56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, JFH said:

Looks like there are now more questions than answers. 

If I had left a child behind, I wouldn’t even need to ask what to do next. Surely the love for your child is stronger than the desire for a new life in America? 

Totally agree with you!

Timeline

I don't need to tell everyone or post my life story online. Appreciate the suggestions but hate the judgement from other people. 

Some just love to bash even when they don't know the whole story. I just wish these bashers will not go through what I am experiencing right now. I do not wish anything bad for them...but I know karma is real. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Maria711 said:

I don't need to tell everyone or post my life story online. Appreciate the suggestions but hate the judgement from other people. 

Some just love to bash even when they don't know the whole story. I just wish these bashers will not go through what I am experiencing right now. I do not wish anything bad for them...but I know karma is real. 

No you don't, but you did, and on a public forum.  Seems like most of the suggestions provided are that you ask family and friends for money to return home which would be a natural suggestion considering a child was left back in your home country.   

Read this thread a few times and really don't see anyone "bashing" you.  They are just questioning your motives and your story which seems to have more wholes in it than a slice of swiss cheese.    Sorry this is all happening to you but I know Karma is real too.

Please note that at any point you can ask the moderators to close this thread.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With the information supplied on this thread, and i realise now there is more to this story, all the answers seems pretty obvious.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

OP said she had been visiting regularly and maximizing her stay. How did you finance previous trips? How is it that on this trip you have run out of money despite the sale of a house and car? Who cared for your son on previous trips? If you were planning to bring him here, what does his father say about that? Given that your child is settled in your home country, his father may not grant permission for him to leave (especially to live with an unemployed man who can’t even file the paperwork), you have no money or status here and no way of obtaining money or status (you cannot work until your EAD is approved and you cannot get that until your husband files the paperwork), the obvious answer is to go back. I know you say you love this man but I suggest you seek counseling because it’s not good for you to love a person who manipulates you and is cruel to you like this. It will only get worse. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

OP, I'm not bashing you and I empathize with your situation. However, you cannot force your husband to file the paperwork for you to stay legally and you are not really "stuck",  you have a return plane ticket already, the one with the Oct. 3 return date. Why not contact the airline and arrange to change the ticket?? It may cost a few hundred dollars, but better than the cost of a new one. For your and your child's benefit, it's time to return home to your country.

Timeline
1 hour ago, theresaL said:

OP, I'm not bashing you and I empathize with your situation. However, you cannot force your husband to file the paperwork for you to stay legally and you are not really "stuck",  you have a return plane ticket already, the one with the Oct. 3 return date. Why not contact the airline and arrange to change the ticket?? It may cost a few hundred dollars, but better than the cost of a new one. For your and your child's benefit, it's time to return home to your country.

If she did not cancel the return ticket prior to the original return date, she would not be able to get any credit for it.  She would need to purchase a new ticket.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, debbiedoo said:

the whole 2 people on this site who like me. it really must be the christmas season 😂

I think I maybe number 4 or 5......sometimes my Southern “sensitivities” are surprised by your directness.....but you are usually spot on and correct in your responses.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I may be missing something somewhere in this thread, but how are you stuck if you had a return ticket? If your husband was at all jeopardizing your ability to legally fulfill your immigration, which it sounds like he is in multiple ways, you should have used that ticket. Your son deserves better and so do you. That alone should greatly outweigh any love you may have for a person who is not putting very much into your relationship or process. If you have no money, can't work, and he won't work, then I don't see any other options here. Basic necessities aside, immigration and adjusting your status is not free of cost.

He is literally choosing actions and decisions that he knows will negatively impact your ability to remain here successfully. That should be enough of a sign.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.