dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we uploaded our docs yesterday, i see SUBMITTED however the red button "submit" is still available, should we hit the button again?

thank you

Hi All,

Do you wait till you receive NVC welcome letter and use it for obtainIng the police certificate from your country of residence?  Or what do you use to prove you need the certificate? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, CappuccinoMo said:

we uploaded our docs yesterday, i see SUBMITTED however the red button "submit" is still available, should we hit the button again?

thank you

Just notice on your docs, the RED wont change. when you uploaded all of it one by one, it will show COMPLETED then changed to SUBMITTED when you clicked the RED.  Best of luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Atl2018 said:

Hi All,

Do you wait till you receive NVC welcome letter and use it for obtainIng the police certificate from your country of residence?  Or what do you use to prove you need the certificate? 

Did you get NOA2 ? if so, let get your police cert asap. 3 weeks in my country to request to get it and it will expire in also 3 months.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, Atl2018 said:

Hi All,

Hi 

here in Morocco we don’t need to justify why we need a police certificate

It may be specific for each country?

or just go there and see what they ask!

good luck

Thank you both! Over here in my country the police department stated on their website they require some form of document to show why a police certificate is needed. I will use the NOA2 letter and give it a try! Wish me luck! 

Timeline
Just now, Atl2018 said:

Thank you both! Over here in my country the police department stated on their website they require some form of document to show why a police certificate is needed. I will use the NOA2 letter and give it a try! Wish me luck! 

Yes good idea! Take the noa2 letter and print this page https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

you’ll be fine :) and good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Erza said:

Hi all. How many days does it usually take from "In Transit" to "Ready"?

Took one day for us. Just keep checking

Dominican Republic Police Certificate - does anyone know when this needs to be obtained by? I read somewhere that it is only needed at the interview and it has to be issues no longer than 30 days. But then I read somewhere that the NVC needs the police certificate as part of the documents that need to be submitted. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC as I just got approved. I just want to be prepared.

Dominican Republic Police Certificate - does anyone know when this needs to be obtained by? I read somewhere that it is only needed at the interview and it has to be issues no longer than 30 days. But then I read somewhere that the NVC needs the police certificate as part of the documents that need to be submitted. I'm still waiting to hear from NVC as I just got approved. I just want to be prepared.

2 minutes ago, Anle said:

OOpps, I accidentally posted this message while logged into my friend's account who I am assisting. Please disregard. This was me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 11:14 PM, pp5 said:

Call NVC in a week to confirm they have received your case. You will receive case number in 3-4 weeks from this date. Meanwhile you can apply for PCC in India and keep AOS, civil documents ready.

Which documents will I need to have it prepared?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 11:59 AM, dwheels76 said:

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Does this group then apply to October Filers for 2018? My petition was received by USCIS Chicago LockBox on 10/08/2018. Still waiting for news. My lawyer told me they have a backlog of 2-3 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
58 minutes ago, James D said:

Does this group then apply to October Filers for 2018? My petition was received by USCIS Chicago LockBox on 10/08/2018. Still waiting for news. My lawyer told me they have a backlog of 2-3 weeks.

This is not the USCIS service center thread

this one is for the NVC...so basically the stage after the petition  has been approved....which takes between 7 and 11 month at the moment to get a NOA2

Edited by mrmvkjts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

This is not the USCIS service center thread 

That is why I look every day for the USCIS October Filers 2018 thread but there is none. I keep an eye on this thread since eventually I hope to "qualify" for it and can have an idea of what to expect. Maybe I need to start the thread myself..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, Salt and Pepper said:

hi,

NVC cc october 2 nd,

appointment letter for interview received october 18th

interview on november 21in Frankfurt

cc on october18th , hopefully they have some spots left for November..lol… 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.