analyncortez32

Refiling for k1 visa denied by uscis

51 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Spotify said:

CR-1 times have reduced that much? thought it used to be like 12-14 months

Remember that NVC is longer for CR-1. It is still a year to POE but it is almost a year for K-1 now too. CR-1 is only about a month of 2 longer and in some case quicker. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A k-1 petition can be refilled right now and does not require the petitionner to try to schedule a trip.  Many of us don't have that kind of flexibility to just jump on a plane tomorrow and take the 2 to 3 weeks to facilitate a marriage.  Doing a spouse petition will add time to the process because the petition cannot be submitted today.   It is not quite a simple decision as other posters make it out to be.   You must decide what is most important to you as a couple and follow that path.

YMMV

41 minutes ago, payxibka said:

A k-1 petition can be refilled right now and does not require the petitionner to try to schedule a trip.  Many of us don't have that kind of flexibility to just jump on a plane tomorrow and take the 2 to 3 weeks to facilitate a marriage.  Doing a spouse petition will add time to the process because the petition cannot be submitted today.   It is not quite a simple decision as other posters make it out to be.   You must decide what is most important to you as a couple and follow that path.

No one has said jump on a plane tomorrow.  Plan it out.  That's what adults should do. 

When you factor in living off of a single house income for 6 months, suddenly waiting to marry for the CR1 makes even more financial sense.  At least living in two different countries normally means each person can support themselves.  It can be hard enough for an LPR to find a job, but it seems even harder for those with just an EAD.  

Making adult decisions should come with being mature about how you make them. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

In all honesty I see a better percentage of successful marriages on VJ when the immigrant is able to be an independent person.  They are normally used to working and providing for themselves.  Suddenly when they're away from the familiar and unable to keep busy, there are fights and depression and homesickness.  The USC is baffled in this "change" of behavior which isnt a change but a natural reaction to being uprooted from all someone knows and being completely dependent on someone else.  

Even though I was able to work right away I still was homesick and developed depression.  It's taken many years for me to feel at home where I live.  If you've never uprooted yourself and had to start over you likely havent a clue what it feels like. And on top of that, the feeling is individual, so you may be able to relate but never fully understand.  

Excellent point. I think a majority of petitioners never plan for this situation that is more likely to happen than not. Luckily I work with someone you had already been through what you described and she was able to give me all the tips about how she made it through. The advantage of already knowing where the Asian market was can not be stressed enough lol. I think a question we don't see here nearly enough is what should I do to make my fiance from XYZ country feel more at home in my home. Or is there a group of immigrants from XYZ country near me that gets together sometimes. Lots of experience on this site to pull from other than just which forms to fill out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, NikLR said:

No one has said jump on a plane tomorrow.  Plan it out.  That's what adults should do. 

When you factor in living off of a single house income for 6 months, suddenly waiting to marry for the CR1 makes even more financial sense.  At least living in two different countries normally means each person can support themselves.  It can be hard enough for an LPR to find a job, but it seems even harder for those with just an EAD.  

Making adult decisions should come with being mature about how you make them. 

Your right but previous posters keep saying that k1 and spouse times are similar when they are not when you factor in the amount of time required to get married.  A k1 petition can be refiled today with a 9 month or so process and a spousal is one year PLUS the time, effort and financial requirements to make a trip to the Philippines to get married.  Which many of us don't have the flexibility to do on short notice.  The OP simply needs to understand the pros and cons and make a decision based on there situation and not the two cents opinions of others 

YMMV

30 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I think there are advantages to cr-1 but to K-1 as well. K-1 is not a trial but it does give time to see whether or not a someone can actually live in America. 

I'm not sure about that. It took me way longer than 90 days to adapt to life here and not being able to work contributed to the difficulty. I'm adjusted now and have no issues except that I still miss home, but the first 6 months were very rough. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you come on a K for a tril of nearly 3 months, get married and the file.

Could be nearly 9 months without a DL or EAD.

Not sure how that would help many relationships.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I'm not sure about that. It took me way longer than 90 days to adapt to life here and not being able to work contributed to the difficulty. I'm adjusted now and have no issues except that I still miss home, but the first 6 months were very rough. 

Fully understand, sadly they don't give longer. My wife didn't have a "job" in the traditional sense so it is a little more normal to her to not be going to work everyday. Biggest drawback to us is the drivers license issue. She can not go to the grocery store or anything during the day which she hates, that is definitely something to consider based on which state you will be moving to.

34 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your right but previous posters keep saying that k1 and spouse times are similar when they are not when you factor in the amount of time required to get married.  A k1 petition can be refiled today with a 9 month or so process and a spousal is one year PLUS the time, effort and financial requirements to make a trip to the Philippines to get married.  Which many of us don't have the flexibility to do on short notice.  The OP simply needs to understand the pros and cons and make a decision based on there situation and not the two cents opinions of others 

Agreed. Everything should be taken into consideration.  Immigration is a big deal. Its unfortunate, but love doesnt conquer all.  There are a lot of things people should think about when making the decision to move elsewhere to be with a loved one.  I've made sacrifices that others wouldn't consider doing.  My mental health has suffered in ways I didnt consider. But in the long run if I didn't believe, I wouldn't have started, so I put in the work it takes. 

Marriage is never easy peasy.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So you come on a K for a tril of nearly 3 months, get married and the file.

Could be nearly 9 months without a DL or EAD.

Not sure how that would help many relationships.

I don't know, I think its different strokes for different folks. I don't assume she will get a job right away when she gets her EAD. I feel she will be more inclined for seasonal and temporary work sometimes and home making. Of course that is entirely up to her and I realize just because I have the means to make that possible not everyone does. I can look back and say cr-1 would have changed some things for the better (drivers license) but I think we are very content that we got to be together sooner and learn more about living together before we "locked" it in. As someone mentioned above it isn't just the extra month or 2 as well because you do have to allot the time to actually get married and that can be more of a process in some countries than others. We decided on a Wednesday morning to file for K-1 and I sent the petition on Thursday and she was here 9 months later. Don't get me wrong though haste should not be your deciding factor either. I always found the nonstop whining in the 129f forums about the wait to be laughable because it sounded like there middle school boyfriends had gone off to football camp or something. A few months vs the rest of your life isn't so bad I don't think. Side note: always admired @John & Rose for the maturity with which he has handled his very impressive wait.

Timeline

You guys might find this funny but I would like to officially change my stance here. Your profile says Los Angeles so you should probably do CR-1 because AOS there takes a lonnnnngggggggg time.

Edit: wow USCIS say 15 to 32.5 months. 

Edited by ThomasNC1988

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
44 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Thank you.  I try to preach about not focusing on the process and focus on the love.  It is definitely difficult at times but in the end we will be together.  This process is long and stressful. We try to focus on why we started the process in the first place.  We know that eventually we will be together.  If we get denied again, we will be together in another country.  Life is short.  We all need to live the best life we can. 

This 🔺

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.