Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
17 hours ago, carumanto said:

Celebrating today our 300 days waiting for Aos or EAD!! 

Was as wondering if there is anyone else in the same situation. 

Would appreciate any advice as well. 

Thanks! 

That's unfortunate, have you tried contacting them and asking about your status.  or expedite EAD? anything?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are currently driving home from the green card interview! It was sort of underwhelming, hahaha, not at all what I expected. I was super nervous all morning, and I feel silly for it now. 
All she took from us were our joint bank account statements, and a utility bill showing we live together. Asked my husband what my birthday is and where I was born. Went through the questions like have I ever had a US visa before, etc. And that was pretty much it! She said if we’re approved, we’ll be getting something in the mail in a few weeks, and we were on our way! 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my GC interview Thursday, everything went great. The officier said that one more security check had to be done and if that was all good then he is going to approve us. My husband and I were very happy and relieved that this process is almost over. But then... today.. my case updated to ‘interview was completed and my case must be reviewed’. Does anybody knows what this means and how long this step is going to take? 

Timeline
On 11/9/2019 at 11:33 PM, B-B said:

Hi everyone,

I had my GC interview Thursday, everything went great. The officier said that one more security check had to be done and if that was all good then he is going to approve us. My husband and I were very happy and relieved that this process is almost over. But then... today.. my case updated to ‘interview was completed and my case must be reviewed’. Does anybody knows what this means and how long this step is going to take? 

your case was moved from IO to a supervisor where it's currently pending(totally normal) just be patient you should hear something in 2 weeks, depends on their backlog.

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Has anyone used a lawyer in Chicago? We got a NOID due to not having enough evidence of my husband's identity. We need help and they only gave us 30 days. Most lawyers we have reached out to cant even see us till next week and that takes a lot of the small time we have left. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Irehc said:

Has anyone used a lawyer in Chicago? We got a NOID due to not having enough evidence of my husband's identity. We need help and they only gave us 30 days. Most lawyers we have reached out to cant even see us till next week and that takes a lot of the small time we have left. 

you don't need a lawyer to respond to a NOID. what have you submitted in your application that you might be missing proof of identity? I'm guessing your husband is the beneficiary, did you submit all these for him?

• 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

you don't need a lawyer to respond to a NOID. what have you submitted in your application that you might be missing proof of identity? I'm guessing your husband is the beneficiary, did you submit all these for him?

• 2 Passport style photographs
  • Original copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of Form I-797 NOA2 Approval
  • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page + K1 Visa page + entry stamps
  • Copy of birth certificate + translation
  • Copy of Form DS-3025 Vaccination Records

We submitted all of this. They are wanting more evidence because they say his birth certificate isn't reliable since he got it after his 1st year of life. They want his baptism records and things that prove he is who he is. 

Hi friends! At long last our interview is tomorrow. I think I have everything all set...does anyone have any last-minute tips or suggestions for things they wish they had thought to take with them? We're going for quality over quantity for the evidence. A nice photo album, our wedding guest book and some cards, joint lease and some financial papers. Thanks! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all,

Happy new year!

I was just wondering if there's anyone left in this thread that didn't have their GC interview yet (I am one of them).

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hello all,

Happy new year!

I was just wondering if there's anyone left in this thread that didn't have their GC interview yet (I am one of them).

have you checked people within your state that have applied at the same time as you and received it? what does your status say online?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I checked with one person only. Same situation. Seattle (my FO) has a wait of 17-19.5 months. So I kinda know it is normal. I just wanted to check anyway.

My status says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since may 2018.

Edited by Gamisha

31 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hello all,

Happy new year!

Your AOS timeline will depend on the processing times of your local field office.

Not everyone here is at the same one as you.

Posting a seperate post and asking for ppl at your extremely specific LFO will yield relevant results to your query.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gamisha said:

I checked with one person only. Same situation. Seattle (my FO) has a wait of 17-19.5 months. So I kinda know it is normal. I just wanted to check anyway.

My status says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since may 2018.

yes super normal for your field office, hopefully you guys hear something within the next couple of months. This has to your year!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally had interview on friday jan 10 at 11 am and by 5:45pm case changed to card is being produced. I am finally done with the long process, cant wait to get that 10yr card in hand. Good luck to those still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.