stay in touch and share how this all work out.  Good luck. 

Timeline
On 1/29/2019 at 5:07 AM, Boby Brars said:

My case was updated twice in the first week after the interview, but still under Administrative Processing,

is that a good sign?

It can mean anything at this point. They possibly can be looking into something on your file or updating some new found information. The only way you know for sure if you’re almost at the end of AP (in most cases) is when your K1 Visa status change from immigrant to Nonimmigrant with a new case creation date. Other than that the updates are a mystery. 

1 hour ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

Have you heard anything?  In a few days will be a month I planned on emailing them again.  If not you can go to your USCIS account and request an INFO pass and go into the local office and meet with an immigration officer who can shed some light on your case.  That's my plan but just allowing the allocated processing times to pass.  Its extremely difficult to get an appointment you have to be awake in the wee hours of the am to even get an appointment.  This is basically what an attorney will do, but they have much easier access to getting an appointment.  Hope this was helpful.  Lets stay in touch and share how this all work out.  Good luck. 

I have not heard anything yet, but thank you for that info, I thought those infopass appts are helpful only if your case was still in the US. I will do further research on that, thank you!

Itll be 5 months since my interview, on feb 19th & 4 months since my additional docs were received on Feb. 12th. I will be contacting my local ombudsman to see if I can get help from them as well because even though my case was last updated on “Jan. 4th” it’s only cause a congressional inquiry was made and they responded. My case was last touched on its own by the embassy on Nov. 5th. No automatic updates since then. I’m hoping the best for us all and hopefully we get some good news soon. 🤗

Timeline
On 1/30/2019 at 2:39 PM, Harrison okotogha said:

Hi , I have submitted my required documents after interview to dhl on the 25th of January. Embassy did not notify me if my documents have been received, though 2 days later after submitting the docs, my status was updated and till date, it has not been updated, so how can I be sure the embassy have received my docs?

Also, a friend of mine got his visa issued just 3 days after submitting the required docs, and from administrative processing, it changed to issued. Am just surprised mine haven't been issued or do they want extra documents from me? Please can anyone share idea on this issue? Thanks.

If your status updated after you sent over those docs that most likely means they received it because they update your case when things like that occur. You can always send in an email to your embassy to confirm that the docs were received as well. 

Every case is different, even though your friends case got issued so fast doesn’t mean yours will, no matter how similar your case may seem. Everyone goes through different forms/time lengths of AP. There could be something that they’re further reviewing in your file or they can be waiting for confirmation/verification of a submitted document from another business. You just never know. All I know is they will only contact the applicant if they need additinal docs, to investigate something, or to provide you with the decision made on your Visa. No verbal updates about about what’s happening with your case in between. Just have to be patient. I know it’s hard but there is nothing else that can be done.

I hope you hear something soon if you haven’t already. Keep this thread updated. 

Edited by gsdc23

14 hours ago, gsdc23 said:

It can mean anything at this point. They possibly can be looking into something on your file or updating some new found information. The only way you know for sure if you’re almost at the end of AP (in most cases) is when your K1 Visa status change from immigrant to Nonimmigrant with a new case creation date. Other than that the updates are a mystery

so, eventually, i will have to just wait more without having high hopes, thank you so much for your help, if anything new happened, i will share with you, and you do the same :) good luck to us all! (y) (y)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 6:30 PM, Boby Brars said:

Hey everyone

How did you meet?
Does he live alone?

Name
Address
My emails
My social media accounts
I left the embassy heart broken, waiting for (god's know how long) they email me... What made me feel sad is because they gave me back my passport. And i am more confused because he approved my application at first, so can you please tell me if you know cases like this or what do you think about it?imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4imageproxy.php?img=&key=ea9668e88603f7d4

K1 visa 

my interview was 22 jan ,  end of the interview CO gave me 221G with big smile 😄n said your case is in AP we will contact you ! they didn't kept my passport even they didn't tell why they are refusing me 😭 they didn't required any doc from us .. 💔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.