Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
Just now, Prizm123 said:

picking up a side hustle to prepare to make more money for when she gets here.....

That's awesome! What are you going to be doing??

9 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

That's awesome! What are you going to be doing??

just signed up to drive for lyft. hopefully it works out alright, not gonna be doing the late night drunks though lol

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, itsjustcassiee said:

The forum is so quiet on the weekends. I hope everyone is doing something fun!

Yup! It's Neil's Birthday, and we're celebrating! Pizza, presents, and maybe a Google-Earth date!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

just signed up to drive for lyft. hopefully it works out alright, not gonna be doing the late night drunks though lol

Hey, I hear those late night drunks pay pretty well!

1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Yup! It's Neil's Birthday, and we're celebrating! Pizza, presents, and maybe a Google-Earth date!

That's awesome!!! I remember reading your story on your profile!! I'm excited that we're all getting so close to being done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, itsjustcassiee said:

Hey, I hear those late night drunks pay pretty well!

That's awesome!!! I remember reading your story on your profile!! I'm excited that we're all getting so close to being done!

Thank you for being interested enough to have read that! I'm excited, too, for all of us!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 3/9/2019 at 8:38 AM, Greenbaum said:

This is a website that is dedicated to those who are processing a visa from the US Embassy in China. I personally don't have a lot of knowledge so "buyer be where".

http://candleforlove.com/

From another VJ member who had firsthand knowledge provided this information.

GUZ takes on average 30 days to deliver P3, it is not electronic.
I can tell you that P3 for GUZ is only 4 line items
1. DS-160 Confirmation Page
2. Copy of Passport Personal Page
3. 2 Passport style photos White Background, Well Lit, 50mm x 50mm
4. Return the P3 instructions page

#4 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview.

An individual with an approved petition and a priority date that is current for processing (when applicable) is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa or K nonimmigrant visa. Immigrant visa applicants will be notified by either the National Visa Center (NVC)

And don't forget the help from other members here:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect
http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

or the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China(I provided your website for you below), go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print Bank deposit slip. just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa.  

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp  

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for me under non-immigrant.  

You follow the P3.

@Greenbaum - this is all great information.  Thank you!  Just FYI - we are required to use CEAC, so our fees were paid electronically and were required prior to the system allowing us to fill out the Immigrant Visa Application DS-160.  I completed that last night, printed the confirmation page (with barcode) and submitted it via CEAC.

Next step is to gather and upload the Civil Documents ... then fill out the Affidavit of Support (which has it’s own, additional documentation to submit).  Refer to the old adage, “How to Eat an Elephant”. ;)

I am reading up on the Consulate in Guangzhou, and the link you provided says that it can take 1-4 months to get an interview after the NVC submits the case to the Consulate.  

That is disturbing news. I am only in China until end of June and want to bring my wife (and her geeencard) home with me when I leave.  Due to tax law, I cannot return to China the rest of the year or I will have to pay up to 45% of my salary to China in taxes.  Obviously, I can’t do that, so if we can’t get the process completed before July, she is on her own.  That presents additional, financial hardships for me.

Bottom line is that we need to move the process along as quickly as possible.  I need to find out more information about the medical exam. Specifically, what is required to schedule an appointment and where the closest facility to do that is, and how long the exam results are valid.  Don’t want any problem at the interview due to a long, scheduling delay.  I saw a link for information on the medical exam and will try to follow-up today.  

Please note that that we are already married, so a K-Visa is not an option.  The USCIS terminated that application in favor of the full I-130 process.  So, I believe that our visa type must be a CR-1.

Hopefully submitting everything online through CEAC will expedite the process a little and we can hit the end of June deadline.

Thanks again for your strong support and help.  I don’t know how you find the time to do it, but you help a lot of people here.

God bless.

19 hours ago, Frank-n-Tina said:

@Greenbaum - this is all great information.  Thank you!  Just FYI - we are required to use CEAC, so our fees were paid electronically and were required prior to the system allowing us to fill out the Immigrant Visa Application DS-160.  I completed that last night, printed the confirmation page (with barcode) and submitted it via CEAC.

Next step is to gather and upload the Civil Documents ... then fill out the Affidavit of Support (which has it’s own, additional documentation to submit).  Refer to the old adage, “How to Eat an Elephant”. ;)

I am reading up on the Consulate in Guangzhou, and the link you provided says that it can take 1-4 months to get an interview after the NVC submits the case to the Consulate.  

That is disturbing news. I am only in China until end of June and want to bring my wife (and her geeencard) home with me when I leave.  Due to tax law, I cannot return to China the rest of the year or I will have to pay up to 45% of my salary to China in taxes.  Obviously, I can’t do that, so if we can’t get the process completed before July, she is on her own.  That presents additional, financial hardships for me.

Bottom line is that we need to move the process along as quickly as possible.  I need to find out more information about the medical exam. Specifically, what is required to schedule an appointment and where the closest facility to do that is, and how long the exam results are valid.  Don’t want any problem at the interview due to a long, scheduling delay.  I saw a link for information on the medical exam and will try to follow-up today.  

Please note that that we are already married, so a K-Visa is not an option.  The USCIS terminated that application in favor of the full I-130 process.  So, I believe that our visa type must be a CR-1.

Hopefully submitting everything online through CEAC will expedite the process a little and we can hit the end of June deadline.

Thanks again for your strong support and help.  I don’t know how you find the time to do it, but you help a lot of people here.

God bless.

Well yes a K-1 is NOT the option and you have a CR-1 and therefore you are not only confusing me but I am afraid others will be confused or will follow your steps and it will be totally WRONG. You really need to be in the CR=1 thread and not the K-1 thread. Let's pretty much why we label it a K-1 in the title. Crazy me assumed that you were a K-1. I wish you the best but I can't help you as I have now knowledge how the CR-1 is adjudicated.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hoping we get the P3 email tomorrow. Fiancée is doing medical right now! She is just waiting for vaccines then done! Hopefully everyone else is seeing progress. Everything is flying by for us now so far thank God!

Timeline
1 hour ago, clw654321 said:

Hoping we get the P3 email tomorrow. Fiancée is doing medical right now! She is just waiting for vaccines then done! Hopefully everyone else is seeing progress. Everything is flying by for us now so far thank God!

Jean is doing her medical right now also. Dont they do the vaccines on day 2?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mark&Jean said:

Jean is doing her medical right now also. Dont they do the vaccines on day 2?

No. They have to wait a couple hours to do the vaccines after everything else. All can be done in one day

Edited by clw654321
A

Timeline
Just now, clw654321 said:

No. They have to wait a couple hours to do the vaccines. All can be done in one day

Oh nice. Jean just message me saying they are on lunch. She is at the USA counter and still has labs to do then she is done with the exception of the vaccines.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.