dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2018

712 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
45 minutes ago, qianl said:

Did you log in and check your account to see if you need to resubmit any documents or if all your documents were qualified?

Yes we were lucky they let him make it in advance! I was shocked..also cost for Brazil is $180 in Brasilia in case anyone on here needs to know 

Well I sent them a msg asking if it’s possible to take th correct marriage certificate and birth certificate to the interview instead of submit them to NVC so I don’t have to wait till next week for the ones they want...so it was then after 10 minutes I received that email from NVC asking me to log in cause I got a status change ,but like I said there’s none 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ben & Katy said:

I just want to thank everyone here on visa journey for helping us through this long journey.  Our journey has finally come to an end.  At least until its time for ROC LOL.

Here is our experience at the interview last week in Juarez;

My wife had her interview on Friday, October 12th@9:15 am.  They let her into the consulate at 8:00 am with no problems.  She said they put her in the green chairs right away.  It was a very cold, cloudy and rainy day.  There were not a whole lot of people in line throughout the morning which i thought was odd given that it is taking 6 months to get an interview scheduled.  When her turn came they asked; Who is petitioning you?  Have you visited the USA before?  When was the last time you visited the USA?  How did you guys meet? (Your story together), What is your name?  They collected all her documentation.  The lady interviewing her went to go talk to her boss behind the window.  My wife was a medical expedite.  She started to pull out a yellow piece of paper instead of green which made her nervous.  The lady came back to the window and told my wife, " your visa has been approved, the only thing is that since you are a very special case you will need to pick up your visa here at the embassy tomorrow morning."

We went to Espadas Brazilian Churrascaria for a celebratory lunch and I reserved another night at mesa luna hotel.  In the middle of our lunch the lady called from the consulate to tell her that her visa was ready!!!  So we ran out of Espadas in the middle of our lunch and to the consulate before it closed at 1:00 pm   After we picked up the visa we headed back to Espadas to finish our lunch.  At around 3:00 pm I took my wife to the pedestrian part of Zaragoza Bridge to cross for the first time.  I crossed in my car on the same bridge, parked in a neighborhood close to the border and walked 15 min in the rain all the way back to the border.  I highly recommend not crossing at Zaragoza as they don't have a place to park on the USA side and the Mexican officials charge people to come and go into mexico.  $3.50 dollars per car and .60 cents per pedestrian.   By 5:30 pm she was able to cross.  She and other first time visa holders had to wait over an hour for an official from USCIS to attend their paperwork.  

We both walked in the pouring rain to my car and headed off to Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso to hang out.  After that we crossed back into Juarez by car on the Cordoba Bridge (free of charge).  On Saturday, October 13th we crossed into El Paso again through Cordoba Bridge and off we went home to Tucson, AZ.  Overall we had a great experience in Juarez and her at the consulate.  

How long from CC to interview in cd juarez?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Rameda said:

Congrats.  I think I saw you guys there.  It was raining day indeed.

i just got CC how long are scheduling of interviews taking?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Andy josue said:

Well I sent them a msg asking if it’s possible to take th correct marriage certificate and birth certificate to the interview instead of submit them to NVC so I don’t have to wait till next week for the ones they want...so it was then after 10 minutes I received that email from NVC asking me to log in cause I got a status change ,but like I said there’s none 

That’s so weird ... did you check the messages up top too? :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
52 minutes ago, qianl said:

That’s so weird ... did you check the messages up top too? :(

Yes I did but I spoke to an agent with acces to my info and he told me that there’s nothing they can do about and advice me to wait till next to avoid any delay at embassy so just have wait a couple of days an that’s it ..!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, DiegoRlz said:

but in the uscis website stills says "case was received"

Thanks! I did not know the USCIS website was giving out that kind of information. The website is here https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do As soon as I receive a "Receipt number" I will see what information I can find about my case. Is a petition ever denied at this stage?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, boro said:

Interview Date Assigned : 10/16/2018

Case completion : 09/27/2018

Interview Date: 11/19/2018

KTM Embassy.

Found date via site. They haven't emailed me yet.

Good luck to All.

Found date via site? 

Which , ceac? Did they message u the date through there then?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, boro said:

Interview Date Assigned : 10/16/2018

Case completion : 09/27/2018

Interview Date: 11/19/2018

KTM Embassy.

Found date via site. They haven't emailed me yet.

Good luck to All.

Congratulations! But what site? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I got message yesterday, my visa was sent to NVC for processing, is there anything I should do meanwhile? call NVC anytime soon or get any documents ready? Any advice?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

Found date via site? 

Which , ceac? Did they message u the date through there then?

18 minutes ago, Jundi93 said:

Congratulations! But what site? 

Sorry I gave a wrong info. Actually I found the date via phone call but I found my date was assigned before my phone call via this site. This is different link than a normally used one.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Edited by boro

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, boro said:

Sorry I gave a wrong info. Actually I found the date via phone call but I found my date was assigned before my phone call via this site. This is different link than a normally used one.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Did it change to in transit. Is that how u knew ? 🙂 

18 hours ago, lvsweets said:

i just got CC how long are scheduling of interviews taking?

Hey, I'm not the same country but have seen forums on here about CDJ. From cc there appears to be a wait time to interview of 4+ months. I think they are backlogged. Have a look in the Country specific forum for more info

1 minute ago, NatalieC136 said:

Hey, I'm not the same country but have seen forums on here about CDJ. From cc there appears to be a wait time to interview of 4+ months. I think they are backlogged. Have a look in the Country specific forum for more info

@lvsweets check this link out 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.