dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

Hi there.  You will have to wait until uscia approve your petition before moving forward and based on your service center the timeline varies.   

Check out this thread;   

It's for January 2018 filers of a I130 i'm not sure if one for 2019 has started yet but if not. You can create one. 

not a good idea join that, I will look and send it heere

9 hours ago, Keila_27 said:

Wow congrats! Happy for you

Thanks so much.  It seems like forever we started this process.  Just a little more and it will be over and our family will finally be together.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, V&H said:

NVC accept all my IRS and joint sponsor IRS Tax year 2015-2016-2017 , but my wife get interview in February , did my wife really need to bring IRS or tax 2018 into interview or do not need to bring the Tax  of 2018 ? please help ... thankyou

If she will have 2018 then bring it if not no worried cause u sent in 3 years already and the requirment is 1 year

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, nyokie said:

not a good idea join that, I will look and send it heere

I'm not sure what you are confused about regarding my post. I was simply directing him to a topic where he could see what's mext. I also mentioned that it was for 2018 and if there wasn't a thread for 2019 he could start one. Just saying 🤷‍♀️

Timeline

Does anyone know about using Joint Sponsors for my wife?

Specifically, is there a limit on the amount of sponsors I can use?

I do not meet the minimum income requirements myself; so, i was going to use these two as Joint Sponsors: 

1) My Uncle and his income

2.) My household members (father and mother) and their assets

I'm just not sure if i'm allowed to use BOTH of the above.  Because the chart on this (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html) page kinda makes it seem like I can only choose one box on this chart, not two. 

Edited by catmonkey

6 hours ago, Marie85 said:

Hi there.  You will have to wait until uscia approve your petition before moving forward and based on your service center the timeline varies.   

Check out this thread;   

It's for January 2018 filers of a I130 i'm not sure if one for 2019 has started yet but if not. You can create one. 

Oh okay!thank you. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, catmonkey said:

Does anyone know about using Joint Sponsors for my wife?

Specifically, is there a limit on the amount of sponsors I can use?

I do not meet the minimum income requirements myself; so, i was going to use these two as Joint Sponsors: 

1) My Uncle and his income

2.) My household members (father and mother) and their assets

I'm just not sure if i'm allowed to use BOTH of the above.  Because the chart on this (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html) page kinda makes it seem like I can only choose one box on this chart, not two. 

If i were you, I would only pick one person as my joint sponsor to make it easier for you and for NVC. Pick one person who has enough for both the beneficiary and their dependants included.

The joint sponsor (i864 FORM, NOT including your household memebers) alone has to make the income amount.

You, yourself can only combine your income (i864A FORM) and your household income together and if you all reach the amount including the beneficiary, you DO NOT need another sponsor.

Keep in mind you also have to file i864 yourself even though you don't make enough. 

3 hours ago, Eli4 said:

Did you get to know sth if the Government shutdown will impact our cases?

No not yet, waiting for response. But I can see people's cases are moving forward so don't think that the shutdown is taking effect at the moment. Let me know if you get any information please. Thanks 😊

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Gah! Just got off the phone with NVC

I have been submitting documents - Affidavit of support - submitted, accepted.   Tax transcripts - submitted, accepted.  

Birth certificate keeps getting rejected with various changing reasons.  Called them tonight and was told that the problem appears to be that my step daughter from Mozambique needs a birth certificate from South Africa (!?!?)

"And how shall I get that?" I politely enquired - to which I got a response -

"yeah doesnt really make any sense to me either - I see your point, It says they a 'birth entry number' to write down to proceed." 

To which I respond...  

"Ok, open the submitted document.  The first line of the document says "Assunto de Nascimento Numero  8xxxx"  "That translates roughly to Birth Entry number"  

"Yeah, strange I see that too - I dont know the stamp on the back of the document is a little blurry."  Maybe they want the stamp to be clear?" 

"I can send your case to a supervisor if you would like, but it could take 6 weeks for an answer - it could be sooner, but it could be six weeks.... 

I am wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue. I lived in Canada for two months and listed it on my DS261, I didn't even consider that they might request a Canadian police certificate for such a short stay. Apparently I was naive because when I went to upload my docs it there it was, Canada police certificate under the required docs. I called the NVC and the guy said it's fine to just ignore it given it was not even close to 6 months let alone the 12 months they list on their website. I wrote a comment citing their website and confirming that an NVC representative had told me it was okay to leave the certificate blank, but I'm very nervous that they'll reject it and still make me get one. I do not want to be forced to extend the visa process waiting for this certificate and to drop another few hundred dollars on something I shouldn't need, but I dare say that's going to be the outcome.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the system? I know it's probably a long shot and seems to just be bad luck for me, but thought I would see if anyone had a hopeful story! 

45 minutes ago, Ashlyyynnnn said:

I am wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue. I lived in Canada for two months and listed it on my DS261, I didn't even consider that they might request a Canadian police certificate for such a short stay. Apparently I was naive because when I went to upload my docs it there it was, Canada police certificate under the required docs. I called the NVC and the guy said it's fine to just ignore it given it was not even close to 6 months let alone the 12 months they list on their website. I wrote a comment citing their website and confirming that an NVC representative had told me it was okay to leave the certificate blank, but I'm very nervous that they'll reject it and still make me get one. I do not want to be forced to extend the visa process waiting for this certificate and to drop another few hundred dollars on something I shouldn't need, but I dare say that's going to be the outcome.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the system? I know it's probably a long shot and seems to just be bad luck for me, but thought I would see if anyone had a hopeful story! 

Are you living in Canada right now? If not, this shouldn't be an issue. I was living in UAE for 5-6 months a couple of years ago and when we submitted by papers via CEAC, the system asked for my UAE Police certificate too. We just left a comment in there saying that "as per requirements, a UAE police certificate is not needed since it's neither my country of current stay nor did I spend more than 12 months there" .  I was worried they would still ask for it, but all my civil documents got accepted and that comment was accepted too. Don't quote me, but I think you should be good:)

9 minutes ago, Rohit07 said:

Are you living in Canada right now? If not, this shouldn't be an issue. I was living in UAE for 5-6 months a couple of years ago and when we submitted by papers via CEAC, the system asked for my UAE Police certificate too. We just left a comment in there saying that "as per requirements, a UAE police certificate is not needed since it's neither my country of current stay nor did I spend more than 12 months there" .  I was worried they would still ask for it, but all my civil documents got accepted and that comment was accepted too. Don't quote me, but I think you should be good:)

That's very encouraging thank you! Not in Canada right now, haven't set foot there since I spent the two months there so fingers crossed I get the same outcome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.