blessed981

No evidence for AOS package

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Dear all,

we were wondering about the AOS evidence of relationship that we should include in the AOS package.

right now, we have nothing except our photos. no bank account, no joint bills, no insurance beneficiaries.

should we be worried?

should we postpone filing until we do all the stuff above or send the package with  no evidence?

some posts states one or the other option so we are confused.

thanks for the help

Lease? Car insurance? Car payments? Utility bills? Do you live together? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

youre married. why do you not have any of that stuff?

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JFH said:

Lease? Car insurance? Car payments? Utility bills? Do you live together? 

3 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

youre married. why do you not have any of that stuff?

sorry we forgot to mention that we have been married and living together one week and we are planning to rush the filing of AOS so we don't loose time waiting. in one or two weeks, it is impossible to have any of those evidence.

what we were asking is that should we wait about a month or two until we do all those stuff that you stated and then apply for AOS, or just apply with no evidence and then gather them for interciew while risking getting denied for no evidence..?

1 minute ago, blessed981 said:

sorry we forgot to mention that we have been married and living together one week and we are planning to rush the filing of AOS so we don't loose time waiting. in one or two weeks, it is impossible to have any of those evidence.

what we were asking is that should we wait about a month or two until we do all those stuff that you stated and then apply for AOS, or just apply with no evidence and then gather them for interciew while risking getting denied for no evidence..?

But you must be on the lease if nothing else? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

They understand that people that goes thru AOS from K1 don't have much evidence in the beginning.

For my AOS (long time ago) I remember all what we sent was a copy of the marriage certificate (we requested extra copies at the courthouse to have just in case) and a few recent pictures (wedding, family gathering etc). 

If you are the beneficiary and already added to your spouse health insurance (or car insurance) then you can add that as extra evidence.

So do not worry about about having a lot of evidence at this point. but you will need to have more evidence by when you have the AOS interview (if you have an interview) and also when you do ROC 2 years later after AOS is approved.

hmmm.. i guess we don't have another solution except waiting a while  before aplying but i guess that we will go ahead and follow your advice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 minutes ago, blessed981 said:

hmmm.. i guess we don't have another solution except waiting a while  before aplying but i guess that we will go ahead and follow your advice

we filed for AOS few days after POE. No evidence needed by then. Our interview will probably be in another 8 months or so according to USCIS website. We did however, get SS# and collected as much evidence by now in our 5 months some of the bonafide marriage proof. So far, joint credit card, bank statement, lease from the apartment, power bill (wife is authorized on the account), medical from my work (card under my name, but she has medical also), other benefits from my work where she is beneficiary (401k. life insurance, work insurance, bussiness travel insurance, HSA  and others), cell phone under both of our name, 3 trips we made together (hotel bookings, restaurants we ate at, photos) from that is what i can remember. We are still waiting for EAD, so she can't have other proof.  This is a short list from what you could gather before the actual AOS interview. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
35 minutes ago, blessed981 said:

a week married and you wont have much. but all it takes is a few phone calls to get you on utility statements. a quick trip to the bank to get you on bank accounts. a call to his HR office and a piece of paper to add you to insurance. ditto for insurance policies. easily done within a few days or a week.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

All that really matters at AOS is that you have satisfied your requirement for marrying within 90 days after arriving in the US.

Go ahead and file without much evidence, you will be fine.

ROC is when you really need evidence. 

Good luck!

Timeline

thanks guys for all the helpful replies. we are gonna file the AOS and in the meantime we are gonna collect all those evidence in order to present them during the interview..

wow! helpful people around here :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, blessed981 said:

All we sent in was joint savings account and copy of our lease for the apartment showing both names. No issues but it was something at least.

As mentioned from others, at first you tend not to have much to show but eventually you get more. Joint car insurance, joint medical, life insurance policies, joint cell phone bills, ect.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, blessed981 said:

thanks guys for all the helpful replies. we are gonna file the AOS and in the meantime we are gonna collect all those evidence in order to present them during the interview..

wow! helpful people around here 🙂

California has the possibility of getting DL w/o a SS# i understand....do yourself a favor and try to get it. Other states are not so easy. My wife is chainballed  to the apartment because of EAD and some other VJ from our filling month already have GC even

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We married within 5 days of his arrival.  We filed within 8 days of his arrival.  At that time we didn't have much information of co-mingled accounts, and he was from a high fraud country.  We were approved (1 year and 1 month later) for his green card without interview.  FYI...our application was sent in May and his EAD was received by August.  This was 4 years ago, but we didn't submit any extra paperwork.  

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.