Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Can someone please clarify for me when I am looking at some people's timeline, I notice that some say Packet 1, Packet 2, Packet 3? What are the different packets for? Some people only submit 1 packet?

Can you show an example of time line you are looking at? The only "Packet" I typically hear people refer to is "Packet 3" which is information packet that is sent to beneficiary from Embassy outlying steps and documents they need for the interview.It is not in fact called "Packet 3" on any official embassy sites that I've seen, so i am guessing the name is artifact of some legacy processes. Not all embasies sent it, and in many cases it is purely digital In case embassy in Ukraine it is readily available online for everyone's perusal. https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-forms/ Unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case with other embassies. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shiran said:

Can you show an example of time line you are looking at? The only "Packet" I typically hear people refer to is "Packet 3" which is information packet that is sent to beneficiary from Embassy outlying steps and documents they need for the interview.It is not in fact called "Packet 3" on any official embassy sites that I've seen, so i am guessing the name is artifact of some legacy processes. Not all embasies sent it, and in many cases it is purely digital In case embassy in Ukraine it is readily available online for everyone's perusal. https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-forms/ Unfortunately doesn't seem to be the case with other embassies. 

I see....It is just when you look at someone's timeline that they fill out that says "packet 2 sent:" "packet 3 set:" and I see that some people put dates for each one, while others only for the first packet and then the interview date. 

I think I get the gist of it...

2 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

I see....It is just when you look at someone's timeline that they fill out that says "packet 2 sent:" "packet 3 set:" and I see that some people put dates for each one, while others only for the first packet and then the interview date. 

I think I get the gist of it...

There is evidence that the identify Packet 3 is used officially by embassy's in particular as an example is Canada https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  Another example is Thailand's website found here: https://th.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/packets/

Packet 3 is the "Instruction Package" For standard processing consulate's, this is what the embassy sends out when it receives the petition from NVC. Some embassy's require you return packet 3 with DS-160 Part II to request your interview be scheduled where others only require you to follow the instructions which includes scheduling your own interview.

Packet 4 is the "Appointment Package" This is the package that has the interview appointment and the final checklist of what to bring to the interview. Many embassy's only will send you Packet 3 for those who will schedule their own interviews.

Some Embassy's will send you a letter/email that directs you to their website for instructions and do not send a P3 to you as it is located on their website for your use.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I'm happy to be joining this group--we received our NOA2 approval notice today! Thanks Greenbaum for the advice and important links. Do they now contact the beneficiary for the next step, no longer the USC?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to find how to update my signature...help?

Edited by shiestand

Met at a bar: 03/17/17

Engaged: 07/27/18

Filed I129f: 08/06/18

NOA1: 08/13/18

NOA2: 01/09/19

case shipped: 02/05/19

case received: 02/16/19

P3 letter: 02/16/19

Medical: 02/15/19

Interview: 03/05/19 - Approved

Visa received: 03/15/19

US entry (Chicago): 06/13/19

Marriage: 08/17/19

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 09/03/19

NOA1: 09/19/19

Biometrics: 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, shiestand said:

I'm happy to be joining this group--we received our NOA2 approval notice today! Thanks Greenbaum for the advice and important links. Do they now contact the beneficiary for the next step, no longer the USC?

Thanks!

For signature try https://www.visajourney.com/settings/signature/

The way I understand it, it still fall to USC to get the case number from NVC which might take a few weeks. Once you have case number, and visa transferred to US embassy in UK, and is ready, then it become up to beneficiary to fill out DS-160 etc.

Edited by Shiran

18 hours ago, HP+IC said:

I am not sure I can quite catch the idea. After you get approved the schedule becomes more or less clear. It seems that everyone gets anxious and starts calling the NVC at some point to get the case number. My fiance seems to be reluctant about calling and would prefer to email them if at all. Generally he thinks that we should wait till the embassy receives our file and notifies us accordingly  to schedule medical and the interview in one week. We are not in a hurry as all our paperwork (police clearance, I-134, photos, Viber logs etc) is 90% ready for the interview and my K2 kid must finish school by the end of May. Am I missing any important point? Shall I ask him to check with NVC in a few weeks? Nothing comes to my mind except for NOA2 being only valid for 4 months before the interview

yes you can email them by sending an inquiry. others prefer to call so they will know immediately the case number or if nvc received their file already. when I email them it took about 1 week when they respond my inquiry but surely they will reply we will just wait patiently. Anyway, once your file is in transit the NVC will email you. make sure your mailbox is not full. I suggest you will join a sub form specifically intended to the embassy where you have your interview. greenbaum can give you some details, if you want to know in advance how your embassy works or process your file. congrats in your approval

Edited by j.b.

11 hours ago, shiestand said:

I'm happy to be joining this group--we received our NOA2 approval notice today! Thanks Greenbaum for the advice and important links. Do they now contact the beneficiary for the next step, no longer the USC? YES

Thanks!

Go up to the top of the page and select your "name". In the drop down box choose "account settings" then on the left column select signature and scroll down and add your information. Now others will have a quick idea where you are in the process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

20 minutes ago, Gregor Hanston said:

Just received notice today from USCIS that my I-129f has been approved!! E-mail and text message. Letter to arrive later.

Congrats. Glad to have you. Please read over the items contained in the first post of this thread, they will come in handy along the way.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got approved today and I immediately updated my timeline. Noa1 August 22 (old) and August 27 (new). I'm a new addition to this thread. Hope we'll get smooth sail of a process..😊

5 hours ago, Mark and Rosa said:

We just got approved today and I immediately updated my timeline. Noa1 August 22 (old) and August 27 (new). I'm a new addition to this thread. Hope we'll get smooth sail of a process..😊

Congrats. Glad to have you. Please read over the items contained in the first post of this thread, they will come in handy along the way.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 4:36 PM, Shiran said:

You haven't tried calling to check if your case was received by NVC yet? 

i tried the AskNVC and they responded that they still haven't receive our petition and it can take least 6 weeks  for them to received it according to the email i've got from them

US Date of Entry:                                 05/11/2019

Date of Marriage:                                06/28/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Sent :                  07/31/2019

I-485 / I-765 / I-131 Received:           08/01/2019

Credit Card Charged:                           08/05/2019
I-485 / I-765 / I-131 NOA1 :                08/05/2019    
Biometrics Letter Received :              08/16/2019
Biometrics Appointment Date :         08/29/2019

Timeline
4 hours ago, ErickandLeo said:

i tried the AskNVC and they responded that they still haven't receive our petition and it can take least 6 weeks  for them to received it according to the email i've got from them

6 weeks is their standard response, yes. My case is not at NVC yet after 2 weeks. Also both old and new site still haven't been updated. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Shiran said:

6 weeks is their standard response, yes. My case is not at NVC yet after 2 weeks. Also both old and new site still haven't been updated. 

My fiance is back to N.Y. and looked into his post box. Our actual NOA2 date is Dec 31 instead of Jan 2, the old website says 'received', the new one was updated with Jan 2nd and remains the same. According to info on NOA2 we may take a break for a month and wait till NVC emails him. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.