Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, B-B said:

Wait what does that mean for people who applied for it way before like in December? Can I make an inquiry?

I did that. We'll see what happens. I should expect a reply by Aug 22 but that is still a long way away and my  PD would've been up by then too. 😂

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey all,

I am glad they updated the processing times.

Yesterday night, after 232 days my case for EAD has finally been updated to "New card is being produced" :)

Finally! 

I know it has been said 200 times, but how long does it usually take to have the card in hand from now?

Thank you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
8 hours ago, Wing2 said:

I did that. We'll see what happens. I should expect a reply by Aug 22 but that is still a long way away and my  PD would've been up by then too. 😂

Haha I did the same thing and mine PD would also be done by then! Fingers crossed we hear something back sooner!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Gamisha said:

Hey all,

Yesterday night, after 232 days my case for EAD has finally been updated to "New card is being produced" :)

Finally! 

I know it has been said 200 times, but how long does it usually take to have the card in hand from now?

Thank you.

Mine took 7 days. So, yours might get to you by next Tuesday.

Edited by C💏A

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife and I went to the interview today. She was verbally approved for her 2 year conditional Residency! We are super excited! Our official was nice and courteous, she didnt make us feel uncomfortable at all. Nothing crazy was asked, just the normal yes, no questions out of the I485. The official did ask me how we met and when and where I proposed to my wife. She asked for proof that her and I share assets, I gave her several documents of which she kept. She also asked my wife when we got married and what my wifes parents names were. My wife had to have an interpreter and lady was very good at her job! In and out within 25 mins. The official said her GC should arrive within 2 weeks. We cant wait to visit the beach and her hometown in Mexico!

Timeline has been updated!

11 minutes ago, GyC said:

My wife and I went to the interview today. She was verbally approved for her 2 year conditional Residency! We are super excited! Our official was nice and courteous, she didnt make us feel uncomfortable at all. Nothing crazy was asked, just the normal yes, no questions out of the I485. The official did ask me how we met and when and where I proposed to my wife. She asked for proof that her and I share assets, I gave her several documents of which she kept. She also asked my wife when we got married and what my wifes parents names were. My wife had to have an interpreter and lady was very good at her job! In and out within 25 mins. The official said her GC should arrive within 2 weeks. We cant wait to visit the beach and her hometown in Mexico!

Timeline has been updated!

Congrats! Received mine in 6 business days:) ( 2 days were a weekend) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gamisha said:

Hey all,

Finally! 

Thank you.

Mine took 4 Days, keep an eye on the mail.

got the GC few days ago. heres the timeline

Dec 18 - Docs Mailed

Dec 27, 2018 - Priority Date

Dec 31 - Checks cashed

Jan 11 - Biometrics Done

June 10 - Expedite EAD Request Sent - Faxed all docs

June 11 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

June 13 - Interview is scheduled

July 15 - EAD approved

July 19 - EAD received in mail

July 23 - Interview

July 24 - Green Card Approved

July 30 - Green Card received

for Chicago 7 months from a B2. not bad.

Edited by absolut..

Hi All,

So for those of us who have 200+ days waiting on these approvals for EAD/AP, is it still possible to get a RFE? (meaning it will prolong the process even more than it already has been) 😒 Has anyone here received an RFE after waiting 215+ day? I'm currently 215 today 😣

29 minutes ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi All,

So for those of us who have 200+ days waiting on these approvals for EAD/AP, is it still possible to get a RFE? (meaning it will prolong the process even more than it already has been) 😒 Has anyone here received an RFE after waiting 215+ day? I'm currently 215 today 😣

Sure. EAD and AP RFEs come at the very end of the process right before approval.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Hi All,

If you are at 215 days, you can probably make an inquiry since processing times have changed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone have experience with RFE's after the AOS interview? 

My interview was July 1st and we have not heard back yet. The lady at the interview said my wife might get an RFE to verify her vaccines. I was just wondering how long it takes to get the RFE so we can fix the issue. 

I know it won't help but we will call the USCIS tomorrow to see if they have any information.

1 hour ago, philipk1 said:

Does anyone have experience with RFE's after the AOS interview? 

My interview was July 1st and we have not heard back yet. The lady at the interview said my wife might get an RFE to verify her vaccines. I was just wondering how long it takes to get the RFE so we can fix the issue. 

I know it won't help but we will call the USCIS tomorrow to see if they have any information.

You would have likely received an RFE right away unless they are having trouble finding your medical records or your office is backlogged and they havent had time to issue the RFE (which I doubt).

Give them a call.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/31/2019 at 3:20 PM, Gamisha said:

Hey all,

Finally! 

Thank you.

I was notified my card is being produced on Monday and according to the USPS tracking number it is arriving in the next 3 hours, so 4 full days to arrive (sitting at home waiting for it as I type this!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.